Reactive Follicular Lymphoid Hyperplasia or Missed Diagnosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi, I am an active 39yr old female with MS and Asthma. For the past 6 months I have been having shortness of breath, itching,
nightsweats, a low grade fever daily ranging from 97 to 100, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes and a resent MRI shows 3nodules in
my thyroid. A CBC showed that my RBC are low but I have a normal hemoglobin. A resent Lymph node biopsy of the neck showed that I have (Reactive Follicular Lymphoid Hyperplasia) with no malignancy. It also shows that my CD4 and CD8 T cell ratio on the flow cytometry is elevated. Also the lymph node was 0.9 x 0.7 x 0.5 cm in size. The surgeon stated that it was "maybe"  a reaction from a surgery I had in May and that "maybe" all my symptons would go away in a couple of months. The only problem with that is I had the swollen lymph nodes in Jan, or Feb and that is I few months before May. The surgery in May was due to an auto accident where I had had a fusion in the C4 thru C7 region In Oct of 2003. I know that several of my symptons could be due to my current illnesses but I am still concerned about the symptons I can't explain away. I also had a Thyroid Function test that came back normal. My mother had breast cancer, a sister had a brain tumor, my dad has prostate and colon cancer and there is a history of thyroid problems in my family, example: mother had a goiter and my sister has problems that hasn't been diagnosed. I hope I explaned everything well and I also thank you for taking time to respond. Sincerely, Sue
The trouble is that this (Womens forum) is a patient to patient forum--there are no associated physicians with this forum.  You can try the Family Practice forum, where for a small fee, a physician will try to answer your question.

He can make suggestions, but obviously can't render a diagnosis.  

Good luck with everything.