Red itchy vagina...with peeling?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Red itchy vagina...with peeling?

A day before I started my period last week, my vagina started itching. I just ignored it at first and continued on with my period wearing pads. Although I have just recently moved to Japan and the weather here is very humid. So throughout my period my vagina was extremely itchy and I could resist and started scratching every now and then. Now my mom just came to visit me recently and told me I have a yeast infection. The one thing that worries me is that the area that is red and itchy is also peeling. I've started using a cream for yeast infection since two days ago, but I am unsure is peeling is natural when having a yeast infection...if that is what I have.

Please help, first time to have something like this.
Avatar n tn
I have problems with random skin flaking and persistent yeast infections.  I went to the gyno a month ago for skin flaking.  I had external and internal yeast (despite the fact that I was having no white thick discharge).  He prescribed me a steriod and yeast cream to apply externally and a yeast suppository to take care of the internal yeast.  Go to the gyno.  I have had skin flaking before and the over the counter stuff did nothing for me.  He tested me for herpes (which came up negative - I knew I did not have herpes) and sent me on my way with the scripts.
Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals