Razor burn then Monistat..how long to heal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had some itching in the vulva area so I decided to shave down there cause I thought the hair was poking me. Then it got worse so I bought a one day yeast infection kit and used it...waited a couple days...didn't was getting worse. I went to a health clinic and the Dr. there told me I had a chemical burn from the Monistat. I was wondering how long does a chemical burn take to heal down there? It's been a week and I'm freaking out thinking it's something more serious since it hasn't healed up yet. Please help!
No, it could be still annoyingly inflamed.  Especially if you're shaving, using scented bath gels, scented lotions and so on.  My experience with the same thing would be that you at any age can get inclusions (like body acne) which is actually created by using harsh abrasive things that you don't even realize can really irritate your skin!  It's called "contact dermititus," I believe.  I got it on my hands & face once simply by using a certain soap! It does happen and I know, I ended up at my doctor thinking I'd caught some awful disease like Herpes!?  He said (I was 23) "At your age, you can get inclusions and rashes from many different things.  What are you washing with?"  Also, certain birth control items such as condoms which are lubricated with spermicide or the like can make your body react with an awful rash.  I remember thinking I'd caught a germ from my boyfriend and it was a reaction to what we were using as birth control.  You have already been to see the doctor and he diagnosed it as a chemical burn.  They can take what seems like FOREVER to heal and can feel just awful!  If I were you, if you are still in severe enough pain and distress, go back (or call) and let him know what is going on.  In the mean time, I'll tell you what worked for me within a few days: I stopped shaving that area all together.  It's uncomfortable the 1st few days but that will pass.  I gave upshaving that area for about a week.  I also made sure I washed with Ivory soap.  It makes a difference.  I also made sure that I only wore 100% cotton underwear & I used a combination of Balmex & Daily Care which are diaper creams.  It made a protecive barrier.  Each time I used the restroom, I cleaned with UNSCENTED hypoallergenic baby wipes made for sensitive skin.  These things protected against further inflamation (inflammation) from things such as simply using the bathroom.  Monistat is powerful stuff & it sounds like you may be allergic.  There are alternatives to yeast infection creams such as a 1 time pill (used to be called Diflucan) that your doctor can call in for you the next time you think you have a yeast infection, this will save you from another chemical burn.  These things often heal for some women quickly and others, it takes weeks.  Keep your bath/lotion/etc., for the moment unscented & hypoallergenic.  Don't rinse your undies out in rosewater or perfumed water.  Try the Balmex or any A&D Ointment type of diaper cream for maybe a week or so.  If you do not receive relief then call the doctor and get a 2nd opinion.  But yes, it IS very scary--especially if you have had no experience with this sort of thing before.  It will be okay, hang in there.  And, you also might (just for a while) switch your laundry soap to Dreft.  It cleared up my problem as well as my little brother's jock itch LOL!  I am not a doctor but I can tell you that from having that same experience (several times and for several different reasons) that the above mentioned things did work for me and yes, it can take some time to heal!  Don't worry.  Relax.  It will get better soon. :)  
That has actually happned to me when I was about 14.  It's not going to kill you, the remedy I used was Neosporin with pain for the razor bumps on the outside.  If you are not better within a week (maintaining you have not allowed anything to enter the vulva area, save a maxipad) then go back to see your doctor.  He hsould have prescribed an anti-inflamitory & anti-itch/pain cream for you.
It has been like 2 weeks and now I have like this rash that is only on the outside of my vigina (vagina) lips like around where the hair starts at. I'm so scared I have some bad infection. How can this have lasted for 2 weeks already and not gotten better?
I went to the health clinic again and the Dr. there told me it still just looks like a skin irritation. So I picked up some diaper rash ointment called Triple Paste today and some unscented Huggies Natural baby wipes and I'm going to give it a go. I swear if this isn't gone in a week I'm probably going to loose my mind. I have switched to unscented laundry detergent as well and bought some Aveno body wash, just n case some of my scented body wash was getting down there by accident. Hope it works...
Hey, I am going through the exact same thing. Did it heal ok? Any advice? I'm very worried!