Severe Vaginal burning after sex.
For four years now, I've been having an issue with vaginal burning after sex.  I've been to my doctor countless times about it and she isn't doing much.  After having a pap smear done, it came out that I had bacterial vaginosis.  After taking the gel insert meds for the five or six days, the intense discharge smell went away.  But about a week after that I went to visit my boyfriend (he is clean) and about the day after we had sex the first time over that visit, the burning started again.

Overview
- I have sex with my boyfriend and urinate right away afterwards.  The next day I'll eat a few cranberry tablets.  (The juice is too acidic for my system.)

- I don't have a UTI.  (I've gone through that test about ten times now.)  This is not vulva burning or urinary tract burning.  However, it burns in the vaginal area after I urinate and feels as though it continues to the inside of my vagina.  It is extremely painful.  Pressure and heat sometimes helps.

- It only happenes after I have sex.  The extreme milking that happenes during sex produces a huge amount of discharge from my vagina.  I asked my boyfriend if that was normal and he said that it was.  (The past partners he had been with were no different.)

- I have a feeling it has something to do with the high constant amount of discharge I've had all of my life.  Ever since I was little the high amount of discharge was normal.  But now, I've become alergic to it somehow.

I'm 20 years old and can't have a normal sex life with my partner.  My doctor tells me to practice abstinence.  Why should I do that?

Help!  Thanks. :)
I dont know what to tell you but im having this horriblw pain right now. Its been two dayz now...i had rough sex saturday morning and after, I was fine. And later that day I got my period to so this whole situation *****. It hurts to pee, sometimes. Ive been drinking a lot of water, it hurts when I dont pee too. From what everyone is saying, it seems I might have a tear of some sort? This burning needs to stop, I usually get uti after everytime I have sex but this is worst and it seems my vagina is swollen in a way. How long does this last for? And wat should I do?
HELLO LADYS. I SEEM TO BE HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM. EVERYTIME AFTER SEX MY VAGINA FEELS SWOLLEN AND I HAVE THIS INSTENSE BURNING THAT FEELS LIKE ITS COMING FROM INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE. MY DOCTOR DID A PAP AND SOME OTHER EXAMS BUT WHILE WE WAITED FOR THE RESULTS HE PRESCRIBED METRONIDAZOLE. IT CURES BACTERIA. ITS HELPED ME SO FAR BUT ILL FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON WHEN I GO BACK TO THE DOCS OFFICE. I'VE ALSO READ THAT ITS SUPPOSE TO CURE TRICHOMONIASIS WICH IS AN STI AND FROM WHAT I'VE READ IT HAS A LOT OF SIMILAR SYMPTOMS TO WHAT I'M HAVING! ITS ALSO SUPPOSE TO CURE BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS WHICH ALSO HAS SIMILAR THINGS. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY DOCTOR TO MAKE SURE OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE!
I think im the first person to have went to the doctor and actually got my questions answered. iv been having sex with my boyfriend since i was 15 years old(now 22). He is the only guy i have ever been with and he is clean and so am I. When we first started having sex i didnt have the burnuig after sex. Then it came and went. (Keep in mind, for the ones complaining of discharge, a funny smell, or itching.. this post doesnt pertain to you. go get checked) For those just complaining about burning directly after sex; my doctor told me ROUGH sex can cause this as well. That explains why it only happens sometimes. Now it all makes sence, and i now appaud my decsision to stay true to ONE partner. Im happy and can relax now.
Hope there is more like me out there!
I TRULY BELIEVE ITS AN INFECTION THAT COMES FROM A MAN AND THAT IT IS ONE THAT IS NOT DETECTABLE BY TESTS BECAUSE IT IS ONE NOT DISCOVERED YET AND THERE MUST BE MORE RESEARCH DONE. IT MAY BE RELATED TO SOMETHING SIMILAR TO HPV WHICH HAS MANY UNKNOWNS ABOUT IT. DOCTORS BLOW IT OFF BECAUSE THEY ARENT FAMILIAR AND DONT BELIEVE IT CAN BE SOMETHING THAT ISNT ALREADY DISCOVERED. ONE CASE ABOVE DESCRIBES A CYST BEING REMOVED AND I STRONGLY BELIEVE WHATEVER IT IS THAT A MAN TRANSMITS TO A WOMAN IS SOMETHING THAT CAN CAUSE CYSTS OR CANCEROUS CELLS IN A WOMAN.
THE FACT THAT WOMAN THINK ITS BETTER BECAUSE THEY CHANGED THEIR DIET IT SOOOO NOT TRUE. IT MAY REDUCE PAIN SINCE DIETS BUILD UP ARE IMMUNE SYSTEM BUT IT IS DEFINITELY BECAUSE THE INFECTIOUS PARTNER NO LONGER EXISTS NOT A NEW DIET!
ITS UNIQUE BECAUSE THIS WOULD LEAD ONE TO BELIEVE THAT THE INFECTION MAY NOT BE AS EASILY PASSED ON TO A MALE FROM A FEMALE BUT THE INFECTED MALE'S INFECTION IMMEDIATELY OVERWHELMS THE WOMAN AND PERHAPS DEPENDING ON HER IMMUNE SYSTEM WILL QUICKY HEAL IT SELF FROM THE BURNING BUT THE WOMAN ISNT HEALED FROM THE INTERIOR DAMAGE IT WILL SLOWLY DEVELOP!

I AM SOOO CERTAIN THIS IS A NEW INFECTION THAT NEEDS ATTN BECAUSE FOR A WOMAN IT CAN GET SERIOUS, PERHAPS A UNIQUE STRAIN OF HPV??

p.s when there are other symptons involved like discharge of any type it is simply the common std and you need antibiotics. SO IGNORE THOSE OFTEN INACCURATE, ESPECIALLY AT FREE CLINICS IN MY AREA AT LEAST, TEST RESULTS. I HAVE LEARNED TOO OFTEN THEY ARE NOT OFTEN CORRECT AT ALL. ALL THIS MUMBO JUMBO ABOUT ALLERGIC AND DIETS AND YOUR PARTNER BEING CLEAN IS B.S.!!! THEY JUST DONT HAVE TESTS TO SHOW YOU THAT YOUR MALE PARTNER HAS A UNIQUE STD THAT AFFECTS YOU EVERY TIME BECAUSE OF HIS BACTERIA /VIRUS/ etc.

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE FOCUS AND RESEARCH ON THE POSSIBILITY OF A NEW SPREAD !
ps.s. THERE ARE MANY ON HERE THAT ARE NOT AS SMART TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHERS WHO HAVE GENUINE COMPLAINTS SUCH AS THE ONES WHO TRULY HAVE ALLERGIES AND WRONGLY JUMPED ON THE WRONG FORUM! YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM OF THIS SO READ MORE CAREFULLY. MY COMMENT ARE FOR THE ONES WHO HAVE BURNING ON THEIR LIPS OF VAGINA MORE FROM SEX NOT ANYTHING ELSE. THEN IT HURTS FOR A BIT MORE. THE PERSON WHO SAID IT HELPS TO HAVE AN ORGASM 1st THEN SEX IS VERY ACCURATE AND THAT PERSON IN IN THE RIGHT FORUM. SO THOSE OF YOU READING MY COMMENTS THIKING I AM WRONG, YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN THE WRONG FORUM - YOU ACTUALLY DO JUST HAVE AN ALLERGY PERHAPS BUT YOURE IN THE WRONG FORUM THIS FORUM IS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THIS MYSTERIOUS DISEASE!
So it sounds like to me that you may either be allergic to the condoms ( if you are using condoms) or you could easily be allergic to his sperm
I heard that some women are allergic to mens semen. Have ur partner control his *** and to pull it out just in time. I have this problem and this has worked for me.  If he cums inside of me then I get that burning, swelling and discomfort but if he doesn't *** inside my vagina, all is well. Try this. I hope it works for u.
I now have the same problem.  Never had it in my life before with any other partner.  As soon as i began having sex w/my current boyfriend i always had weird itching, burning pain.  Mine was better w/condoms so this should help all of u see if this is your problem.  After having this for 7 months it finally came to light that I had Herpes ll.  The doctors can't say for sure he gave it to me but they believe that my body was fighting the exposure (sex) all that time but just couldn't do it anymore.  So mine is better when there is no  skin to skin contact and now that i am on acyclovir  ( an antiviral) it is considerably better but still there somewhat probably because my boyfriend is not on acyclovir.  I was also tested for std's many times but doctors dont routinely test for herepes.  The only way to test is if there are sores present or a blood test that can come back negative even if the virus is dormant in your body, so doctors dont bother.  So there was no way to know what was going on had my body continued to fight off an outbreak.  All I can tell you is that I felt like I had burning, itching, stinging and a feeling my skin was cracked.  come to find out this is common amongst people who have hsv ll but no sores.  Hope this helps but i know it's not good news.  sorry people.
ITS NOT AN ALLERGY ITS MOST LIKELY HERPES OR A UNIQUE STRAIN OF HPV. ONE OF THE GIRLS ABOVE WENT TO A SMART DOCTOR WHO FIGURED IT OUT.

FOR THOSE THAT CLAIM IT AN ALLERGY - GO HAVE SEX WITH ANOTHER GUY WHO IS CLEAN AND IT MAY LIKELY NOT BURN ............THE MALE CARRIER SEEMS TO CAUSE THE BURNING.
I THINK I AM A MALE CARRIER BUT THE DOCTORS (AT FREE CLINIC) TEST ME AND SAY NOTHING IS WRONG BUT EACH TIME I HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX MY PARTNER WILL COMPLAIN OF BURNING ...SOME OF LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN BUT I THINK IT MAY BE MORE IN THE CERVIX .....

PEOPLE THINKING ITS AN ALLERGY ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE VERY FEW SEX PARTNERS (GOOD FOR YOU! ) BUT YOU MAY NOT WANT TO ADMIT YOUR PARTNER DOESNT HAVE/HAD SO MANY PARTNERS.....ITS MORE LIKELY THAT YOUR PARTNER HAS/HAD MORE PARTNERS THAN YOU THINK! ITS NOT ALLERGIES. DOCTORS DO IGNORE IT TOO OFTEN AS SOMEONE SAID IN THIS THREAD - IF THEY PAY ATTN THEY MIGHT COME UP WITH CURE!
I also had this problem for years.  All STD tests negative, started having it halfway through a 6 year relationship with my boyfriend.  No longer with that boyfriend, but having the same issue with my new boyfriend.  Burning/pain related solely to semen - i.e. if he pulled out, didn't have that reaction.  It's both relieving and scary to find that so many women have this problem.

The only thing I've been able to find that helps is I now take a calcium supplement w/ Vitamin D (like Viactiv chocolate chews) daily and that seems to decrease the symptoms by about 85 - 90%.  
I also had this problem for years.  All STD tests negative, started having it halfway through a 6 year relationship with my boyfriend.  No longer with that boyfriend, but having the same issue with my new boyfriend. It's both relieving and scary to find that so many women have this problem and our doctors can't figure out what it is.  

I have had this problem since I have been having sex. It is a sensitivity of the acids in the mans semen. what I have learned to do was take a shower immediately after washing down there with anti bacterial soap...and then I doush with only water to bring the fluid down..I also lubricate my outer area with neosporin for the night... a lot of work but it keeps me from being irritated 3 or 4 days:) good luck
This burning sensation, which i think might be related to what most of these posts are about,started for me in june. most unusual thing for me because ive never had it before? always had great sex, and enjoyed it with no problems! saying that im only 18 and ive only been having sex since 16 so i might be being naive about this sorta thing but as i said ive never expierence anything like this before? its just recently i have been expierencing a sort of sharp burning sensation after sex, not during, thats all fine, its not something that starts straight away but i can kinda of see it coming you know? oh also it will sometimes happen randomly every now and then when i urinate but only sometimes. but yeah back to the point, and then during maybe even before it all gets a bit dry down there, im actually finding it hard to orgasm aswell? but i dunno whether thats a state of the mind thing as i reasearched or whether me and my partner need to start using maybe lubricant? because we dont use condoms, so my intial thought was this problem may be like friction? because it all gets a bit raw. but then yeah the second time i have sex like this will be in the same night (because lets face it everyone does it more than once at a time when your with your partner in bed) but the second time is when it will start to hurt just a bit, but its bariable im thinking thats linked to the dryness though not sure?, its just then afterwards, after we have had sex for the night, he'll of fallen asleep and il be up most the night curled up desperatly holding my lady bits in pain often crying :( most times il resort to pressing a cold flannel against my vagina, and it may sound a lil daft but ive even resorted to putting bepanthen the baby bum stuff on it! to be honest though it helps? it sooths it because thats what this symptom feels like, like it needs to be soothed. so bottomline is after reading all these posts (at yes 4 in the morning because im that worried) im a little confused as to what the problem could be :( i think im gonna rule out the idea of the pill having an effect? because its never been a problem before? im thinking maybe this whole PH level Theory? that might be it because il admit i havnt been eating as many of my fruit and veg as i should be doing and i do need to drink more water, and i do suffer from stress not on a medical level, but i will stress out about every lil thing in my life, and it has caused me to get ill before so that might be linked i think. but in addition im also thinking it might be a yeast infection, but when i research yeast infection my syptoms dont seem to completley link in with it plus im worried if i go get something like cansten duo that thing on the telly and thats not what i have is that gonna effect me? like taking medicine you dont need?
as you can tell im a very naive, young student of 18 at uni, i dont have a clue what this might be and i hope i havnt scared myself by looking on the internet for anwsers, but basically i just want peoples opioins, past expierences, advice if they have got over it, to maybe help me solve this, because basically im a young women in love with a young man who means the world to me,and im desperatly looking for an anwser, i dont want this to effect my sex life, this hasnt put me off yet im still having sex, ( dont worry im not being pressured or anything by my man) but im worried it might get worse if i dont do anything because its early days yet. so if anyone has any help or advice i would be very very grateful :) thank you.
also sorry for such the long post but i thought it better to be thorough to get as much help as i can
Take a nice warm bath after for about thirty minutes with bath soap in the water!!  Trust me only thing I found to help!!  
this might sound kind of odd but im 16 years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. we both lost out virginity with each other and have never had sex with anyone else (we'r both very open and honest with each other) Recently however i have alson been experienceing a buring sensation after we'v had sex. i get a water infection quite alot and the sensation feels alot like that. iv been drinking alot of water and eating healthy food but nothing seems to be helping. i dont really know what else to do
Anybody have any idea whats wrong with me?So ive only had sex once and that was just last sunday anyways my vagina stings really bad but he didnt stick it in all the way?So I dont know whats wrong.When I urinate it hurts so much I just wanna feel normal again...i hope its not an STD..im only 14):
Someone tell me what to do please):
hey, I also have this same problem, if i may ask. what types of diet did you switch to because I believe that this would help me too. Besides that I have other issues regarding my bad diet.
Same with me as well..just had a drs appointment no bv or anything but it stings like hell during and after sex then it feels like paper cuts around my vagina afterwards ....help sumbody ...smh what could this be and it only keeps happening with my bf and he is clean as well...
I've been experiencing the same symptoms, with regard to the burning after sex. It has been going on now for a little over a year (even though I've been with my partner for 3). No, I do not have an STD, I've told my Dr about it but she never has an answer. I think it all began after I started the Nuvaring. Honestly, I'm so sick of this burning after sex & I want to cry each time.

Is anyone else on the Nuvaring & have this problem? I'm going to quit using it this month to see if it helps. Wish me luck.
IT'S BECAUSE OF THE SPERM.  I ALWAYS HAD BURNING AFTER SEX, BUT THEN I HAD A BOYFRIEND WHO HAD A VASECTOMY.  I WAS SHOCKED THAT THE BURNING STOPPED COMPLETELY.  SO I THINK IT IS THAT OUR BODIES ARE SENSITIVE TO SPERM.
You might have a disease known as Interstitial Cystitis. It ***** and it might be a long stretch but, just check it out. Also, there might be scar tissue around your opening from previous times. And that doesn't go away. Rub a Vitamin E cream on it. The brand name is "Genes". Only put it on externally. That way when you're stretched out, the raw skin/scar tissue will be healing with the cream and I don't know if you know this or not but, once you're  stretched out a lot and you pee the pee drips against the raw skin from your vagina and that's why it burns. If you're peeing a lot that could be a result of the cystitis. Especially if it burns. If you try this and it persists, go to a Vaginal Physical Therapist. They deal with problems sexually that doctors cant. Such as fixing the raw skin and giving you exercises to fix the feeling of hurting after. I really hope this helps!

Btw~I only know so much because I'm in medical school and have many medical diseases. I'm not a **** :)
can i just point out something obvious to me. if you're scared that he might leave you if u complain about problems ur having after sex, maybe u should think about if hes the person for you. if hes only with u for sex, then tht doesnt seem like a very healthy relationship....you should think about this...
Get your doctors to check for Ureaplasma.  I'm lucky that I work with a doctor who's on a mission to find out what my symptoms are.  Constant burning but no sign of anything after vaginal swabs.  It's just a simple urine test.
Ureaplasma - it is sexually transmitted but is just the natural flora in your genital area getting a bit out of control.........treated with antibiotics.  Also wash down there with baby shampoo to ease the burning symptoms, really helps!
Hello all!
I, as well as many others, have this problem too. Three months ago, I had my son Gabriel. I have been with the same partner for nearly a year now (It'll be a year on January 5), and we have both been tested for STD's. We both came out clean. Well, my fiance and I had laid off of having intercourse for about a week (give or take). For the first time in a week(s), we had intercourse yesterday. And afterwards, I got an intense burning sensation. It feels like it's inside, but I can't really tell if it's inside of my vagina or just the opening. It happened AGAIN tonight. This hasn't happened to me before, aside from yesterday. I don't know what it could be. As I said above, we've both been tested for STD's and we both came out clean. It can't be a UTI, because when I get a UTI, my kidneys hurt real bad (which they don't now) and thats the only symptom I get. And it can't be a yeast infection, because there's no itching, smell, or discharge. It just happens after intercourse, especially after I urinate afterwards. Please help!
The past couple of weeks I have been sleeping with my boyfriend quite regulary and the past week now when i have been doing the toilet, afterwards it hurts me its like a burning, inside my vagina hurts and I can also feel slight pain in my lower abdomen. This has never happened with previous partners. When its building up to me needing a pee I'm like 'oh no' because I hate the pain afterwards. I'm trying to get appointments for the doctor but need advice please help!
I started to have sex last year, and it never stung. Then one time I got thrush, got some cream and it cleared up. But now since I had thrush, I go to have sex and it stings before I fully get the penis in, and then after sex it burns like hell, and I have a lot of discharge and like leak. I'll go to the toilet and it'll sting but about 15 minutes after it feels fine, until I have sex again. I get so upset and fustrated over it, I don't know what it is, I haven't been to see the doctor, but I'm extremely considering it, it's driving me mental, but luckily my boyfriend isn't bothered if we have sex or not. I just want to get RID. Does anyone know what this could be, and could help?!
Stop being so stupid... go get a pap test, get tested for yeast infections he may have a dirty ****, he sounds like an insensitive ******* anyways... it could be alot of things, if you want change make it happen you will find the answer if you look, also girls can get a yeast infection every month after their period ... dontchya love being a woman ??
My husband and I have faced the same problem for 3 years.  It turns out is was because of his circumcision.  Removing the foreskin removes the natural lubrication that men are meant to have.  He is restoring now by using manual stretching techniques.  Look up the book "Sex the way nature intended it."  It may be your answer.
Ur still yough im 21 n I know better hun man comes and go ur health is way more important than making him happy n unprotected sex is not the way to go u rather get Pelvic imflamory disease n him leave u cuz then sex will probably even more pain full or be healthy n hes leave u cuz u care about urself to make him wear a condom ur yough u got ur whole life ahead of u to worry bout this boy u asking for Hiv or a STD cuz honey it only takes one time I rather be healthy n alone cuz a real man would put on a condom for u cause he cares about his health n urs slow down hun sex does not make a man stay u dnt have to have sex to say u have a bf n u never had a pap smear well hope whn u do get ur first one u dnt found out u have a std cuz ur suppose to get them at age 17 n its checks for cervical cancer u got get one every yr.i hope this message find u cuz im 21 n wise beyond man yrs if a man tld me to keep him I got to have unprotected sex I would tell him im save u a trip n im walking away cuz my health is important to me n ur not gonna mess it up n im tooo smart for that n to go find him a check who is dwn for wat ever cuz im not it u have the power hunny leave him he is so not worth it  save ur self now for somebody who really loves enough to but on a condom. Before its too late make a change for ur health thanks
I am only 18 years old i have had 1 sex partner and it seems that after every time we have sex or He even fingers me i get this burning sensation and it is to the point to where i try not to go pee or i try to hold it and my lips will even burn sometimes!!!! I'm glad to know there are others like me, i don't want to go to the doctor because i honestly cant have my parents find out i have had sex....
thanks but some advice would be much appreciated
That sounds exactly like chlamydia.
This sounds like a yeast infection. Use a 7 day dose, and make sure to use all 7.
most of the stories sound like vaginismus
I have had the same problem for a couple of years now. Like many of you, I didn't have the issue when I first started having sex. It wasn't until about a year later that the problem started to occur; about the same time I started taking oral contraceptive.
I recently went online to figure out what could be causing the pain. I found a cite that had a list of things that could cause the burning and discomfort, and there was my answer...
If any of you are on oral birth control, that very well could be the cause. The estrogen levels in oral contraceptive make the tissues in your vagina and urethra thinner, and hypersensitive.
The solution could be to stop taking the pill, but I haven't wanted to do that because I don't want to risk getting pregnant- especially seeing as I'm a college student, and neither my fiance nor I can afford having a baby.

I hope this answers the question that many of you have. If I did, I'm glad that I was able to help! :)
I have something almost similar. but the discharge color is clear or whitish. i'm clean also. first thing u need to do it get a pap test n if u don't know your status get tested. (i'm scheduling my pap asap) if all is well ask your gyno if u may have an allergic reaction to semen. or Vulvodynia (look it up). it could be one of them not sure..but ask. in the meantime use condoms. The pain is not worth anything. PS: your man needs to be more understanding damn!
I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm 20 too and have the exact same symptoms that you're having. I started having the symptoms so bad that I actually (once) started peeing a little blood because of irritation. It was terribly painful! But the vaginal burning was the worst.

Turns out that the pill literally made my hormones so out of whack that it threw off the pH levels in my uterus, which affected/irritated my bladder. Also, the excess of hormones changed the pH of my urine as well, irritating it further. This was two years ago. I've never had a UTI, but was tested for it several times. Also went to a urologist, who said everything was fine. Apparently all of my symptoms were related to BV, which recurred for eight months or so, until I got off the pill.

Now, I have an IUD (inserted 8 months ago) but started having the same symptoms a few days ago :( However, I think it has to do with the fact that my boyfriend and I have lots of sex, and the pH level of semen is around 7-8, which probably upsets my (fragile) uterus. I think I have BV again :(

I hope this helps anyone reading. I'm going to see my doctor next week, because it's extremely inconvenient to have these terrible burning sensations. The only thing I can do now is apply pressure, drink water and cranberry juice, and wait it out. I'm going to get an ultrasound as well to see if I have any cysts, because it hurts during sex as well.
Sound like Trich... Sweetheart please get checked.. And regardless of him getting mad it's ur body and health protect yourself,
I have been with the same guy for 5 years.  No problems until 2 years ago.  Whenever we would have sex, I would burn and itch afterwards.  I thought he might be cheating on me.  Sure enough, he was.  Here we are 2 years later trying to work things out.  After he admitted to cheating on my, I went and got tested for EVERYTHING.  I told the doctor about the itching but everything came back clean.  It has progressively became worse.  I have a mild itch all of the time.  If I let him *** inside of me, it is horrible.  Here's the kicker though...It DOES NOT GO AWAY.  I have gone 3-4 months in terrible agony.  If I duche with plain yogurt, it gets back to the mild itching.  ANY thoughts are appreciated.  It is not a UTI, but feels like a horrible yeast infection but no more discharge than normal and no smell.  Doctors can't find anything.
I've experienced the same symptoms as many people have in this forum - burning during and after sex, frequent yeast infections and UTI's, sometimes bleeding during/after intercourse. After literally 10 years of struggle with this, I can now report that I am on the other side of this, and I would very much like to share with you what worked for me in the hopes that some of these solutions may work for you.

For treatment, after the fact: While I started out using traditional Western medicine (prescription antifungals and antibiotics), they actually stopped working for my body after only 1 or 2 rounds. Out of necessity, I turned to herbal and homeopathic treatments. Boiron Yeastaway worked amazingly well for the yeast infections, combined with a no-sugar, no alcohol diet. D-Mannose worked well for the UTI's combined with a no-alcohol diet as well. My body also responded extremely well to acupuncture for the UTIs.

Being able to treat the symptoms physically offered physiological relief, but I psychologically, I was a mess because I didn't have a clue *why* these infections kept occurring and felt completely powerless in the situation. Three different boyfriends struggled through this with me, one taking it personally, one blaming me entirely for the issue, and one accepting it completely but wondering if perhaps we had "different priorities" because I didn't seem to prioritize (painful) sex. After 10 years of this, and after finding the man of my dreams, let's just say I was highly motivated to prevent these symptoms from returning. Here's what I found:

(I'd like to preface by saying, this is what worked for me, my heart, and my body. If this doesn't resonate or you're already doing it, please keep on seeking your personal solution, because I believe its out there.)

What I needed was: love, patience, tenderness, and respect.

I've been with a LOT of partners who moved through things apparently more quickly than my body is capable of, and I always thought something was wrong with me physically or emotionally. Turns out, all I needed was a little more foreplay, time, and love. Foreplay that feels purely functional (i.e.purely to produce vaginal lubrication) doesn't (personally) get me there. And I can tell if someone's going down on me just to get me wet because they move faster and more mechanically. Loving foreplay is slower, softer, tender, and much more creative.

I've also been with a lot of partners who viewed sex as an act of pleasure for themselves, rather than as an act of love that they share, let alone give. While many, many men I've been with have valued me and my well-being, when they got going, it was clear that their top priorities were themselves, their personal pleasure, and bringing themselves to climax. In some ways, this is understandable, because the physical sensations can be quite consuming. But sex is a shared act, for mutual benefit. A man who genuinely prioritizes mutual benefit can focus through his personal pleasure and attune to you, your needs, your desires, and your heart.

I recently have had the opportunity to experience sex with a man for whom sex is an act of shared, mutual love. He is deeply attentive to me, my body, and my heart. Because of his attentiveness, I feel safe with him. Feeling safe softens my body and helps me lubricate much more fluidly. My current partner also spends ample time (and I mean like 30 minutes) loving me before vaginal intercourse is even up for contemplation. He does this a) for my own pleasure's sake, and b) to help ensure my body is well revved up before going in any deeper. When things do get to that point, he always asks for permission to come inside, with no strings attached, because he regards it as an honor to enter a woman's sacred space. If I do give him the green light, he goes in suuuper slowly, with lots of love, and lots of tender patience.

While we're having sex, if things start to burn, we just add saliva or coconut oil and things are much improved. If I notice that the dryness seems to come back a lot, I check in with myself and see if I'm holistically in the mood still for sex. It's taken me some time to learn how to respect my body and stop intercourse if my body is no longer interested in it. My current partner is the one who helped me learn how to respect my body; he always wants me to stop if things feel bad, and is often more upset than I am if I report that I was in pain after we finish. He is deeply, deeply ok with me saying, "Hey, I love you, and I think we need to stop for tonight." For him, this is a sign of respect, courage and love. I love him for this.

I hope any of these ideas help you all out.... you all deserve to experience a loving, pleasurable, and deeply gratifying sex life.

With much love,
J
Hi, this was an issue for me many years ago when i was a teenager. I never said anything but it felt like knives cutting me with every glide when he and i had sex, we dated for years. No doctor saw an issue and could not explain. He and i broke up and ran into each other about 10yrs later.  Same thing and it was an unreal experience....painful. Come to find out I was allergic to his pre secretion & sperm (semen).  No partner before or after him was an issue and I never dated him again because he was the issue.  Ok, He may not understand you, tell him to do his own research b/c it's real; not to be mad but a team player. To help you through it & to not make you feel to bame.  b/c he doesn't feel any pain he may make you feel as if the issue is being over exaggerating.  Go to WWW.GYNOB.COM for good info.  Good Luck :)
Men also carry Yeast and other STD's, both of you should go to a  free heath clinic, get tested and treated at the same time. Then let you partner know that  if he's messing around with another woman; without a condom (sometimes with), this vicious cycle will continue. In my 20's I went to my gynecologist every month and he never told me, until years later, (and after his nurse hipped me to it) that I was being re- infected by my BF . That insurance card money and test fees will have you going in for services forever, thus the free clinic, who's mission is eradication of communicable disorders,  not your pocket/money/insurance allotment.
run to the doctor...u have a STD
If he would leave you over sex then is he really worth your trouble? Just saying he should love you past that and want to help you through this difficult and painful experience. I know what your going through and it *****. This just started maybe a month ago. Every time I pee after sex with my husband it burns so badly I have to take a bath but then it usually feels better until after sex again.
what u describe is ic interstitial cystitis (bladder inflammation) a bit different i know i had it had a hydrodistension done to help it
my fiance..chews and swallows his chew...yuk.  thats what caused burning for me ...with us.  even if he didnt ejaculate ...only one drop from him would set fire to my vagina.  so...if he chews tobacco...this could be the problem.
Ladies...i understand the pain and discomfort after sex...could be as simple as you are drier than normal down there...that is what vagisil helps with...you may need to consider using a lubricant for sex and see what happens.  Dryness was my problem...some of us girls just have that problem.
I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR YEARS. A FOUL SMELL AFTER SEX WEATHER I CAME IN THE WOMAN OR NOT. I STARTED USING CONDOMS WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND THERE WAS STILL A TERRIBLE SMELL AND SLIGHT INFECTION THAT WOULD LASTS DAYS SOMETIMES WEEKS. THIS WENT  ON FOR YEARS BAFFLING DOCS. EVEN WITH A CONDOM. TILL I FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!   H PYLORI !!!!! I HAD H PYLORI AND WHEN MY SALIVA MADE CONTACT WITH MY GIRLFRIENDS VAGINA IT CAUSED THE INFECTION AND FOUL ODER. YOU BOTH CAN HAVE H PYLORI. GET THE TEST ITS SIMPLE AND EASY. IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS ANSWER FOR YEARS. HOPEFULLY IT HELPS YOU GUYS AS WELL. IF YOUR PARTNER HAS H PYLORI CHANCES ARE YOU DO AS WELL. YOUR SALIVA OR HIS WILL CAUSE THE INFECTION. TRY SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM AND ZERO SALIVA FROM EITHER OF YOU. BAM!!!