SHARP PAIN ON LEFT SIDE JUST ABOVE THE GROIN AREA
I HAD SHARP PAIN ON LEFT SIDE JUST ABOVE THE GROIN AREA...TWICE TODAY (ONLY TIMES) I HAD TO STOP WHAT I WAS DOING JUST TO GRIT MY TEETH AND BARE THE PAIN.THE PAIN LASTED FOR ABOUT A LITTLE LESS THEN A MINET....AND I DONT HAVE HEALTH INS AT THIS TIME?
So----What did you find out?  Did it go away by itself?  I have the same problem and would welcome an answer---
I was having similar issues only on my right side and went to my OBGYN and had ultrasound done to look for ovarian cysts. They didn't find anything, she then told me that ALL sharp pain that comes on suddenly and goes away quickly is intestinal. Basically IBS or gas pain. People under estimate gas pains, many people actually go to the ER just to find out their pain is being caused by gas. It makes you feel like a whimp to find out that's all it is, but it really is very painful. I am a pre-med student and I will never make my patients feel like they are whimps when they come to me complaining about gas pains!
Sometimes pains in the groin area are just simple ovulation pains. if you are about half way through your cycle that is the most likely answer.
Hi, did you ever find out what that groin pain was. I have had it on and off for 5 days. Only lasts about 15 seconds, but really bad pain, My doctor said he didnt know what it was and I cant get in for an ultrasound for 2 weeks,

Rhonda
hi i had a tah hysterectomy on the 13th aug 09 six weeks later i have started to have grion pain in my left hand side,it dont last long but i am worried,because i dont get the usally signs that i need to wee,all i get is a pain in my stomach,then i have to watch to see if i have finished,also i have on feeling in my pebic bone area it is still numb,is this normal,please help.