Women's Health Community
Scraping severe pain in pelvic area that goes away and moves to rib cag...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scraping severe pain in pelvic area that goes away and moves to rib cage area

I'm a 19 year old female. I have had similar gastro intestinal problems in the past and no one has been able to tell me what is wrong.
Last night around dinner time I started to get a sharp severe almost scraping pain in my lower abdomen where my pelvis begins. I took two tums for the heck of it and of course it did nothing. I went to bed and woke up with the pain still there. Through out the day it went away a little to where it was barely noticeable. This afternoon it came back with a sharp, burning, scraping pain under where my rib cage is to where it meets my upper abdomen and there is a dull pain everywhere else in the abdomen. I don't know how serious this is or what I should do but the pain is pretty substantial. It seems to have a "wave' like motion its gets very intense then becomes a little less and gets intense again.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Not a doctor, just LPN... are you sexually active? abdominal pain is hard to diagnose without test done. If the pain continues please go see your doctor.
so he can exam you... maybe do upper GI some blood work.... or go to your gyn doctor.  I asked if you were sexually active some std can cause pain if gone undiagnosed. but usually they asymptomatic.  15 yrs back I had similar pain and it was my appendix.  So, please go get checked ok. Pain is not normal and it's your body telling you something is wrong.  let me know..
Blank
yes I am sexually active, but have been monogamous with the same person for 3 years...so I feel that is unlikely
Blank
I have a dr. appt tomorrow for an annual exam, I plan to bring this up then. I just wanted to know if it was something that should be treated as an emergency.
Blank
If you are in severe pain then please go to the ER.  No fever? chills?
is this something that became acute... sudden onset??
Blank
last night sudden onset that became worse over a couple hours....today it was sudden and intense and hasnt stopped yet. feel very bloated like i just ate at a buffet but i barely ate.
Blank
it's severe but not unbearable.
Blank
now it has moved to my right side/back under my rib cage. I'm thinking gallstones for some reason.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank