STD and VAGINAL ODOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

STD and VAGINAL ODOR

Hi. I am a 24 year old female who was sexually involved
with a man for 2-3 months. I feared pregnancy so the
only sex we had was anal sex. (THIS IS VERY EMBARRASSING)
Anyways, about a month after breaking up with him,
I noticed some itching in the anal area  but did not
pay much mention. About 7-8 months later, I was bathing
and noticed 2-3 tiny bumps in the anal area. I still
was clueless so I ignored this. About 5 months later,
I noticed an increase and spread of bumps, intense itching
and burning at times during urination. At this point, I
realized that I had contracted an STD. Having no insurance
and terribly embarrassed I have yet to go to a doc.
My question is, I am now experiencing a terrible vaginal
odor and discharge unlike anything I have ever experienced
so strong that I must bathe twice a day and change underwear
numerous times as well as changing panty liners.
I am not involved and refuse to date anyone due to this because
it's so humiliating and embarrassing. I am convinced I have
genital warts. Is the odor in relation to the warts? I have only
been with 3 men sexually and almost always USE CONDOMS except
a few times with the guy mentioned above. I am terrified that
if I don't get treatment it will keep spreading and there
will be nothing I can do--and this will bring a lot of distress
when I am in a committed relationship again. Please advise me
what I should do.
Thanks,
Embarrassed and humiliated.

PS TO ALL WHO READ THIS ESPECIALLY WOMEN, PLEASE EVEN IF IT IS EMBARRASSING
ASK YOUR BOYFRIEND OR PARTNER TO GET TESTED BEFORE MOVING INTO ANY SEXUAL
ACTIVITY WITH OR WITHOUT PROTECTION. THE GUY I WAS WITH HAD NO SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS BUT
HE PASSED IT ONTO ME. ALSO, I HAVE READ THAT IT's MUCH EASIER FOR A WOMAN TO CONTRACT
ESPECIALLY GENITAL WARTS THAN MEN AND PEOPLE CAN CARRY THE VIRUS
FOR YEARS WITH NO SYMPTOMS.  THEY MAY FEEL INSULTED, BUT IF THEY DO
OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT. I NEVER DREAMED I WOULD CATCH AN STD..
I AM A VERY ATTRACTIVE YOUNG WOMAN WHO IS TOO EMBARRASSED TO DATE ANYONE
DUE TO WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. I WISH I WOULD HAVE DEMANDED HE GET TESTED.
NOW I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE THOUGHT OF TELLING SOMEONE DEAR TO ME,
I HAVE GENITAL WARTS. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU--it may not be genital warts
but could be something deadly like AIDS. FYI>
Okay, so if I read correctly you have not seen a doctor yet.  Therefore, how do you KNOW you have an STD?  Red itchy burning bumps on  your anus could be hemmoroids (hemorrhoids).  Without getting tested for STDs then you might be jumping the gun a little.

As far as your vaginal problem, it could be something as simple as(comparativly speaking with an STD) vaginitis.  That can be treated easily.

However, WITHOUT A DOUBT, you MUST MUST MUST see a doctor.  I know this must be terribly embarrasing for you, however, doctors see this day in and day out year after year after year.  It's NO BIG DEAL to them.  Without insurance you can go to your local county health department for little or no cost.
Def go to the doctor!  There's no reason to be embarrassed or have to tell anyone but the doctor!  You need to find out what it is so it can be treated.  Its nothing they havent seen b4 Im sure!  Take care of yourself!  Good Luck
Definitely suck it up and get in to a doctor ASAP - they've seen it all anyway.  Your health is worth being a little embarrassed!  Also, if it some kind of STD it can possibly affect your fertility.  Please get in ASAP and let us know how you are!!!! Take care!!!
Not sure about the anal bumps, but I had a HORRIBLE smelling odor coming from my vagina once.  I went to the doctor and it turned out to be bacterial vaginosis, which was super easy to treat with RX suppositories for 7 days.  Just go to the doctor, they see this stuff all the time!
I agree wholeheartedly with everyone before me.  GET TO A DOCTOR AND LET THEM DIAGNOSE YOU!

But I want to comment on a few things you stated.

First of all, if you didn't have vaginal sex with this guy, the vaginal smell is not due to an STD acquired from him....vaginally, anyway.  You could have picked up an STD in your anus, like gonorrhea, syphillis (syphilis), herpes, etc..but those would not cause vaginal odor.

Secondly, genital warts do not cause any kind of smell!  They look just like warts, cauliflower in appearance, and I don't believe they itch or burn.

My third comment is that men cannot be tested for HPV (the virus that causes genital warts). So, unless he actually had warts at one time or another, and was diagnosed by a doctor, there's no way to test him for it.

I think you might jut have bacterial vaginosis, which causes vaginal odor, but is not an STD.  It's just an imbalance of your normal vaginal flora.    

But get to a doctor as soon as you can.  The female reproductive organs are very sensitive and extremely important.  And your doctor will not care where you were taking it.  They've heard it all!

Hopes this helps..and best wishes to you!
hey,gurl ive been were you are and it took me 3 months to go to the doctor,and come to find out it was bacterial infection. I've been with only 3 men too, and i was scared so good luck and get to the doctor fast ast don't wait any longer.
Sweet heart... see a damn doctor. STD's can cause you to be sterile and some can possibly kill you. Genital Warts? Really... did you know that if you have ever had a wart anywhere on the body it could turn into genital warts? Big deal... Bumps on your anus could be razor bumps, infected hair folicles, hemroids... A number of things. There are places you can go with little or no charge. Do some research and stop being stupid.

MommaDemon