Reddish Brown discharge?
Im 12 years old almost 13 in a couple days and i have been having a dark reddish brown discharge for several days now. I do not have my period yet and have not been feeling any cramps that might be the start of my period. I have had this before maybe a couple months ago . i asked my older sister what it was and she thought i was starting my period but it never happened. then the reddish brown discharge stopped and i started getting it again several days ago. im worried what it is. Does anyone know what this is and have you had this before too? is it normal? thanks.
It does sound like how a period starts.  Your description could be the twin of how I would have described my periods coming on, and I was also 12.  I didn't have cramps, either, but did have some lower-waist soreness, like muscle soreness, by about the third time it happened.  (You might be expecting cramps to be more dramatic than they are at first.)  The light amount (such that it seems like discharge instead of a flow) is probably because you're not shedding a lot of endometrium this early, the lining of your uterus needs to build up enough to slough off, and in the first few periods it might not build up very much.  The darker color might have to do with the saying "brown blood is old blood," meaning it's held a little while inside the uterus before it leaves.  But it all does sound like early periods.  They aren't totally regular, and they aren't very acute.  Use pads and pantiliners, and wait and see.  You can also chart when it happens, so you can see how many weeks it is between periods.  This way you can sort of know when to begin to expect the next one.