Scar Tissue after breast reduction, does this cause pain
I had a breast reduction surgery about four years ago.  I just recently began to feel one of my breast sentative and painful.  I have examined my self but don't feel any lumps, but I am worry that I my have breast cancer.  I was told that it might be scar tissue but I just don't know.  Can anyone tell me if this is what could be happening to me?
Wondering if you found a solution, as I have the same symptoms as you, and no direction for help. Please advise if you have any advice at all.
Glad that I found someone who is having Cortisone shot...I had a breast reduction and liposuction in Dec/11 I am very happy with the size BUT I have lots of hard scar tissue..They gave me 2 shots of cortisone and Now my monthly period started after 15 years of not having my menstruation...I am not to sure what to do anymore...Any one with that problem??
hAD A BREAST REDUCTION 3 YEARS AGO - WAS VERY PLEASED WITH EXCEPT THEIR WAS 1 SCARE UNDER MY LEFT BREAST.  AS TIME HAS GONE ON I HAVE HAD PAIN IN MY LEFT BREAST THAT RADIATES INTO MY ARM AND NECK...MY BROTHER DIED AT 50 WITH A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK AND MY DAD AT 82 WITH HEART DISEASE -- WITH THAT BEING SAID I HAVE BEEN SCARED TO DEATH THAT IT HAS BEEN MY HEART AND NOT MY BREAST - HAD IT CHECKED OUT BY A HEART DOCTOR - HAD ALL TESTS DONE AND ALL CAME OUT O.K. THAT GOD...BUT STILL HAVING THESE TERRIBLE PAINS IN MY LEFT BREAST.  I WENT BACK TO MY PLASTIC SURGEON AND HE GAVE ME CORDIZONE  SHOTS - HELPED FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND THEN AGAIN THE PAIN - WENT BACK AGAIN AND HE GAVE ME ANOTHER SHOT AND TOLD ME THAT IT WAS SCAR TISSUE AND PROBABLY HITTING A NERVE....NO ONE EVER TOLD ABOUT THIS BEFORE...I HAVE REALLY BEEN SCARED TO DEATH THAT IT STILL WAS MY HEART UNTIL I READ THIS WEB SITE...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ALL FOR SHARING YOUR STORIES, BECAUSE I WAS REALLY STARTING TO THINK I WAS NUTS...NOW MY ONLY FEAR IS THAT HE WANTS TO REMOVE THE SCAR TISSUE  AND WHAT IF IT MAKES IT WORSE...
HAS ANYONE HAD IT REMOVED AND WAS IT SUCCESSFUL...THIS IS REALLY WEARING ON ME....
I had my breast reduction in 2004 and at first it was an instant relief, but I was left with a lot of scare tissue. Soon about two years later I have begin to have back,chest, and breast pains. I live on ibuprophen, I need a solution
Now that this much time has passed, are you still having the described pain?  When I read your question, I completely related.  Sounds like I have gone through the very same thing.   Please update me on your status.
I had a breast reduction May 2009. For the first year I expected to have some pain while healing. My sharp pains have never gone away. I would get sharp pains, radiating pains, contracting pains, itchness, just sitting, driving, even laying in bed. I went back to my surgeon, told me I am experiencing the pains from keliod scaring I have. He injected steriod into my scars, they did flatten out some but still continue to have the pains. I went back for my follow up he told me about a light treatment used to help with the pain of the scars and will lighten the scarring. Sounded great to me. I was informed of just a little bit of swelling after but would go away. After my first light treatment I was burned and it left me with discoloration in my areola. I went back to my doctor upset with the discoloration, and still having the pain. He told me that he could not guarentee my color in my areola to return. I did not have another treatment because I was afraid of losing more color to my areola and a chance of the pain never going away. He left me feeling that there was no other options for me. I pain comes and goes, sometimes I feel like throwing up because of the pain. If anyone has any information on a cure for this I am interested. And I advise not to have a light treatment done. If any of your scars look like mine you are already self consious don't do anything else to draw more attention to your scars.
I had breast reduction in 2006.  My left breast has a constant itch. Has anyone had this before. What is it?
HI, I HAD MY BREAST REDUCTION IN NOV.2011. SO FAR I'VE EXPERIENCE NUMB,KELOID,ITCHING,SHARP PAINS NOW AND THEN.I ALSO HAVE A SMALL LUMP IN MY LEFT BREAST. I HAD A ULTRA SOUND  DONE ON IT AND THE RESULTS WAS .WELL, IT COULD BE SCAR TISSUE OR FLUID SACKS OR POCKET BUT IT IS NOT CANCER. NOW, I DIDNT HAVE ANY DRAINAGE TUBES .HOWEVER, I WENT FROM A SIZE J TO A  c CUP. I HAD ALMOST 8LBS REMOVED. WHAT IM NOT UNDERSTANDING IS BEFORE THE SURGERY I WEIGHED 181LB AND AFTER THE SURGERY I REMAINED 181LB. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 8LB I LOST? OH I FOR GOT I HAD A LITTLE SCAR UNDER MY RIGHT BREAST.. THE BOTTOM LINE IS A CAN LIVE WITH THIS LITTLE DISCOMFORT. I AM HAPPY AND THANKFUL.
This is the most exciting things I have seen in years!

I had breast reduction surgery July 2000.  Twelve pounds total removed from both breasts.

Eleven years later, I am sufferring from breast, shoulder and arm pain.  Horrible pains.  I have had ultrasounds and mammograms, chest xrays, back xrays, shoulder xrays, ct scan.  All to rule out cancer.  Information all points back to scar tissue from the breast reduction.

The physician who performed the surgery advised that it is scar tissue with trapped nerves.  Surgery will not guarantee correction, but can cause more scarring.

I cannot say I would not have had surgery if I had known.  I think if I were better prepared, I would not have suffered so much when the pains started and refuse to go away.

I am happy that persons embarking on this journey will now have resources not available to me so many years ago.
Wow, so glad I found this thread. I feel supported and comforted by everyone's stories. I had breast surgery back in 1992 when I was in my mid-20s. It all went well, and I LOVED the results. I still have no regrets. Yes, skin scarring, numbness, and itching, but all that was expected. It's only been over the past at least 4 years, however (not really sure exactly when it started), that I have started to feel pain, starting in lumps I've found on the outside of the breast near the armpit (a very scary place to find lumps with regard to cancer BTW) and very recently, not in or even near my breasts at all - but rather on the sides of my chest cavity, but more toward my back. The pain there can now be extreme.

I do believe all this must be related to internal scarring and nerves. I hypothesize 2 other causes: 1) the actual mammograms I have had to check for cancer. A pain so excruciating in one exam I had a few years back HAD to have caused tissue damage. It was so painful that I am terrified of ever doing it again, though I know I have to. I wish there were a better C detection method. 2) Weight gain and poor diet. I have gained so much weight in recent years that my breast are starting approaching the size the used to be! Surely the increased number of fat cells must be imposing on my breast tissue! The fact that I am older and scar tissue has had time to harden further must also be related.

It's funny - I've been able to deal with the pains here and there in various spots of my breasts, but now that it's spread to almost my back area, it's more intense and harder to withstand. How strange that it would be there? If it hadn't been a gradual process I would never have associated it with my breasts. Reading everyone's previous posts confirms it. Feels like a really severe deep internal bruise that comes on and off and sometimes pulsates. I also get it in the shoulder area.

I'm going to work hard on staying on a whole foods vegan diet (lots of raw) and lose a lot of weight. I don't really support BIG Pharma much, so will avoid any meds. Will try to remember to report back with any positive results. You know, I really don't think the medical community knew anything of long term effects. The procedure hasn't existed for so long, after all!
I am currently experiencing the same type of pain in my right breast. My plastic surgeon recently pasted away within the last year so I don't really know what to do to get this fixed this mostly happens after I have been wearing a bra and go to lay down, I can't lay on my back with out it hurting and when I lay down you can see the lump that underlies the right breast. Has anyone found an answer to this problem other than pain medication??
I received my lift 8.12.09, I have experienced throbbing, sharp shocks in my right breast. I was so scared to get a mammo, I have had 2 since and they both were clear. My surgeon said that almost every woman who has a lift/reduction will experience some degree of scar tissue. I was a 32DDD now a 32D. The best advice I can give for occasional swelling, heat is Scarguard. It is a silicone that immediately clears the heat and is great for scarring. The key to relieving pain is constant massage. MASSAGE often, especially during menstrual flow when breast become engorge. A partner can do this for you or ask for a professional massage for breast surgery, they are the best. I massage anytime I feel the sharp pains and it subsides. I shutter the thought of going under the knife again and realized its not worth it. Surgery was the best thing that ever happen to me as I was a saggy 32DDD that made it to an F during pregnacy! My procedure went under the muscle, no implant bt Dr lasered a "shelf" to adhere new tissues to prevent future sagging. MASSAGE often not just post suregery, all the tie! Good Luck Ladies, great forum!
I am also glad I found this site and know I am not alone. I had my BR 15 months ago and overall am happy with the smaller breasts and it has helped my back pain a lot.  I still have a painful hard spot on my left breast near the aerola.  I had a mammogram within the last 6 months and everything was fine. But, I still worry about it because it feels strange and sometimes it is quite painful.  It feels like over time, it has gotten smaller. My surgeon tells me not to worry, but I do.  Does the scar tissue eventually go away?  Even my husband is a bit concerned. Also, I still have a hard time wearing a wire bra. Thanks.
hi,i want to know if you went through with the breast reduction,if you have had any pain & if you gave up smoking,its now 18 months since you posted this.
hi, i have had my breast reduction done abuot 5 years ago on November 11. I have pain in my breast especially in the cold. But the pain compared to having the large breast is well worth it and i would do it 100 times over if i had a chance or had to again. The recovery isnt that bad, but you are sore for quite a while. I had 12 pounds of tissue cut off, so it was a big deal!!! I hope you will decide the right thing for you...only you know this. GOd bless!
Try using Arnica Gel - it works to reduce pain very quickly
I'm glad I came across this websit, I had a breast reduction suergery twice and I feel great. I feel some pain from time to time but its much better than having very large breast.  
Phantom pains - absolutely!!!  See an energy practitioner to balance the energies, something like post op soft tissue trauma release or Etascan treatments, even Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners might be able to help. Dr's concentrate only on the physical body (that is what they are trained for) and we are energy bodies as well and energy ALWAYS remain so it needs to be balanced after it has been disturbed.  I just had it done after my breast reduction and it really has helped.  I am planning to carry on with it and also take something like Neurobion to assist nerve healing, until I am comfortable.  Interestingly it would appear to often be the left hand side - which represents our feminine energy whereas the right hand side is our masculine energy.  We are a lot more complicated than we realize and often miss the most important things because it is not tangible.  Good luck.
Phantom pains - absolutely!!!  See an energy practitioner to balance the energies, something like post op soft tissue trauma release or etascan treatments, even traditional chinese medicine practitioners might be able to help. Dr's concentrate only on the physical body and we are energy bodies and energy ALWAYS remain so it needs to be balanced after it has been disturbed.  I just had it done after my breast reduction and it really has helped.  I am planning to carry on with it and also take something like Neurobion to assist nerve healing, until I am comfortable.  Interestingly it would appear to often be the left hand side - which represents our feminine energy whereas the right hand side is our masculine energy.  We are a lot more complicated than we realise and often miss the most important things because it is not tangible.  Good luck.
I am so sorry to hear that so many are having such a hard time since breast reduction surgery. I had breast reduction surgery about 18-24 months ago. I went back for revisions twice, most recently 6 months ago. My external scarring looks great! I get occasion sharp chest pains, shoulder pain and my nipples are sensitive most of the time. However I was blessed in that my discomfort is very doable without any medications. You are all in my prayers.
Had some scar tissue but didnt have any pain or  issues. Its now 2011 and just felt this really hard lump on the top side of my right breast, so painful . I have sonogram and mammogram scheduled for jan 12th but is just praying for relief. The lump feels like a bullet. Am praying for a miracle and hope its not cancer
I had breast reductiom about 17 yrs ago, Had some scar tissue but didnt have any pain or  issues. Its now 2011 and just felt this really hard lump on the top side of my right breast, so painful . I have sonogram and mammogram scheduled for jan 12th but is just praying for relief. The lump feels like a bullet. Am praying for a miracle and hope its not cancer
I had a neuroma(s) which is not very common in a breast reduction.  It is more common with breast cancer patients who have breast reconstruction. I had the neuroma in my left breast.  They are very painful.  My plastic surgeon acted surpised when I told him. He thought it was just scar tissue.  I suffered needlessly for about a year.  I learned that neuromas can get embedded in scar tissue. It was another doctor who told me about this condition.  I had a cortisone shot and local anesthetics to treat the pain.  So far, it is working. I am also taking Neurontin.  If you ever feel discomfort, don't wait, see a Pain Specialist.  I suffered so much to get my left breast closer to normal.  I don't know if will ever be 100% normal, but it is much better than it was thanks to my Pain Specialist.  I sometimes regret having this breast reduction because of all the pain and suffering I went through.  I had to miss work a lot because of all the doctor visits to get this resolved.  I also had to pay for this surgery because my insurance company would not cover it.  It was a tax write-off though.  If you decide to get a breast reduction, get referrals from friends if you can.  I think I should have done more research before I picked my plastic surgeon.  I can't help but wonder if this happened due to his negligence.  I know there is always a risk to any surgery, but I just wonder.  
Hi ladies! I too had a breast reduction. I had mine probably about 11 years ago. I too have been experiencing breast pain, soreness and itching in my right breast. I have not experienced any of the chest or back pains that some of you guys have been experiencing. I have complained about the pain to my doctor and was sent to have a mammogram on several occasions and have been told each time that I have a lot of scar tissue in that right breast. However, the pain is so aggravating at times especially when its that time of the month. I guess the good news out of all this is that all my mammograms have come back with good news.
OMG, I've tried to explain this pain to many people and they just look at me like I have 5 heads!!! I had a breast reduction 16 years and ever since then I would periodically have the MOST EXTREME EXCRUCIATING PAIN in my both of my nipples, they would become hard enough to break glass, and a piercing throbbing pain would remain until I could get some sort of heat applied directly to them. I think my problem is a tiny bit different then the others I've read but the similarity of the pain is very the same! The surgeon who did my reduction is now in Hollywood, I actually saw her on an info-mercial one night!!! Any suggestions??? Or must I just suffer the rest of my life
Have you tried Neurontin?It seems to help me.Gabapentin is the generic name.I ahve "wings"and alot of scar tissue.
I had a reduction about 5 years ago.I sometimes feel as if small fish hooks are being pulled through my nipples or perhaps pain shoots through the areolar region quickly and intermittently throughout the day for about 4 days around  the time I used to have menstruations.( I am after menopause).I WAS warned there would be shooting pains and that most women will have some.Some worse than others.Gabapentin works very well for some of us.
Dear dee,
I have a feeling my reply is late. You sound just like me 8 years ago. I had painful, burning feeling breasts. OBGYN laughed at me, as no cysts, mammo fine, asked if I wanted male hormones....a moron....this went on for a year. Suddenly, my nipple, which was partially inverted (Yeah, Doc was REAL bad) and became blood red. No imaging tests showed this cancer. NONE. (I demanded to see a breast surgeon after doc suggesteted pagents or inflammatory) Surgical biopsie showed cancer in nipple, tissue and skin...6 mos. extensive chemo THEN mastectomy/tram flap. Chemo needed "Proadjuvunt" (before surgery) as no time to heal from surgery, cancer could have traveled anywhere. Please, if not already, heed this advice and get to a good onclologist immediately. I'm on here currentyl as 8 years after my mastectomy and lift/reduction of other breast I'm feeling the pain again....this time in the lifted breast nipple. I tried to ignore it but it's getting worse and worse....this familiar pain...I see dr. Friday....I'm very nervous...don't want this now beautiful breast all cut up and scarred like the rest of me to find the "C" if it's there...I wasted to much time worrying it would come back...now I'm ready to live life again and this happens...lesson...live everyday in gratitude for all you have...don't wait to accomplish something, do it now...don't let others take your good energy...I Pray to God it's not too late for me...God Bless.
I know how you ladies are feeling I had a breast reduction in 1988. In the past two years I have had extreme left breast pain near the areas where the underwire lays. I have had multiple mammograms and kltrasounds and they keep telling me it is " thickening". Still scared but waiting for more results from smaller compression mammogram. The other suggestion was perimenopause causing tissue changes...
I had a breast reduction in 1985.I had no problems for 20 years.Then the bottom fell out. I began having abcesses that were excrutiating. I am seeing a sugeon who treats the abcesses with Flagyl and Levaquin. the problem is reoccuring. It came down to my having surgery to remove scar tissue. My breast was cut in half. He left it open bc it was healing outside in and leaving a pocket that would bcome infected. I went thru 6 months nof home health having to pack the breast. It healed and I have been pain and infection free since.I am suffering now with the left breast. I missed my mammogram last year and my doctor chewed me out. He keeps telling me that the scar tissue can turn into cancer. I am having a mammogram on Wednsday and am dreading it bc I am having those sharp shooting pains deep inside of my breast.I am hoping to have this breast reduced like the right one.Ladies it helps to have the scar tissue surgically removed. Ask your doctor about the possibility of leaving the breast open and having it packed to promote its healing from the inside out
My wife is in pain from not wearing proper bras for 20 plus yrs. and wants liposuction and breast augmentation due to breast migration.lm   worried that what im reading now will happen...has anybody had this done and had a good outcome
I have had my breast reduction almost one year ago and I have always felt more pain in my left breast. I thought that it was because I was healing but now almost a year later it seems to be worse. It is consistently sensitive and sore and gets sharp pains often. I am not sure what it is but I am glad that I'm not the only one. I am going to make an appointment with my surgeon and will comment again with the results.
This is exactly what is happening to me now ! What did you find out?
Same thing is happening to me. Its been 20 years since my breast reduction surgery. I turned 50 this year and just this month noticed a red sore spot under my right breast causing me a lot of pain. I saw my OB/Gun who said it didn't appear to be anything more than a cyst so no treatment was ordered except for a loooong overdue mammogram. To my surprise my mammogram had shown mircocalcifications along the scar tissue under my right breast.  I return for a spot mammogram tomorrow (3 days later than first mammogram) I am so nervous now and in I in excurating pain under both breast (right along the scar tissue area) and across my back.  Anyone have any advice?
I had a reduction by a well known plastic surgeon... first she tried to do it with lipo....that didn't take enough out... went back and had it done the other way, cut and paste.. which was far less painful! bottom line, it has been nearly 9 yrs now and the pain underneath each breast from the lipo never went away...there are hard painful lumps there.. I went back to her 3 times and she said I just needed to rub them out.. I rubbed for several years! have given up... she told me could not do another surgery to remove the scar tissue as it would cause other scar tissue! DO NOT DO LIPO!
Bra's are excruicating...! any one know one that feels halfway comfortable... I am 69 and cannot run due to back but I do need to wear a bra just to go around in or when I freelance as a makeup artist, any help appreciated.. tired of pain pills and neurotin and drugs.. had way too much of all this.. has anyone gotten these lumps removed by 2nd surgery?
I just had a breast lift 4 months ago initially the nipples were fine (slightly numb)... then 2 weeks post=op hypersensitive.... 4 months on my nipples remain hypersensitive and sometimes swollen sore to touch .. and look like they retain fluidy bits beneath the areola... in uneven areas.. I get the occasional lightening-like shots in the breasts.. but more the nipple area... I'm worried about the fluidly puffy bits under the areola... I had it done o'seas... my GP says give it a year :/ but it gets in the way of intimacy...
I found this site... its great http://www.cosmeticsurgeryforums.com/scar_treatments.htm#Difference_Between_Hypertrophic_and_Keloid_Scarring
I had a breast reduction in 98.  I was a DD or possibly DDD before surgery and although I wanted to be a C cup was more of a D.  Although I was thrilled initially with the smaller size overall I was not satisfied with the outcome.  

At the time I had the surgery I was so desperate to be smaller and not have the weight of my heavy breasts that I decided on the first doctor that I had a consultation with.  He seemed nice enough and was very excited about his work but soon it became obvious that he had a habit of running in and out of the exam room and not really taking the time to allow you to relax and and ease into the consultation and think of all the questions that you had.

I felt rushed and just did not feel comfortable but went ahead anyway and planned the surgery.  The day of the surgery I was excited to finally be rid of this weight.  He comes in and starts of calling me by the wrong name.  Common sense would tell you that this might be the time to cancel the operation and get out of there as fast as one could but again I corrected him and hoped for the best.

Once I was in the op room being prepped the doctor came in and introduced someone that was going to be present in the OR with us.  I cant remember her title but she seemed young and I assumed that she would be observing during the procedure.

The surgery went without a hitch but upon waking as I was looking down my body at my new boobs I was disappointed that my left breast was still larger than my right.  ( I had stressed to the Dr that I wanted even breasts because I was always so unhappy with the larger and heavier left side).  When I mentioned this to the doctor he said that it would improve as the breasts adjusted to their new size and if not he could do a revision in office.

Also my nipples we still large as he did not minimize them to suit the new breast size so being that my left nipple was larger before it was larger on a smaller breast.  I also mentioned to him that I wanted to be much smaller that I was.  He stated that because of the lollipop cut that I did he was not able to take more.  He stated that he took about 200grams.  To this day I do not know if that is per breast or both. It certainly does not feel like per breast.

Eventually it dawned on me that the young lady that was in the OP room with us was "allowed" to practice on me.  The difference in the workmanship on the 2 was completely different.  When I mentioned this to the doctor at the follow up he didn't say anything.  I spent the night in the overnight suite and the Dr. was great in that he was there with me all night himself assisting me to the bathroom when I had to vomit giving me pain killers ect.

I have to admit that I was so green and ignorant about any surgical procedures or protocols  when one is having any work done that I kind of let too many things slide.  In all fairness I believe that the Dr. was a skilled surgeon but because I did not know how to get my needs met by him and communicate exactly what my expectations were it made for a less that satisfactory experience.

Looking at my breasts as time went on I had to admit that the breast on the right that the Dr. himself had done was would have been perfect if not for the fact that the breast was larger than I wanted it to be and that the areola was a bit larger than it should have been.  The breast on the left however is the one that I had problems with.  As others have mentions I had INTENSE itching and pain to the touch in that breast for years.  It the itching would drive me out of my mind sometimes it was so bad.  To this day I have pain if the nipple/areola is squeezed and there is not much sensation in the breast at all.  I believe that  is from an unskilled person working on me and damaging (permanently I'm pretty sure) nerves.  Not to mention that now it hangs a good inch lower than my right nipple and has the look of a bullet shape as the nipple is always puffy and distended looking because too much tissue sits in the nipple areola and I think this may be one of  the reasons that I have no feeling but pain or discomfort in this breast when touched....

Let me interject right here that I was ok with the smaller breasts for a little while because even though they were not small enough to satisfy what I wanted for myself they were still lighter and somewhat smaller (not as long) until I got pregnant in 2002.  Now they are just as heavy and seem to be just as long as they were the first time and since then I have been very unhappy with my breasts and I want so badly to try it again and I am sure one day I will.

This brings me to something that I think may help others who have been suffering with scar tissue and the nerves bundled up within scar tissue( this is something that I think I had because I had an area under my left areola that drove me craze with deep intense itching and hearing people here describe it has convinced me that this was my problem).  It was to the point that I thought that something was left inside that breast because the itching was locating deep within my breast in one spot and when I tried to massage it for relief it made it worse.  It itched so bad that I had to just pat it and clench my teeth until that horrid itch subsided.

So this year I found out about and enzyme called Serrapeptase.  It is the enzyme that a caterpillar secretes that eats through the chrysalis so the newly formed butterfly can break free.  I took it because I have high blood pressure and it is excellent for clearing out the veins and arteries of plaque, eating away at scar and dead tissue in the body and a host of other things.

I took a bottle of 90 caps until gone and only recently realized that I no longer have that deep itch in that area or that feeling that something is left inside my breast.  To massage that area does not bring on the painful unbearable itch that it used to and Im pretty sure that the serrapeptase has helped with this as I have had this problem since the surgery in 98 until now.

My plan is to get more of it and use it for a longer period of time and get rid of any other remaining scar tissue within my body.  Maybe this is something that others may consider that will help with the suffering.  I only wish I had known about this many years ago I would have taken it immediately after surgery.

Even with all of that I would still do it again.  In fact when I am able financially to do it again I will in a heartbeat only this time I will be a much more informed and educated patient and I will make sure to get exactly what I want.  What I want is not unreasonable just symmetry, b/c cup size and minimal scarring and post op problems.

Sorry for the long post but this is the first time in 15 yrs since my surgery that I told anyone my full experience and I feel so relieved just to vent how unhappy my first experience at a breast reduction was.  It also makes me realize that I can still get the results I so badly wanted the first time with planning and really doing my homework this time.
I had breast surgery and ended up with scaring that left me very conscious of what I wear. After 6 months of using the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum faithfully everyday, I now hardly even notice them. Wonderful silky feeling with no greasy feeling.
I had breast reduction surgery in 1998 and have had pain in both ta tas. It becomes unbearable at times when I get cold and the nips, for lack of a better word, hard.  Does anyone else have this issue and if so how do you cope?
I have the same exact  problem as you. did you ever get any relief? #help
I have the same problem as you. did you ever get any relief? #help
I'm so glad to have found this site. I had a reduction in 2003.  To my surprise no drains were needed. Initially the recovery was quick and with very little pain, this all changed quickly. When the bandages were removed my right breast looked so different from the left breast.  I inquired to learn why there was such a significant difference. The surgeon explained that he performed the  procedure on my left breast; however his student did the procedure on the right breast.  My right breast looked like it was stitched on a sewing machine with a broken needle. sometimes when I'm lifting or getting out of bed I will have very sharp pains.  It's difficult to lift my right arm straight into the arm because I can feel the strain in the area where the stitches were (something is pulling too tight).  My breast feel hard in places on some days and other days no issues. In 2009 I had screening done which revealed only scar tissue. If I could go back in time I would just deal with the size DD breast.  Twelve year later and I still have pain and I'm constantly telling myself it will turn to cancer.
ME! and I am @*$@ about that as well. They tend to not explain that when you have the surgery. Also, the skin at the t intersection is very thin, the scar tissue that is. So thin it looks like it can injure easily. I am older than most women who get this, so I am having remorse.
I'm having the same issues, did you ever find help?
Having come on to this site for similar and in some cases identical reasons, I am comforted to know that I am not the only one to experience this which makes me feel that this is relatively normal for a minority of women after surgery...painful and worrying but normal. These reassuring comments are the difference between me sleeping tonight or staying awake worrying about my appointment tomorrow. Thank you every one x
I had breast reduction  two months ago, and my right breast tissue is slipping uncomfortably underneath the scar creating two creases. The surgeon asked me which breast hung lower right before surgery. I told him the right. Now I have a breast crease scar on the right higher than it should be. Coincidence?

It's been 9 weeks, and I can still only sleep on my back due to hard, painful breasts.  

At this point in time, I would not recommend breast reduction surgery.
Hello,  I have a similar problem with my left breast.  I have a lot of scar tissue on both breasts.  It's awful to live with.  I am thinking if going and getting them redone.  
I had breast reduction about 4 years ago . I have ad one previous mama gram . But had one on Friday, and my left breast is very itchy- hurting. The technical person pressed down abit harder ( painful) on my left side then right.  Can anyone tell me why it's so uncomfortable? Maybe it damaged the scare tissue?
9 years after breast reduction severe chronic pain under right arm pit.  9 years & counting!  Severe!  Family dr says adhesions.  Original sugeon claimed "you had that before surgery" & walked out of exam room. Arm movement makes worse.  God only knows why He doesn't stop pain.  I can't live like this.