Pubic Mound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pubic Mound

Hi, I am 14 years old and have a question about my pubic mound. I have tried to look all over the internet for help but I can never find it. I play softball and my friend always says that it looks like I wear a athletic cup and I have a penis. I am 4'11 and 145 pounds. I know I am over weight for my age but I am slimming down. I have not told anyone besides my best friend. I don't know what to do and is this normal. Please can you give me some information?
Every females vagina and mounds are shaped differently so don't worry too much. Plus you are still growing so things will change as you get older. If if bothers you maybe try some different types of underwear or pants with a looser crotch. Don't worry about something you have no control over, some of us are just better padded than others. As long as you are healthy that is all that counts. Best wishes, Sissie
Wearr loose clothing it happens when clothes r too tight im overveight and mine did that.. ur mound will be biger then skinier girls  its called a cameltoe when it  shows like that
It doesn't show like that though. I know what a camel toe is and that is definatly not like that.
Thank you!
You are welcome! :)
I will give you warning before you read this. I am not purposely trying to hurt your feelings, but you need a reality check and I am dead serious about this.

Of course it looks like you're packing heat, you're only 4'11 and 145 pounds, making you obese. Even if you have a LOT of muscle, there is no way a girl who is 14 years old and 4'11 should be 145 pounds. I am 5'2, 20 years old and the healthy weight range for my height is 105-125 pounds. You need to talk to your parents about losing weight, at the age+weight that you're at, you're only going to get fatter if you don't make a drastic life change. It may sound harsh, but the food you're eating and the exercise you're not getting enough of is going to cause significant health problems down the road.

There are slang terms for the bulge you're dealing with: FUPA (fat upper pubic area) and gunt (gut + you know what), and the only remedy is overall weight loss, some people are more 'padded', but you have a good 30 pounds to lose. Google those terms, you'll find exactly what you're looking for...and probably people who look a lot like you.