Really bad smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Really bad smell

Before I used to have a smell in my vagina it wasn't that bad of  a smell and I have heard that little bit of smell is sort of normal, but now I have this really awful smell.  Me and my boyfriend don't have sex anymore, because i just don't feel comfortable.  How can I get rid of this horrible smell??
Tags: smell, Vagina
caprylic acid, or somethign called yeast cleanse from the health food store vitamin section. Boric acid suppositories are supposed to work, you have to go to a compunding pharmacy for that.  It is a pH balance issue, most likely you are too acidic,,, Or the GYN can give you a RX for something
very bad smell fom my vagina an i contnnue to go to doctor and it is not going away
Ive had this same problem since meeting my present partner 2 years ago! Since we started sleeping together i noticed some very bad smells coming from down there, which got especially bad for a few days after we had sex. We've both been std tested so i knew that wasn't the cause. It was so bad i could smell it through my clothes and was so paranoid about people being able to smell me! I found washing and showering more just didn't help so i tried this: Buy some Natural Probiotic Yoghurt ( i bought Asda's own low fat one ) then first thing in the morning, dip a tampon into the yoghurt, making sure its well covered with it then insert it into your vagina, any excess just rub it over the outside area of your vagina. Leave it in for 5 hours then take it out and repeat the process immediately. I did this for a full day and the smell completely vanished, it was great and such a sense of relief!!! I was smell free for a good few days but then we had sex again and the smell came back, so i definitely agree that some mens sperm can interfere with the ph of a womens vagina. Ive been doing the yoghurt thing the day after we have sex for a few weeks now and would definitely recommend it.  Its just a pain having to do it everytime after we have sex, however we dont live together so thankfully we only tend to have sex once every week or 2! Although we did do it a few days ago and i didn't have any yoghurt so didn't do it that day so the smell has come back but its not nearly as bad as it was before i started doing this, so give it a try and see if it works for you!
Had same prob went to Dr - recurrent BV due to our chemistry doesn't go well together(my fiancé & myself). They said there was nothing I could do but, to use a condom - out of the question for me I hate them & we are monogamous, so their isn't a need & I flat out refuse. After much online research & trying many things I found a miracle - simply douche with equal parts hydrogen proxide & water after intercourse (everytime) & I also occasionally use the tampon dipped in yogurt just to reintroduce healthy bacteria back into my vagina. I haven't had any odor since & I've been using this method for over a year now. Also, all of my pap smears & exams have been perfectly normal. I only leave the yogurt tampon in for 2 hours. I know this will help you & any other woman who tries it.