SHARP PAIN IN ABDOMEN

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

SHARP PAIN IN ABDOMEN

I hope someone can help me. Ive been having a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen for about a week now. It is not there all the time but comes and goes and does not last very long. I also had it on the other side a few days ago. I have noticed that it seems to get worse after I have had something to eat. Im not sure whether this could be irritable bowel syndrome as I am more vulnerable to this as I have pcos. Im also not sure if it could be appendicitus or not, but i feel no pain when i press down hard in that area and the pain is not constantly there. Its more like a shooting pain that comes and goes and i seem to experience it more when i lie down and usually in the mornings when i wake up. I have been doing alot of exercise lately and I have had the pain since I started so I dont know if it has anything to do with that. I Hope someone can give me some advice.
Thank you for your time.

x
Hi Beth.  I'm sorry your going through this.  I've experienced what I deemed to be ovary pain from time to time.  Whether that is what it is, I don't know; but, I describle it to feel like a sharp shooting pain on one side (where the ovary is located) and sometimes switches to the other.  Now, in my case, I've noticed it tends to worsen if I'm constipated and is relieved or alleviated when I have consistant good bowl movements.

It would not be a bad idea to just at least go have it checked out.  The doctor would be able to help alleviate any concerns you may have and give you the right treatment if it is necessary.

Blessings and Pleasant thoughts to you.