Red painful rash/burn tanning in a bronzing bed??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

7834861?1333645568
I've been tanning for prom and after tanning in a bronzing bed several hours later I started hurting on my side. I looked at my side and notice a red rash or burn spot the size of a baseball. It was painful not itchy but hurt. I took some IB for pain and put some cream on the area for the inflammation and went to bed. Got up this morning and the pain has stopped and the spot is all red. Doesn't itch or hurt it's just on my skin and ugly. Has anyone ever had symtoms (symptoms) like this after tanning? The funny thing is it's on my side where you never can get tanned enough in a tanning bed. I cleaned the bed before I got in it. Didn't use any tanning lotions either. Next week I'm getting a spray tan for prom and staying out of the beds all together.
This looks like a superficial burn caused by tanning. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the information. The spot has cleared up and is gone. It must have been like you said a burn from the tanning bed. My skin is fair so it makes sense. It was just a funny place to be on my side under my arm.

Thanks again!!
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
AnnieBrooke away July 25 afternoon to J... Comment
Des_a_rae commented on Saw the babies again ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals