Raw patch on clitoris

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Raw patch on clitoris

Hi, recently I felt some discomfort on my clitoris, and there seems to be a small raw patch on the actual head of it, almost like the skin has just worn away or it has been cut, there has been no itching and it isnt really painful, just when touched and it's quite sensitive. I've had this once before but it went away and that was at least a year ago, maybe two. I'm in a steady relationship and am on the pill so we don't use a condom, my partner has a clean past but I'm wondering if perhaps it could be a sign of Herpes? My previous partner (i found out) was unfaithful a lot and although we always had protected sex there were two occassions where there was penetration and no protection although we didn't follow through. I don't seem to have any other symptoms, but there was some white substance around my clitoris when I was examining the sore patch.

Any ideas what this could be??

Thanks.
Tags: sores, sex
it's probably just from rubbing on clothing and sex.the white substance is probably smegma which is a secretion from your sebaceous glands.all uncircumcised women/men have it and it is harmless.
I have the same issue, however mine turned into a much more sevre problem. The rawness turned into extreme sensitivity- hard to walk, work, etc. I found out that it's possible to get a yeast infection just in the clitoris area, so I took(monistat,etc). It seemed to help at first but it came back, however- when it came back my inner labia started to swell. Over time, 8 months now, it has slowly gotten better- going through stages.  I've been TESTED for every STD known to man and I TEST NEGATIVE for everything. I also tested negative for yeast. I've been to several doc's and one specialist- no one seems to know what this is!!!

I don't mean to scare you, but just make sure that you go to the doc's first to get tested and don't let them tell you there's nothing wrong with you if the test come back neg. I've come to find out how little doctor's know about the clitoris part of the vulva.
What helps relieve the discomfort/pain for me: Don't wear underwear and only wear loose fitting clothes. Limit having sex or just don't have sex for awhile- if you do, gentle is key. Don't mess with the area too much unless you are bathing. A hot bath or squeezing hot water from a rag over the raw area helps clean it gently- do this once every day. Try to relax and avoid stressful situations- stress/depression ALWAYS seems to make this issue worse!!    

What I believe is happening is that white stuff "smegma" is becoming backed up under the clitoral hood and drying, causing the little pieces to feel like sand and it's creating raw areas. I like you, had a raw spot the previous year but it just went away in a week, not so much this time. I'm in a steady relationship and thank goodness he's supportive.
QUESTION: did this begin for you after having sex? Mine did. I thought it was just from having sex- friction  and all- but something had to have happened (bacteria, clogged glands, ph level went wacky, etc) for it to last this long. I see the specialist again in Jan for a followup.

I hope your's goes away soon and is just a small irritation. Please let me know your results.

Frustrated,

PC26

Sorry- when I said squeeze hot water over the clitoris area- I meant luke warm or cold water (that area is too sensitive for hot water, it could just irritate it more.) Also I found that putting a cold compress on the area for 15 min's helps the discomfort as well. Though again, I try to limit this because leaving the area alone as much as possible is good.  My doc gave me Liticone (sp?) cream to numb the area- but it doesn't really work.  : (
LIDOCAINE is a local anesthetic.if you use it on your clitoris sexual pleasure will be greatly diminished,please do not use it.

the most important thing to do is keep the area under your clitoral hood (foreskin) clean.clean it every day.all uncircumcised men/women should do this.
i am not having sex or had sex in a while but is it possible that friction from my clothes is causing a small patch of skin on my clitorous hood to peel off? it  is not herpes but i do have an vaginal infection and im wondering if that can be the cause, a lot of sweating down there a natural fliud comes out can that also be a cause too much moisture causing the skin to get sensitive and rub off...it hurts to walk after a while cause i can feel it rubbing on my underwear
I had the Same problem!! I found a raw patch under the hood of my clitoris!!! I was freaking out!!! I went to planned parenthood and all they told me was I must have cut myself, but how the hell do you cut yourself under the hood of your clitoris!!!
I asked them to do a swab test for herpes but they wouldn't!!!!!! I was so pissed!!! Now I have to wait and see if I ever get something like that again.
Your answer is a little scary.  Women do NOT get circumcised.  That is done to women in third world countries and it is considered in civilized countries to be mutilation.

To the OP, go to your Doctor.

It could just be sore from over masturbation.  It is rarely from rubbing on clothes, If your clothes fit properly, you clitoral hood will protect your clitoris.  If your clothes are too tight, that could cause and irritation.  

To the question can it be cut.  YES.  If you shave the hair in your pubic area, it s possible for the razor to slip or irritate the clitoris.  

AGAIN, for all of the above issues, if you are not sure, SEE YOUR DR.
Well I'm having the same irritation of my clit. But mine is a result of my boyfriend doing this thing I like with his teeth and tongue. Sometimes he overworks that area and I get raw and swollen for a couple days.
If this has happened before in my opinion it could very well be HPV Human  Papillomavirus.. Good luck my dear.......
I too, had many doctors in 2006 not knowing what to call it, when I went to MD Andersen Cancer Center, they told me it's fairly new that doctors aren't sure about, they've call it many different things, such as Vaginal Displsia I had a sore/they called it a lesion, it tested normal, but obviously nothing was normal about it.  I have it through out my body, in my coochie, in my bottom, on my voice box and in my nose, it's called HPV.  I know I'm late to report this I hope you got answers and I Pray you are ok and getting treatment what ever they find out.  Knowledge is good..........
My wife has been having this issue, yet she is to scared to go to the DR. I really wish she would. This has only happened to her during intercorse when my penis has 'stabbed' her clitorise. I'm the only partner she has been with, and this has happened a couple of times in the past, but it has always gone away after awhile. This is the longest it's been around -- about three weeks -- and it's putting a slight dampen our sex life because she is too scared to hurt her parts. I know that she has been swabbing it with rubbing alcohol (for one day) and hydrogen peroxide. She told me that she has been wiping kind of rough so she can get all the moisture out, and we've been using cheap toilet paper for awhile. I don't have a vagina, so I don't really know everything that has been happening with her, but I'm hoping it's just a mere infection that can be easily taken care of.
KTowne commented on renae176's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Hollus commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals