Really long yeast infection?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Really long yeast infection?

Hi. I had a yeast infection before leaving college (about four weeks ago), and I went to the doctors to get a pill for it, took the pill (I was on my period), and after my period was over I still had it. So I took the seven day monostat and I STILL had it after that. So I went to the doctors and they gave me another dyflucan pill and even though it's gotten better, I think I still have it... I mean I get random itchyness, and some white-ish discharge (when I was putting the yeast infection outer cream on, I'd get a sort of water light brown/pink discharge ?)

Should I be worried? Is this not a yeast infection? I've had sex before with a single partner and no condom, and I doubt he would cheat on me. I've gotten tested for STD's before and I didn't have any.

The last time I had a yeast infection it was really hard to get rid of as well and I had to take a prescription cream for it-- but I mean it's been like 4 weeks that I have this thing and I'm starting to get paranoid.

I still think it's yeast, but I don't know if it's normal for it to last this long. What should I do? Just take the three day monostat? (I heard the 7 day is kind of diluted a bit?), or should I ask the doctor for something prescription or what?
It is possible that you have a resistant strain and may need something stronger. did the doctors test you to make sure it is a yeast infection? i suffer from frequent yeast infections and had to start taking grape seed extract every night to help prevent them..even with that i still got one 3 months ago and it last about 2 months. My doctor didnt test me he just sent me on my way...but planned parenthood did and give me duclifan and it helped me but they told me next time i have a bad one to try boric acid
DiamondA added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
LandM2009 Cd1 and we are back on trac... Comment
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals