Seroma after c-section

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Seroma after c-section

After my 3rd c-section I was informed by my attending ob/gyn that appendages had formed inside my abdominal area.  They were cut before the c-section was performed.  A day later I noticed swelling of my genital area.  I complained and was reassured it will go away.  A week later I had intense throbbing of my genital area and felt like a large sac in between my legs.  I went back to the emergency room and winded up having emergency seroma drainage surgery.  What does the c-section incision have to do with my genital area?  I was left open like a carved up turkey afterward.
Abdominal surgeries creates trauma and disturb fat cells.This, along with old blood in the area and irrigation fluid from the surgery, causes the body to produce excess body fluid. This collection in the wound is called seroma.Gravity pulls it downward, unfortunately for you it went into the genital area.How long has it been since the surgery?
It has been almost two years since the surgery.  There is numbness in the area and the surgical incision area instead of looking like a scar above the skin looks as if it caved inward creating a valley looking area in the middle of the incision.
specialmom Little League Opening Day i... Comment
Shannon79, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
MamaBirdRhonda took care of injured and or... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals