RASH ON UPPER THIGH, VAGINAL LIP--??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

RASH ON UPPER THIGH, VAGINAL LIP--??

About 3 weeks ago i found a very hard pealike bump near my labia but not on it. It hurt a bit but then stopped hurting and now is just a red lump there. It never itched.  I looked online and thought it must be a cyst because it does not sound like herpes.  It honestly sounds like a sebaceous cyst.  I kept planning on going to the doctor but kept chickening out (I'm very afraid of doctors--i know i need to grow up and go). Today, I just woke up and I have what appears to be about 6 or 7 hivelike bumps around my lower buttcheek/uppper inner thigh area. They  are a little itchy and lightly red and do not look like they are filled with pus at all.  The literally look like little bug bites or hives.  I tried to pop one and it just let out a tiny tiny bit of blood, no pus.  The rest won't pop but seem to have a slight head similar to the way a mosquito bite often has a barely visible head. I realize I must see a gynecologist immediately but I am just SO nervous and have never been to a OBGYN before but have been sexually active this past month (for the first time in a year). I am very nervous this is herpes! Also the bumps are not clustered.  They are in patches in the sense that they aren't spread all over my body, but they are individual bumps not touching one another.  I also have a single tiny red bump on my inner thigh as well as above my pelvic bone on my stomach and 2 on my outer labia.  I thought they may be razor burn but i dont shave this far upper thighs! I was thinking allergy, or something? I don't know! I am just petrified it's something incurable.  If anyone has any idea what this could be or how to fix it with any home remedies, etc. please please let me know! Thank you so much!
It can be folliculitis skin apart from herpes which presents as painful blisters. For folliculitis, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your reply! I googled folliculitis to see what it looks like and while the images seem pretty severe, this is exactly what it looks like I have. It has spread as well so there is a one or two bumps on my feet and lower thighs so I just have to imagine this would be it. I am going to try to keep everything clean and hope it goes away on it's own!  There is certainly no pus in any of them, they are just raised bumps.  Thank you thank you!!! Is there any way of knowing how long this should last.  Ie. How long would it be wise to wait before consulting a doctor is this is folliculitis?
If the topical treatment benefits you then you may continue with it. However if the symptoms are severe then as mentioned before you may need oral antibiotics and re-evaluation to confirm the diagnosis.