Aa
A
A
Close
Red and Extremely Itchy Above/Below belly button after Tubal Ligation
I had my tubes tied nine days ago, and while most pain and discomfort has gone away i've now developed an EXTREMELY itchy and red, i guess, rash right above but mostly below my belly button.. it is almost to the point that its painful because its so tender. I know I should contact my Dr. but its now the weekend and don't want to cause a stir if its perhaps not a big deal. I'm wondering if it is an allergic reaction or perhaps a sign of infection. Any ideas?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Since you had the tubal ligation 9 years ago, so it does not look like an infection but can be due to skin causes or an allergic reaction. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
740516 tn?1360946086
Blank
AppleBr Girls not eating properly f... Comment
1 hr ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank