RARE late period, pregnancy test negative.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-450 comments:
Has anyone ever been (or heard of) being pregnant with negative uring and blood tests? I am 3 1/2 months late, after taking Plan B. I have taken several uring tests... all negative and had a blood test done about 2 weeks ago, which was negative also. I am not one of those people who believes I absolutely must be pregnant. I am just worried because I have never been late like this before. I am very regular every month. My doctor just said that my body is being weird... which it has never done before and i am 24. I have been nauseous almost every day for the past 2 months. I thought it would go away when I had the blood test (thinking that my body was creating false pregnancy symptoms). But I am sick every single night. I have had cramps and back pain randomly for the past 2 months also...
Anyone have any ideas or similar situations?
Hi Everyone ,

I am 39 days late from having my period ! I have taken 4 hpt all negative and 1 blood test and it was negative ! I don't know whats going on with my body ! I So want to be pregnant! I have all the signs , Cramps, Sleepy all the time, always hungry and the funnest part everyone keeps asking me am I pregnant. I am going for an ultrasound on Monday . I really believe that I am Pregnant! I really think that my HCG levels are low. Has this happen to anyone and they still are pregnant ?
I am 18 years old . i am 1 month and one week late on my period i am worried since 3 pregnancy test came out negative this ..
Can i still be pregnant? =0
Can i still be pregnant? =0
i been really sleepy more then usual i love to clean now all i want to do is sleep ,i also have sore breast , headaches , i can't lay on my stomach it bugs me and that's how i usually sleep .
i am 17 years old and i want a baby i knw it sounds crazy but i was late on my period about 2 moinths ago and i have spotting never heavy enough to be a real period but im still bleeding my back hurts exstreamly my boobs have gotten a little larger im a total ***** and im sick and dont want to eat and my nipples have gotten a little bigger i noticed and my tummy is a little firm but the thing is i took pregnantcy test and they are negative can spotting or bleeting affect the test i would love to know anyone have awnsers oh and im exstreamy tierd all the time
hello i know how u feel, i had my last period in august between the 13-18 then i had sex with my hubby on the 28th then on the 29 i started like it was coming back, but then on the 30th it stop.. so i waited for my period to come on spetember and it never did, but again me and my hubby had sex and right after i spotted only for a few mins.. so here it is october the 22 and i still have'nt got my period, but took a test last month and came out nagtive.. so ur not alone, i'm scared i dnt know if i;m preggo or there's something else wrong...
Update: I just had my doctor's appointment. They did another urine test which came back negative. He did a pelvic exam and said everything looks ok. He thinks I am not preggo but said there can still be a chance. Maybe I ovulated late. But still confused. Even if I ovulated late that was some time ago. I am now 16 days late. I am never, ever late. Soooo confused. He did some bloodwork to see if I ovulated. Guess time will tell. Just want to know a definite yes or no. I just hope if I am preggo and my hormones are low that this pregnancy will go to term. I can't go through another miscarriage. Last year I had two missed miscarriages back to back. I don't wish that upon anyone. Good luck to you all. Baby dust!!!!
I understand how alot of u feel I'm 27 I got pg last year and miscarry its been a year and now I'm 7days late two test came back negative but I got them from the dollar store and I tested at night,going crazy wondering me and my husband want a baby so bad
i last had period 3rd sep i ovulated on 15th had a smiley face on clearblue ive been taking clomid been regular last 4 months but this time i havnt had af i am now 15 days late some hcg show slight posative and others negative only syptoms (symptoms) ive had are lots of discharge and backache and i had cramps 1 week ago so dont know whats going on going out my mind i didnt fid out until i was 7 months with my last pregnancy as the tests were coming back negative.
im 17 and i had sex september 11th, and i got my period the next day, then i had sex the 17 after my period was done then the 23 24th nd then the 4th of october and then a week or two after tht and all was with no condem and one of the times i think some *** got inside of me. so im kinda scared im about like 17 days late on my period one test cameeee out negitive i have some sypthems like weird cravings sleeping aloooooooooooooot sore boobs a bit larger white discharge alot my stomach is kinda hard i cnt sleep on it which im so use to and i eat alot i pee alot and i get horney alot. am i pregnant?
Did you ever find out what was going on?
I would try a blood test; if that doesn't work, ask for a pelvic exam and an ultrasound. Maybe try going in around 8-10 weeks?
Anytime you have sex without a condom, you risk getting pregnant, and getting a lot of nasty STDs. So yes, you could easily be pregnant. If you haven't taken another pregnancy test or gotten your period, take one first thing in the morning or call your doctor for a blood test and exam.
WOW so glad I found this site! I thought I was the only one going through this, anyway, well I'm 21 yrs old, I've been w/ my bf for 3 yrs this month, & we've had unprotected sex for 2 yrs now, we planned on having a baby but nothing ever happened, I've never taken any type of birth control either. I'm 9 days late (I'm never late) & took 2 HPT & both came negative, I haven't had any type of spotting but I've been having cramps, I usually have cramps a day or 2 before my period, but so far, nothing. I've also noticed I get real sleepy & I've been eating more than the usual. Will keep updated!
hi everyone im 26, DH and i been ttc for almost 3 1/2 years now its crazy how many of us are going through this. my period is 16 days late all test came back negative i havent had a late period since this one time in 2007. its so hard not to be stressed about this stuff. Best of luck to you all.
I've been reading forums like this for weeks; now I just feel like joining in!  

DH and I are 4 years married and TTC since Nov 2010. I am typically a 36-day cycle (up from 28 since I came off BC, which I was on for 10 years). I was due Oct 7 so I am now about 33 days late.  I've taken 5 HPTs, all negative.

This is my first time being this late, so it's hard not to be optimistic. I had 5 days of very light spotting from Oct 20-25 (I am hoping it was IB). I've had no other strong symptoms, but I have had a few minor things (that could be all in my head) like sensitive nipples, a little heart burn, a few days early on when I was dizzy, some itching (no idea what that's all about), and the urge to eat EVERYTHING.

My doctor and all the women I've talked to seem to just think I've missed a period so I'm waiting until the 12th (3 days) which is when my next period should be do. I'm going to be really sad if it comes, but I don't feel pregnant really so I guess I should expect it. If I've actually missed a period then I think it's time to talk to the doc about seeing if everything's working all right in there. ><

Anyway, good luck ladies! Baby dust to you all!
I'm back! & after 11 days late I finally got my period :(
hie i am having the same problem but waiting to see dr 4 review next week. what happened on your ultra sound
hi i am 20 years old, i am 13 days late with my period, got sensitive / sore breasts...... went for a test when i was 7days late but came up negative.. was told to come back in 2 weeks time?????? what do you guys think? i have EXTREMELY painful lower tummy cramps after intercourse and through out the day some times... only found out i was preg with my son when i was 11weeks preg............. oh well guess i can only wait and see
I am back! AF started yesterday with a vengeance.  I guess I'm just going to start believing those neg HPTs. I can't believe I really missed a period! ><

Oh well, there's always next month. :(
I took 3 tests and the all came out negative but then when it came around the time where i suppose to have my period I ended up not getting it. I was 11 days late and before I would get pregnancy symptoms like throwing up, my stomach feeling weird, and lots more. I went to the doctors and they said I wasn't. But I still feel like I am sen though they said I'm not.. Is it possible to be pregnant even though the doctors say I'm not?
Okay here's my story hopefully i can get some answers as the doctors seem to have none for me. First off let me say my periods have always since i started getting them been 28 days cycles and last 5 days of extremely heavy bleeding like one super plus tampon an hr (i know tmi but i want to know whats going on with my body). In September my period was 5 days late had a blood test done came back negative period showed up but was very light where all i had to use was pantie liners, and lasted 3 days. Have been nausea, more tired, sore breast, breast have gone up two cup sizes, gaining weight, using the bathroom more, been alot more hungry especially for foods ive always hated.  October period was 2 weeks late had another blood test was negative.  Period showed up was 1 week with mix of days heavy and light. November period 1 week late first 2 day extremely light bleeding, 3rd day moderate flow then completely stops. Still having pregnancy symptoms, could I be pregnant or is something else wrong with my body? Any help at all would be thankful sorry if was tmi.
I havent had a period and about 7or8 months I was on the birth control shot the last time I got it was about 5or6 months aqo and I havent got it after dat because I was goin to get on the pill I had sex some time n auqust n I went to the doctor in they told me I wasnt prego but I have all the signs my breast are getn very big n they hurt my stomach getn big I got scratch marks now I eat back to back sleep allll day cry about everything about 3months aqo I continued to throw up but I didnt pay it any mind took it as I was sick I havent took a home prego test yet...wondering do anybody now what I should do??
I have a question I started my period on the 5 of November n then started spotting on the 27 just when I would wibe four 2hrs the. Again till the 4 I started bleeding heavy I would pee blood n cloth just when I. Would pee my periods have always been normal.... I took a pregnancy test n it came out negative  after Ive been bleeding days ofter I've been having bad headaches cramping lower back pain bought a e.p.t n it had a very lightly positive n then bought 4 n all of them are negative have any of u had this happen n were in fact pregnant
4 days late. So here's the story. Weren't on any contraceptives previously had period from 30th to the 7th of Dec. Had unprotected sex on the 13th and took Ella(emergency contraceptives) on the same day. 4 days later had unprotected sex again and took Postinor-2 within 48 hours. Took another dose in 12 hours as directed by the doctor. Didn't experience any side effects just mild cramps within a week after I took Postinor-2. Now I'm four days late and scared as hell. Help? Could I be pregnant?
so i have taken 4 home pregnacy tests all came back negative but still no period 3 weeks late what could be goin on?
Can anyone advise?...
My cycle is an average of 35 days (ranging from 31 to 33 but with one month as long as 40). My partner and I try to have sex every few days throughout the month to maximise the chances as I'm unsure exactly when I ovulate.
I am now on day 31, is it too early to test? Should I wait until my average day 35 or even until day 40?
I can't stand the wait! We have been ttc for 7 months.
Any advise would be appreciated. X
i have. Me and my husband have a 2 year old daughter and were trying for a baby then we stopped thinking we weren't meant to have another baby after 2 months of trying, and had no problems conceiving our daughter. But i had a period 10/30/2011 and i am 3 months late. My doctor told me my body is stressed i am only 25. But i was never this late and i ALWAYS had my period every month. I am having pregnancy symtomps but i have had 3 urine pregnancy test and 2 blood test and they still show negative. I am at a loss why i could be missing periods if i am not pregnant. How could i not be pregnant if i havent had a period in 3 months. I am worried though because if i am then i need to be careful because my doctor wants me to take prevera (medication to start my period) but it could harm my baby if i am pregnant and i am taking these pills.
Ok so i just had a baby 4 weeks ago and just yesturday my fiance came in me but i havnt got my period back yet so idk when i  should take a pregnancy test sence the fact that idk if im ovulating sence i heard u cn get pregnant esily after child birth
I'm 18 days late iv never missed a period! Iv been a day or two late but never this long! Iv notice I get hungry more than normal, I have somewhat sore boobs, I get headaches (never had them this bad before) and I still cramp, and have gas bad! I havent went to a dr yet but iv takin 8 test they have all said negative! I'm a little worried?
hi all  me and my parter been trying for 25 months now for our second child, my last period was 3rd jan i have a 30 day cycle every month,was due on 4 days ago and still no period. have been having stomach cramps on and off and feels like im gonna come on.but doesnt seem to happen. took pregnacy test yesterday evening come back negative. thought it maybe incorrect as i did it so late so i took another one this morning still negative. trying not to gett my hopes up thinking there is still a chance, has anyone experienced this ?and could i still been pregnant?
I have had 2, 3days spotting periods since December. January I didn't have a period and I haven't had one this month yet. I'm nauseated every morning. And Everytime I drink just a glass of wine I feel drunk. Compared to drinking a lot in the past. I'm,constantly sleepy. My doctors appt is in 2 wks. Should I ask for a ultrasound?
Ok heres one, I have my tubes tied not burnt about 10 years ago but I have been praying for a baby many years. I have been getting a little sick but my stomach is growing and is hard at the bottom. It feels like somethings in there. I took a pregnacy test it was neg. But I also didnt take it right..dk if that matters..I have been staying very hungry..I hope nothings wrong down there..worried
Was just reading bout some of the concerns an worries of ttc. so i like to ask a ?. U are timing out ur cycle an made sure u had sex on the 13 day. but was that the only day? Iv often hurd more u stress makin it like calender work the harder it may become. im far from any doc. An thank god he has blessed me with two angles. I struggled ttc with the 1st. but when i stopped makin the hole thg a calender event an let the pontaneous love physcial mental passion back into the bedroom an stopped counting day. I know the sprem can hang around livly for up to 3 days max. so my partiner an i let it an an started focusing on try doin lil special or just sweet trying. to make sure we were in bed ev  2 to 3 nights. For no less then a month. i meam shut thats keep a livly fresh batch in there just bout at all times. another tip that i wud do was after he had u know released. stop the sex so pushes least as possible back out. i wud then but pillows under my behind to elevate my pelvic area an wud lay there longs as i cud  read a lil on a book or somethg. shoot few times fell on to sleep for the nite till i rolled off of it. lol tryin not to loose a single one. i no dont sound the funnest. but when u want a baby u want a baby. Well i did that tru the mouth of Jan. i tested early fed it was negative but i felt it. So i waited till valentines days tested again an it was an awsome valentines suprise with a possive. saw a doc within the next week to find out i was around 6 weeks preganent. So my 1st test that showed negative i was actually around four week preganent so u never no but keep ur heads up. but like i said im no doc an cant say it wud work for evone. An no doc offered me this advise. it was a wise old great grandmother who lived an concived in the days with no doctors saying. here take this pill give urself this shot on this sorting day wait two hours an give
Was just reading bout some of the concerns an worries of ttc. so i like to ask a ?. U are timing out ur cycle an made sure u had sex on the 13 day. but was that the only day? Iv often hurd more u stress makin it like calender work the harder it may become. im far from any doc. An thank god he has blessed me with two angles. I struggled ttc with the 1st. but when i stopped makin the hole thg a calender event an let the pontaneous love physcial mental passion back into the bedroom an stopped counting day. I know the sprem can hang around livly for up to 3 days max. so my partiner an i let it an an started focusing on try doin lil special or just sweet trying. to make sure we were in bed ev  2 to 3 nights. For no less then a month. i meam shut thats keep a livly fresh batch in there just bout at all times. another tip that i wud do was after he had u know released. stop the sex so pushes least as possible back out. i wud then but pillows under my behind to elevate my pelvic area an wud lay there longs as i cud  read a lil on a book or somethg. shoot few times fell on to sleep for the nite till i rolled off of it. lol tryin not to loose a single one. i no dont sound the funnest. but when u want a baby u want a baby. Well i did that tru the mouth of Jan. i tested early fed it was negative but i felt it. So i waited till valentines days tested again an it was an awsome valentines suprise with a possive. saw a doc within the next week to find out i was around 6 weeks preganent. So my 1st test that showed negative i was actually around four week preganent so u never no but keep ur heads up. but like i said im no doc an cant say it wud work for evone. An no doc offered me this advise. it was a wise old great grandmother who lived an concived in the days with no doctors saying. here take this pill give urself this shot on this sorting day wait two hours an give it go. i dont just wanted to share my exsprence.
I just found this site and I am the same I am 26 and never missed a period my husband got reversed and we been trying like crazy to get pregnant well now my period is late by a week and I have done 4 test and all negative I don't want to do any more because its really upsetting and my husband gets upset too could any one tell me please is it too early to test or is there something wrong that's why I'm not having a period many thanks Laura x x
I'm new here...also 3days late for my MP for the 1st time in my life....took HPT today n got a big Neg.I'm crossing fingers to be pregnant,I hv stomach cramps,steping pains sometimes as if I will see my MP soon...
please help...i had my last period on 4 june n on 21 me n my partner gt intimate...he did nt enter nor ejaluated...dre ws nly little genital rubbing so i guess ds cud nly b a case of little pre***...nw i am 4 days late..and d day i ws due 4 my cyle i gt severe cold n fever...i have cramps n white discharge..i tested today n gt a negative...really worried
Hi i want to know if im pregnant but 3 times negative pregnancy test my last period june 21th and july 19th my period is only spot light brown only little spot takes up 3 days then this august 19th my period come and only 3 days but i usually takes my period 6 days finished it.and i fell some psin on my abdomen side...pls.gave me a advise for that
all is well, wat of if a person av seen her period 4 last mouth, and she did a test show nigetiv, but her breast and body pain her. What may be the cause of this problem?
i am 2 or so months late...i hve taken pregnancy test...all negative, but my hair is fAlling out, my breast tender food cravings...could i b pregnant..i dont want to get my heart broken all over again....please help..........
I have a question. I am a month late. With no sign of a period until today and yesterday i had a tiny spotting. Brownish color no actual blood. Had five hpt and three blood tests. I really want.to be pregnant is there a chance itjust hasnt showed up yet on the test? Or is there no way im pregnant? Advise please?
I was expecting AF last sat. 8/2/14 but never showed....I figured that my calendar was off so I didn't panic! The days went on and still no AF so on tues I took a hpt Tuesday 8/5/14...it showed a faint line (possible positive) so I asked a dr friend and she said prob yes that I was.....she had the same result her 1st preg. Well I decided to wait a few days and take another test, so this morn Friday 8/8/14.....this time it said Negitive and I have some brownish discharge. I'm 33y.o. it bothers me b/c I have never been late except for in late May when I had strep (I thought then I might be prego but read that being sick can affect AF so no worries......but other wise I am ALWAYS REG. This time I really thought it might be and even after this morn result.....I'm still not convinced that I'm not prego.....I have a lot of the symptoms such as......extreme tiredness, queasy/nausea that is off and on through the day, sore/tender breasts, crazy emotional, frequent urination, head aches, lower back pain, slight abdominal cramping, & 8 days overdue for AF! Can anyone give me advice......I'm not completely convinced that I'm not prego yet......Please Help!
hi, i was reading yoiur post and the same thing happened to me 8 days late lots of symtoms (symptoms) like tiredness, going to the toilet a lot, and moody etc. i did 2 tests, both negative, thursday night gone i had some brown pink discharge, then throughout the night got very bad pains in my back and stomach - a lot of heavy bleeding followed by dark clots, just never had anything like this before, and tghiunk i may have had a miscarriage, idk,  could be my emotions as i really wanted a baby. i have to wait till monday to see my doctor, was just wondering how did things work out for you? hope it was a positive, im sorry i just feel like im going mad and cant get the answers i need quick enough. thanks for reading
Viewing 401-450 comments: