Really long yeast infection?
Hi. I had a yeast infection before leaving college (about four weeks ago), and I went to the doctors to get a pill for it, took the pill (I was on my period), and after my period was over I still had it. So I took the seven day monostat and I STILL had it after that. So I went to the doctors and they gave me another dyflucan pill and even though it's gotten better, I think I still have it... I mean I get random itchyness, and some white-ish discharge (when I was putting the yeast infection outer cream on, I'd get a sort of water light brown/pink discharge ?)

Should I be worried? Is this not a yeast infection? I've had sex before with a single partner and no condom, and I doubt he would cheat on me. I've gotten tested for STD's before and I didn't have any.

The last time I had a yeast infection it was really hard to get rid of as well and I had to take a prescription cream for it-- but I mean it's been like 4 weeks that I have this thing and I'm starting to get paranoid.

I still think it's yeast, but I don't know if it's normal for it to last this long. What should I do? Just take the three day monostat? (I heard the 7 day is kind of diluted a bit?), or should I ask the doctor for something prescription or what?
It is possible that you have a resistant strain and may need something stronger. did the doctors test you to make sure it is a yeast infection? i suffer from frequent yeast infections and had to start taking grape seed extract every night to help prevent them..even with that i still got one 3 months ago and it last about 2 months. My doctor didnt test me he just sent me on my way...but planned parenthood did and give me duclifan and it helped me but they told me next time i have a bad one to try boric acid