RARE late period, pregnancy test negative.
I am 27 years old and husband and I have been trying to conceive for 1 year.  Dr. just diagnosed infertility and ordered a semen analysis (the 1st step for us) but we haven't done it yet.  Now, my period is 5 days late (I calculate like a crazy woman).  I am NEVER late and was sure THIS WAS IT.  Lo and behold the test had a big minus.  I cried.  I didn't test in the a.m. but it says you don't have to.  I am scared to test again just to see another sad result.  I feel queasy but maybe I am wishing these symptoms on.  How accurate are these tests??  How long should I wait to do it again?

Thanks!!
I am so sorry to hear all the attempts you have made to TTC.  We have been trying for 14 months and just got sent to a fertility doc.  3 weeks ago I was late (a week and a half) and all my tests were BFN.  Then finally I took a Clearblue Digital first thing in the A.M. and it was BFP!  We were so happy, and figured out our "baby" was 5 1/2 weeks, and due around Nov. 15th.  That day I went to the lab to get the bloods done and they were BFN.  I was crushed.  To be that late it was impossible for the hormones to not show up in the bloodwork.  Believe me, I WANTED it to be just a really weird thing, and to be pregnant.  Seems there has been reports of false positives on the Clearblue Digital tests.  They will flat out read PREGNANT.  And you know more then me, how crushing that is for someone who has been TTC.  Reading about your attemps though...I am sure God does have a baby in store for you.  You deserve it so much!!!!
Hi there!  I can relate to your frustration with the pill.  I mean, we spend all those years trying NOT to get pregnant.  Then we want it to happen and it won't. We have been trying for 14 months after using the pill for 10 years.  We were finally sent to a fertility doc and just had the semen analysis done.  That is where they always begin to diagnose infertility.  I got so tired of seeing BFN's (big fat negative) I was reluctant to take any test.  Then I was given a false positive, which was the most horrible thing!  We thought we had finally done it!  I will be more then happy to talk with you about some personal experiences...yadda, yadda, yadda.  Just reply and let me know you got this post.  Here is some help on the abbreviations
AF- Aunt Flo (period)
BFN/BFP big fat neg. or positive
DH- dear husband
DPO- days past ovulation
LMP- last mestrual period
CP/CM- cervical position and cervical mucus
I know what its like having a late period and getting negative results. I was feeling pregnant and was excited when my period didn't come. I took about a million pregnancy tests (all neg). After about a couple weeks went to the doc's. Got a blood test, came back negative. we were so dissapointed. A couple weeks later went back to the doctors because I wasn't feeling well. Decided to do a blood test and came back positive, 6 weeks pregnant. So I had a false negative on the first blood test at 4 weeks pregnant. Don't lose hope girls. It can happen.
i also know what everybody is going through.  my lmp was on jan 20th and i still have not had a vist from af.  i have taken 4 hpt and they were all negative.  i had blood work done on march 7th and that was also bfn.  i go back to the doctor on monday so maybe i can do more blood work and it will be bfp. af has never not shown up so this is really weird for me.  once we started ttc this happens and i don't know what to do but wait.
Hi girls.My story may help,i hope so. I had a miscarriage in january after not getting a positive test until 6 weeks. Exactly the same thing happened to my best friend. I am now pregant again i did a test at 5wks 2dys which was negative but then at 5wks 6dys tests came back positive. I do not know if having a late positive results means bad news and i would love to hear from anybody who has experianced it.I will let you all know when my blood test comes back on tuesday. Anyway for all those desperately waiting for a positive result dont give up hope just because it is a few days late!
Hi Ladies, I'm 24yrs old and have recently been dx with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) My periods are usually like clockwork. AF arrives on the 8th of the month. But now its the 11th and no word from AF. I've taken 4 pregnancy test and all of them were BFN. I even took the early response that gives you results up to 5 days before your missed period. I am experiencing all the signs of being pregnant. I've read almost every internet cite pertaining to pregnancy symptoms. All point to me, me, me. But any how, I am not convinced that it's all in my head because my dr told me it would be very hard for me to conceive. So it's not like i would make the symptoms up.But all of a sudden I have these symtoms. I am so confused right now. Does anyone have some advice.
i am thirteen days late on my period and still getting a negative.we've been ttc for 2 years and i am a nervous wreck.i hope i am pregnant!!
Hey Ladies i've just come off the pill in the last month my period was due on the 9th nothing happened then on the 10th got slight bleeding browny colour and thought this is it then next day nothing then on 12th slight bleeding then today nothing any one have any ideas have done 2 hpts both negative. When i was pregnant with my son i did a hpt one week it was negative then a few days later it was positive anyone else have this happen hoping same thing happens.
Hi everyone.  I have been so depressed so I decided to yahoo search: missed period, negative pregnancy tests.  I had my first son when I was 20, 3 years ago.  We started trying to conceive again shortly afterwards, but nothing.  We weren't truely planning to have another child so soon so we started to use protection.  I was diagnosed wtih PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and insulin resistance when I was 15.  I was told that if I didnt conceive by the tiem I was 21 then I would probably have trouble.  I thank God ever day for my special boy.  Anyway, after the birth of my son my periods were very irregular.  For about 3 years I might of had a period once every 5-6 months.  It was crazy.  I started Chlomid 2 months ago with my period.  I had my period after the first set of pills, but I took the second set of bills during my second period which was regular.  I should of ovulated on the 19th of June and should of started around the 5 or 6th of July.  I took a test on the 3rd, I know too early but it was the clearblue digital which says you can take it 5 days sooner.  My friends were pushing me to take it so I did.  It came back negative and I was crushed.  Again I took the test on the 10th and it still read negative.  I was even more crushed.  I thought for sure we were pregnant.  I feel nausiated, pee all night long, my nipples are very sensitive, and my lower back is killing me.  I have a few little cramps in my ovary region every now and again and that kind of worried me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I plan to make a Dr appointment on Monday, but am worrying about it until then.
I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15.  I conceived when I was 19 and gave birth to a baby boy when I was 20.  The Dr. did tell me that if you didn't conceive by the time you were 21 that the chances went down.  IF you did conceive by then; then you should be able to conceive again.  I am not sure why that is.  I know that the cysts on the ovaries play a major role in wether or not you are ovulating.  I have the same symptoms as you right now and have been on fertility drugs for 2 months.  I had 2 negative pregnancy tests, and still no period.  Back pain, nausea, nipple sensitivity, cramping in the ovarian region, and much more.  I can't be dreaming this up.  I am continuely tired as wel which I was when I was early pregnant last time.  Let me know what you find out from your dr because sounds like we are in similar boats.  Good luck.  If you don't truely like what your dr is saying try an endocrinologist.  I dont know where you are from but I know some good ones here in North Texas.
I am 9 days late and I did 3 HPT all BFN, I have always been like clockwork.  Any advice!?!  I'm confused!!!!
hi girls this is my 1st time here hi to everyone,i lost my son last year to pre eclampsia at 25 weeks we have been ttc since march i'm 5 days late done 2 hpt with a bfn i'm normally pretty regular every 25 days everyone keeps telling me to relax not to try too hard but i want this so much do you think i could be delaying my own period
Hi. I'm about to turn 21 and my husband is 29. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and a half with an 8 month deployment in between. My usually regular period is now 6 days late. I've taken two pregnancy tests and still have a BFN. We both want to be pregnant so bad as my husband deploys again in 2 months. Thank you all for writing and sharing your stories that you still were pregnant even when you got a BFN. Keeps me hoping! I'll keep you all updated.
i had a dnc in feb.my periods have been every 28 days...this month my period is already 2 days late...took hpt and it was negative..i have had headaches and am tired easily..anyone have some advice?
I'm so sorry for your loss angel clark.  I feel  your pain so deeply.  I too lost my son at 6 weeks old due to SIDS. (sudden infant death syndrome) on April 12, 2007. He was born a perfect healthy little boy, 6 weeks later he was taken from us.  It's been really hard, but it does get better. My DH and I are currently TTC.  Since stopping breastfeeding I have had one light AF and 2 regular AFs.  I am now 3 days late.  I went to Dr on Fri and had blood work done.  It came back a BFN.  I was so discouraged.  If I am not Pg then where is my AF?  I want to continue TTC and feel I am at a standstill.  Does anyone have any advice???  I am trying not to worry but am NOT so good at relaxing lately.....
Hi ladies. I thought I would repost and give you all an update since so few do and we're all left wondering if they indeed were pregnant with BFNs. I still have not had my period. When I last wrote I was 6 days late. A week later, I still don't have a period and am still getting BFNs. I went to the doc and she was very ignorant and just gave me another urine test (also BFN). She didn't do a blood test or ultrasound. That's the first and last time I go to her. I'm currently waiting to get another appointment. As soon as I get a period or find out I'm pregnant, I'll let you all know. I'm still cramping as I have been for a couple weeks now. I googled it and it said that many women experience this when first pregnant.
hi thanks for your kind words the small things sometimes mean so much AF finally arrived so we are back to the disappointment for another month you start to wonder if you have a medical problem as to why we cant conceive made an appointment with gp who was very helpful and sent me for bloodwork so we will keep trying for now talk to you again soon..
Angel_Phoenix - your last update has made me feel a lot better.  I am 5 days late, and am always on time with my periods.  So at 2 days late I took the HPT (First Response) and it was a BFN!  I took it again at 3 days late and again a BFN.  I made an appointment today (for what I thought would be a blood test) but to my surprise the nurse handed me a dixie cup!  Once the Doc finally turned up in the room, she too was very ignorant and told me a load of **** I already knew and sent me on my way!  And that will also be the first and last time I ever go to her again - you don't by chance live in Hawaii do you?

!
I wish I lived in Hawaii! Ah.. alas, my period has shown up. It's much worse and the cramping is terrible. Here's to the two week wait again! For all of those still trying along with me (and getting their hearts broke month after month), I found a great site that is really wonderful for gals like us. In case you aren't already familiar, it's   It has really helped me feel not so alone.
After being late for 5 days.....and telling family members..............I just got my period this morning.  I spent a good half hour crying in the bathhroom and now I'm reading everyone's comments and I guess it's helping me to feel a little better.  My husband's still sleeping so he doesn't know yet.  I'm just so ashamed for making such a big deal out of this.  Pretty much all of my family is excited and waiting.  I feel beyond foolish for having told anyone.  By allowing myself to believe that I was definitely pregnant I am completely devestated.