Reoccuring lesions around the anus and folds of uvula
Okay I have no idea what this is. Often I get these long lesions in the folds of the uvula and/or around the anus area. They are sore to touch, kind of like a small cut. They are not blisters, there is not a rash. It doesn't occur after sexual intercourse, although sexual intercourse does provoke them. I do not have any STD's as I have two children and have been throughly checked. This is why I am so confused by these "lesions"???? They are sore to touch when washing or even stretching of the area. It is so hard to explain what they look like....kind of like scratchs! I have disregarded them for a long time...but they seem to be more and more uncomfortable. I guess I'm just tired of feeling them....
Any suggestions anyone?
ok I know you will not want to hear this but, I have the same thing and it is a form of herpies. It is not the sexly transmitted kind, but it is a form of it. I went to the ER and thats what they told me.
During an outbreak go to the doctor even the ER--it may be caused by stress or even symptoms or some sort of infection.
I have heard that if your significate other has course pubic hair it could cause a scratch like esspecially if you are going it doggy style.  If this is the case, I would have him trim or even shave for the next couple of months and see if anything changes.  Hope things get more comfortable.
Look into vaginal fissures. Sometimes they are due to hormonal irregularities or reactions to laundry detergent and the like.  I would strongly recommend seeing a dermatologist. There are a lot of things that can happen to our tender parts that are not related to stds.
I agree, see a doctor within the first twenty four hours of an outbreak.  They will be able to give you an accurate diagnosis.  Don't delay.
Hi I have exactly the same however, I was told it is a mild infection and not to wash with anything or use powder, except mild soap and water, keep area dry after bath or shower and reduce sugary foods, including sweets, jam, cakes and the like.
I was also prescribed rectagel!
I am going to try and start and see how I get on!
They are called fissures.  I have had them on and off and dont know the cause of them either.  Only mine is followed by a vaginal discharge and inflammation in the vagina.  I have been tested for everything and everything came back normal.  My gyn had no idea what is wrong with me and we are still in the process of figuring things out.  You are not alone with the fissures.
Hi I seem to have the same problem on and off for about a year now. I am married and have been tested at least a million times for stds, I have never had anything come back postitive. I was wondering if you ever found anything else out about these open sores that appear almost like scratches??
Anal lesions can also be symptomatic of Ulcerative Colitis. If you have lesions in your colon, which can be seen thru colonoscopy, then they can extend outside the colon around the anus. You may also have them in your mouth or your stomach (as aphthous ulcers or gastric ulcers). This is the condition I have and I have these lesions throughout my digestive pathway from beginning to end. For the pain and to help heal the anal lesions, use DermaHealth's Perineal Cleanser every time you wipe. It is much more soothing and painless than dry tissue, and it keeps the area clean because the product is an antiseptic, which will help facilitate healing. No burning, no rinsing, EXCELLENT hygiene product. I use it every day, lesions or no lesions, every time I use the restroom, and just whenever I want to feel extra clean, especially in summer. It is sold on Walmart's Web site (no longer in stores).