Question about period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Question about period

So July of 2011 was the time I got a regular period. From August to January 2012 I didn't have a period at all. Towards the end of January I got my period and had it straight for about 5 months, every single day. Then it went away for months. This past December I got it for a week, and I thought I got a regular period back. Then a week later I got it for a week again. Since then I've had nothing until yesterday. I could days ago, I started getting this really bad pain in my stomach, kind of like a poop pain. Now that I have a period, it's ridiculously heavy. I put in a tampon at around 8, and by 10 had to change it because it was overflowing. I literally sat at the toilet and could push out blood. I've bled more today, (the 9th, now about 11:30) then I normall would in a week.

Please help. I can't get a doctor's appointment for over 2 weeks and I can't afford an Urgent Care bill.
Hi there.  I'm just wondering why you are just now setting up a doctor's appt.  These hormonal issues of no period and then 5 months of a period warrented an exam a long time ago.  Anyway, you should call your doctor again and tell them about this bleeding.  Every doctor's office has acute care appts.  meaning appts. for situations happening THAT day that need to be addressed.  This is different than asking for a regular exam to talk about period problems.  You tell them that you have VERY heavy bleeding and need to be seen.  And honey, all we reallly have in the end is our health.  You have to go to urgent care or the er if your gut says something is very wrong.  An emergency is an emergency.  good luck and let us know what happens.  I think you should be seen right away.