Raw Skin in Vaginal Area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Raw Skin in Vaginal Area

About a week ago i suffered from a couple of vaginal fissures. The issue was, I didn't know it was a vaginal fissure until about 3 days after. The fissure was in fact sex induced due to a lack of lubrication. And I am about 95 % sure it is not related to STD infection. Also I have used many different products (which i shouldn't have) to try and treat them. I first used vagisil wipes and cream. I learned quickly that it would not help. I mostly used that for the odor I had, which was because I had started my period around the time of the fissures. I also used tea tree oil. It helps with soothing the pain, but I am under the assumption it may be doing some damage. I also tried using a Vitamin AD&E cream. I think it wasn't of good assistance because of the raw surfaces. Over time the fissures began to grow, and so did the irritation and the pain. Also I am a college student so everywhere I go I have to walk and it is the worst because the friction has caused a simple fissure to grow into a large raw surface. Also open sores have begun to form around it and the friction is causing it to spread further. I am in the process of scheduling an appointment to a OBGYN but it could be days before I finally get the medical attention I am seeking. Is there any possible way to help the raw surfaces heal?