Pubic hair problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pubic hair problems

Do you think it would be a good idea to braid my pubic hair for my boyfriend?  Would he like it?  Also what are the potential health risks, am I risking collecting more dirt when I use public washrooms and such?
Don't bother.
Why would he care?
Your  pubic hair is long enough to braid? If you want to surprise the boyfriend just trim it up a bit.
Maybe you should braid your leg hair and pit hair while your at it.You know,so you match.
Is that a serious question? lol
I don't know.  I hope not.  I keep thinking about it, though.  I keep wondering, how do you get it to grow that long?  Then I wonder why would you want it too?
if it is that long why not try dread locks.  less maintanance
I read the title and my gut told me not to pull up the thread.  Why didn't I listen?   How could anyone stand to have pubic hair that long and why would you want to braid it?  
I'm wondering if this is the same poster who awhile back wondered if pubic hair could be a barrier to getting pregnant.   YUCK!!!!!!
Maybe do the Ellie Mae Clampett piggy taels for a while?
If this is a serious post, then I would say it really wouldn't be very attractive to braid pubic hair, wouldn't dangling make it in the way more?  Ewww..  Anyway, as far as cleanliness goes because your hair is braided you can't clean the hair inside of the braid even though it will get dirty.  So I can't imagine you'll smell very good after a couple of days. I would suggest that you trim it up, if you want it to be cute, not like guys really look that closely anyway, you could go to a salon and have them wax you and they can shape.  You could even dye it and make it look like a strawberry.  As pointless and expensive and ridiculous as that seems (too many women actually do it!) it's better than braiding it.
ladies-  she's the same poster that want's to wear pads while swimming.   Can you imagine using pads and having pubic hair long enough to braid?  Scary to imagine what that would look like with a swimming suit on.  
Anyone else have the urge to avoid swimming pools now?
I'm imagining REALLY long dark hair floating..........*PUKING*
just think if you saw that hair on the toilet seat you wouln't guess it was pubic hair    
*gagging*
Ha, all of you are to funny I was nearly keeled over laughing at this one.
But ya i'd say... TIME FOR A TRIM!
i thought the bald look was in.  no?
I don't know about the bald look but definately trim is in!
I love you ladies--
This thread has me literally rolling on the floor laughing my butt off--
The *puking* comment was my fave.

I think that Mal is right, the odor would be really bad.  

My sister has a friend who didn't know how to use tampons, so she thought it would be okay for her to wear a pad with a bathing suit.  Well, the suit was a little big, so it kinda gaped open at the bottom.  She sat on the side of the pool, and the whole audience got a free show of her maxi pad.  Additionally, when she got in the pool (by that time, she had cleared everyone else out) the pad exploded like a diaper...and they had to close the public pool for 24 hours while they drained/treated it.

Definitely not a good idea to use a pad in the pool.  

As far as this particular thread?  Just the thought of having long pubic hair and even considering a bathing suit is enough to make me *gag*.  Why do you think they created "bikini waxes".  You may not want to shave, but for the benefit of all the rest of the folks enjoying their swim, please consider cutting your hair.

Maybe she could donate it to the chick in "Beauty" who had her hair messed up by the beauty school.
Hey, that donating it to the other girl who's hair got messed up was a really good idea.  Why don't you run on over to Beauty and suggest it to her?  I hear she's really a very nice and understanding young lady who's open to all sorts of suggestions.hahahahaha  LOL

(You know I love ya, right?)
Yes, I know.  I've been there already.
Poor Tybear.
LMAO, thats all i have to say...
Nothing says "I love you" more than a pubic mullet.  While you're at it, you could bedazzle your panties.
Just realized that when I abbreviate your name like that, it looks like a new "fun" product we should all go purchase.
I won't abbreviate anymore.
Sorry---
Ok, this gave me my second laugh of the day!
It's easier to just put it in a ponytail.  Braids take too long.
but if you braid it, you can add in cute beads and stuff
Do you think it would be a good idea to braid my pubic hair for my boyfriend? Would he like it? Also what are the potential health risks, am I risking collecting more dirt when I use public washrooms and such?

It's probably no more of a risk braiding it than the risk of your long pubic hair dangling in the toilet bowl when you sit down anyway. It's guaranteed to get wet. Or did you mean you wash your pubic area in the public washrooms?  And the fact that you said "more" dirt, uggh, how dirty is it??  

Aw man, just wondering, even though I know this is not real, there is a small chance that this is a serious question.
dragging your pubic hair through the toilet bowl?  LOL  too funny :)
I'm wondering if she means french braid or Willy Nelson style.
I didn't read all the responses, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the original poster is male.
Try corn-rows instead...
what? no one else braids their pubic hair?
Omg r u serious? This is soo funny,sorry to laugh if this is serious,But who would have their pub's that long.EWWWWW,Why braid?Why not starighten & highlight?Is'nt straight style in?...lol..& about the hygene,If you have hair that long you prob. dont care about hygene.Would you brush it then braid?Dont want you to have tangles & hurt yourself...lol..I'm so sorry,trying my best to give good advice,Hey dont you disappear on us give us updates,tell us how it went!She/he prob. wont be back...Thanks for making my day...nanis
well, it's "gotta" be fake for a couple reasons.
1. she/he has not been back to respond.
2. you would think she was very young..you know...asking about swimming with a pad/naive.
3. she HAS to be older/wiser if she has THAT much pubic hair right? around what age do you start growing it? i have NO idea what age i was. i will tell you this... WARNING too much info. but its all in the name of laughter.

my BEST FRIEND since 3rd gr. (and we are STILL friends now, we're 37).
growing up, we'd always ask each other...did you get your period yet? now? did you get it YET? how about "hair"? do you have hair down there yet? do you see any? i told her I DO (but i didnt really). she wanted to see it. i showed her and then after a while i told her the truth. i took hair from my hair brush and "tucked" it in ever so gingerly. she thought it was real. how stupid we were to suddenly have it grow in a matter of days.
now...we know what a PIA both AF and pubic hair really are.
Haha you guys are so funny!!  I'd go for a more festive style, maybe add a bit of tinsel, a little glitter, you know spruce it up a bit lol :)
You really need to "think outside the box" here. I think a nice french braid would be gorgeous. Or get some highlights and feather it like a Farrah Fawcett style circa Charlie's Angels. Or maybe get extensions (sounds like you don't need them) then you can do a lovely up-do.
O.k that proves my point.I have highlights so if I do that.she would have known? But I'm not bald & I am down their..O.k (tmi).Sowhat bald is in..lol...HaHa talk about feeling confortable.Sorry MH.Pubs are health realated ?right? or lack their of..lol..
Missed seeing you around...how are you?
*runs to dollar store to buy a Bedazzler and glitter*

You ladies should have your own show on Comedy Central!
Please come back and update us. Nobody is making fun of you we just want to know if it hurts so we can get ours done. Did you go through with it? How does your boyfriend like it?
i knew it!  you really DO have a mullet :)
I was wondering too!  She hasn't been back, though.  Sure would like to know how the "situation" turned out!
hmmm...how do we know she doesn't already have a weave? Maybe that's how she can braid it! LMAO!