Raw patch on clitoris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Raw patch on clitoris

Hi, recently I felt some discomfort on my clitoris, and there seems to be a small raw patch on the actual head of it, almost like the skin has just worn away or it has been cut, there has been no itching and it isnt really painful, just when touched and it's quite sensitive. I've had this once before but it went away and that was at least a year ago, maybe two. I'm in a steady relationship and am on the pill so we don't use a condom, my partner has a clean past but I'm wondering if perhaps it could be a sign of Herpes? My previous partner (i found out) was unfaithful a lot and although we always had protected sex there were two occassions where there was penetration and no protection although we didn't follow through. I don't seem to have any other symptoms, but there was some white substance around my clitoris when I was examining the sore patch.

Any ideas what this could be??

Thanks.
Tags: sores, sex
it's probably just from rubbing on clothing and sex.the white substance is probably smegma which is a secretion from your sebaceous glands.all uncircumcised women/men have it and it is harmless.
I have the same issue, however mine turned into a much more sevre problem. The rawness turned into extreme sensitivity- hard to walk, work, etc. I found out that it's possible to get a yeast infection just in the clitoris area, so I took(monistat,etc). It seemed to help at first but it came back, however- when it came back my inner labia started to swell. Over time, 8 months now, it has slowly gotten better- going through stages.  I've been TESTED for every STD known to man and I TEST NEGATIVE for everything. I also tested negative for yeast. I've been to several doc's and one specialist- no one seems to know what this is!!!

I don't mean to scare you, but just make sure that you go to the doc's first to get tested and don't let them tell you there's nothing wrong with you if the test come back neg. I've come to find out how little doctor's know about the clitoris part of the vulva.
What helps relieve the discomfort/pain for me: Don't wear underwear and only wear loose fitting clothes. Limit having sex or just don't have sex for awhile- if you do, gentle is key. Don't mess with the area too much unless you are bathing. A hot bath or squeezing hot water from a rag over the raw area helps clean it gently- do this once every day. Try to relax and avoid stressful situations- stress/depression ALWAYS seems to make this issue worse!!    

What I believe is happening is that white stuff "smegma" is becoming backed up under the clitoral hood and drying, causing the little pieces to feel like sand and it's creating raw areas. I like you, had a raw spot the previous year but it just went away in a week, not so much this time. I'm in a steady relationship and thank goodness he's supportive.
QUESTION: did this begin for you after having sex? Mine did. I thought it was just from having sex- friction  and all- but something had to have happened (bacteria, clogged glands, ph level went wacky, etc) for it to last this long. I see the specialist again in Jan for a followup.

I hope your's goes away soon and is just a small irritation. Please let me know your results.

Frustrated,

PC26

Sorry- when I said squeeze hot water over the clitoris area- I meant luke warm or cold water (that area is too sensitive for hot water, it could just irritate it more.) Also I found that putting a cold compress on the area for 15 min's helps the discomfort as well. Though again, I try to limit this because leaving the area alone as much as possible is good.  My doc gave me Liticone (sp?) cream to numb the area- but it doesn't really work.  : (
LIDOCAINE is a local anesthetic.if you use it on your clitoris sexual pleasure will be greatly diminished,please do not use it.

the most important thing to do is keep the area under your clitoral hood (foreskin) clean.clean it every day.all uncircumcised men/women should do this.
i am not having sex or had sex in a while but is it possible that friction from my clothes is causing a small patch of skin on my clitorous hood to peel off? it  is not herpes but i do have an vaginal infection and im wondering if that can be the cause, a lot of sweating down there a natural fliud comes out can that also be a cause too much moisture causing the skin to get sensitive and rub off...it hurts to walk after a while cause i can feel it rubbing on my underwear
I had the Same problem!! I found a raw patch under the hood of my clitoris!!! I was freaking out!!! I went to planned parenthood and all they told me was I must have cut myself, but how the hell do you cut yourself under the hood of your clitoris!!!
I asked them to do a swab test for herpes but they wouldn't!!!!!! I was so pissed!!! Now I have to wait and see if I ever get something like that again.
Your answer is a little scary.  Women do NOT get circumcised.  That is done to women in third world countries and it is considered in civilized countries to be mutilation.

To the OP, go to your Doctor.

It could just be sore from over masturbation.  It is rarely from rubbing on clothes, If your clothes fit properly, you clitoral hood will protect your clitoris.  If your clothes are too tight, that could cause and irritation.  

To the question can it be cut.  YES.  If you shave the hair in your pubic area, it s possible for the razor to slip or irritate the clitoris.  

AGAIN, for all of the above issues, if you are not sure, SEE YOUR DR.