Questions about Nuvaring
Hi everyone...I too am going to be starting the Nuvaring. I took my last Orthotricycline lo Thursday June 1st (I never did the Sunday start...I would start active pills on a Friday, last one Thursday, and get my period M-F)I was on that for about 2 or 3 years, but have been on OCPs since I was 23 and I am now 34.

The reason for switching to Nuvaring is I seem to be having heavier days during my periods each month, and I am having some minor breakthrough bleeding. My Gynecologist thinks that the cholesterol lowering over the counter drug I am taking, Cholestene, is interfering with how the pill is being absorbed in the GI tract. I didn't notice the problem periods while on Ortho lo until after starting Cholestene about 3-4 months ago.

I have a few questions before starting Nuvaring. My doctor told me to refridgerate it until use so that it does not lose its potency until I am ready to insert it. Is this necessary? Since I am took my last active pill this past Thursday, would I then insert Nuvaring next Thursday even though I used to start the active pills for the next month on a Friday? I probably have a million more questions about it, but can't think of any more at the moment. Thanks!
yes it meakes since to refridgerate it. my friend was on the nuvraring and she forgot for only 1 month the put it back in and she got pregnant. so if you really are not wanting a baby at the moment try not to forget it :)
I used the Nuvaring for a year. It was great and af didnt exsist much at all. I didnt refrgerate it at all. The pharmacist told me that as long as it wasnt in extreme tempatures it would be fine.

Good Luck.