Severe Vaginal burning after sex.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Severe Vaginal burning after sex.

For four years now, I've been having an issue with vaginal burning after sex.  I've been to my doctor countless times about it and she isn't doing much.  After having a pap smear done, it came out that I had bacterial vaginosis.  After taking the gel insert meds for the five or six days, the intense discharge smell went away.  But about a week after that I went to visit my boyfriend (he is clean) and about the day after we had sex the first time over that visit, the burning started again.

Overview
- I have sex with my boyfriend and urinate right away afterwards.  The next day I'll eat a few cranberry tablets.  (The juice is too acidic for my system.)

- I don't have a UTI.  (I've gone through that test about ten times now.)  This is not vulva burning or urinary tract burning.  However, it burns in the vaginal area after I urinate and feels as though it continues to the inside of my vagina.  It is extremely painful.  Pressure and heat sometimes helps.

- It only happenes after I have sex.  The extreme milking that happenes during sex produces a huge amount of discharge from my vagina.  I asked my boyfriend if that was normal and he said that it was.  (The past partners he had been with were no different.)

- I have a feeling it has something to do with the high constant amount of discharge I've had all of my life.  Ever since I was little the high amount of discharge was normal.  But now, I've become alergic (allergic) to it somehow.

I'm 20 years old and can't have a normal sex life with my partner.  My doctor tells me to practice abstinence.  Why should I do that?

Help!  Thanks. :)
Have you been tested for yeast infection or candida?
Everything was checked for in my Pap smear test.  And the two sexual partners that I've ever had (the second one is my current boyfriend) were and still are both clean.  And neither of them have been complaining about any problems of any sort.  I don't know what else to do except go see a urologist.
They usually don't test for yeast in a normal pap, unless you specify.  Did the doctor go over your lab results with you?  A urologist may help.. but let me say I have been to over 8 doctors in the last year.. and my advice is don't believe everything they say.  Make sure you have "data" and a legitimate reason to believe what they tell you.

Keep looking...
Do you use condoms?  Some women are allergic to latex.  You might want to try a different type of condom and see if that helps.  Good luck!!
HI!
I have had similar problems for years. There was no infection and change of condoms never helped my problem.
BUT.... recently I just happened to temporarily change my diet and I noticed that I had NO burning AT ALL during or after sex.
I do have a different partner though, so that may have something to do with it, but I have a feeling it is the DIET.
Basically, I cut down on carbs and ate much more healthy food- salads, veggies, lean meat/seafood, and decreased junk food, chips, soda. And an increase in HYDRATION with alot of water everyday.
I think the ph balance may have something to do with all of this.
A more alkaline system is actually better for most bodily systems.
Perhaps you can test it. See if it makes a difference.

Good luck!!
I have severe vaginal burning that gets worse in the heat! I have had this problem for two years now. no one seem to be able to help me. I have changed my diet, i have tried anti-yeast medication, I have been tested for StD's, Ive done it all. I can't have sex, I can't use condoms, I don't know what to do anymore. HELP!
I have just found out that you can be allergic to proteins in a man's sperm also known as human seminal plasma protein hypersensitivity (SPH). Look it up and get as much info before going to the doctor and asking him.
I feel your pain- literally.  I have had the EXACT same problem for 2 years now, and I hate it!  I have seen a couple of different doctors, been tested for STI's, UTI's, yeast and even herpes.  My pap is consistently normal, and they basically told me that there is not really anything they could do.  I'm so frustrated!  It's gotten to the point where I hardly ever want to have sex, and when I do have sex, I don't enjoy it because I keep thinking about how badly I'm going to hurt after.  This had never happened with my sexual partners in the past, so I don't know what it could be.  This had caused me a lot of stress, pain and doctors visits.  I almost wish it were an STI so I could just take the medication and be done with it!  It is comforting to know that there are other women experiencing this, because none of my friends have had it happen to them.  Let me know if you ever find the cure.
Hi I really need to fix this problem as its wrecking my relationship!
PLEASE HELP!!!...

First of all im 18.. i have been sexually active since i was 15 i have slept with 3 people one being my boyfriend (now) of 1yr.. i am on the birth control pill i have been for since i was 16. In about september/ October of 2006 it started to hurt after sex, My vaginal lips woud get swollen and quite tender, and a bit red, we used to have sex once a day tho this changed to twice a week.. I skipped my period for 2 months in november and december. In between those two months i started to get really itchy down below, stinging a bit, a swallen vagina and really watery discharge with occasional cheesey lumps it was a creamy light yellowy/ greeny colour it was really painful and irritating.. i told my mum and she said it might be thrush and to get canasten cream at the pharmacy.. he gave me a 6 day treatment to which i used an applicator to put the tablet like things inserted in  my vagina.. i only used 3 because it cleared up.  about a month later i started to get the same thing again so i used the other three. now its gone.. i had my first period just frinsh since the time i skkipped it.. and last night i had sex with my bf for the first time in a while and it hurt me but i didnt want to say anything because hes getting angry, and its now a day later and im still quite swollen and i have 2 tears near my vaginal opening between that and my anus.. its really tender and stings.. and afterwards i have sex it burns
Any ideas whats worng??
i am sick of not being able to have sex like i used to and enjoy it!
i have never had a papsmear
and my partner doesnt wear a condom..

i just want to be all better, i dont want him to leave me :(    PLease HELP!
PLEASE HELP!!!...

Any ideas whats worng??
i have never had a papsmear
and my partner doesnt wear a condom..

Boy do I feel your pain too!!  I too have recently had burning and itching after sex.  Usually it only lasts for a day or two but lately it seems to last for a week or more.  The main thing that freaks me out is the fact that the Dr's can't always determine what the problem might truely be.  Hence, do we really know what is wrong. Question.......does this burning and itching get worse at night for you all?  I find I am waking up a few times a night having to go and put Vagasil on.  
You need to get a pap ASAP. You should be getting them once a year at your age. Those symptoms are NOT normal and need to be treated as soon as possible. Either go see your doctor or go to a Planned Parenthood. You should ask to also be tested for UTI, yeast infection, Herpes and HIV as these are not generally included in the regular tests.

Also, if you're boyfriend is getting mad at you about this or is in anyway making you feel like you have to have sex with him or he'll leave you... you need to reconsider the type of relationship you are in. If sex has become painful and unpleasant yet you are doing it anyways to please him, this is not okay. Go to the doctor and figure out this problem before it gets worse. Even common STDs, if left untreated, can lead to infertility. USE CONDOMS!
sounds like you have a yeast infection the cause burning its usually the worst after sex. yeast infections also cause tears or rips in and around the vagina.  The rips almost look like paper cuts and sting and burn.  The best cure for yeast is to get a diflucan pill from your doctor and to cute out sweets and carbohydrates from your diet.  Probiotics also help and taking a bath with apple cider vinegar.  I have had vagina issues for years and what you have sounds just like yeast.  
I too have been experiencing severe pain after intercourse,i find it extremely painful in the mornings especially when i first urinate.  I have been to the doctor numerous times and have been given antibiotics to trat urine infections but my samples have shown no infection is present although the tablets help.  My doctor said tablets can be prescribed for use after sex, does anyne else know about this? I split with my boyfriend because i went off of sex as it was far to painful and am worried because no one else i know seems to have anything like this,,please help!!!
Like many of you, I have had intense burning after sex for years now.  However, I think I may be able to help.  I started having this problem about a year after I began having sex, and it has lasted about three years now.  I have always been with the same partner, and he has never been with anyone but me.  Both of us have had STD's ruled out.  I also am allergic to latex, so we never used condoms.  When this problem was at its worst, peeing after sex would literally knock the wind out of me.  I would rather give birth twenty more times than go through what I was going through at that point.  My midwives kept telling me I had bacterial vaginosis or yeast, yet none of the treatments that they gave me fixed the problems I was having.  I changed doctors and was able to see an amazing woman that finally gave me some help.  She told me that certain women have very sensitive PH levels, leading to this kind of problem.  She prescribed a compound called C Boric Acid and told me that if I needed to I could use it every day for the rest of my life.  I only use it once a month because insurance does not cover it and it costs about $1 a pill.  Even using it once a month things have DRAMATICALLY improved.  I can now have sex about 2-3 times a week without fearing what will happen afterwards.  I still have mild pain if I urinate directly after having sex, but peeing in the shower takes this pain away pretty much instantly.  I am so sorry to anyone who has gone through this, it is truly miserable and depressing.  I hope my advice can help someone...
I have had severe burning during and after sex and repeated UTI's.  Huge relief came to be when I started testing my PH levels.  They tend to be acidic, which I think causes the burning.  To lower the acidity, I put 1/2 tsp of baking soda in water and drink it.  Within five minutes or so it alleviates the  burning and will also kill off UTI's.  You can also take this mixture before sex to avoid the burning all together.  It's a really easy and cheap solution.  Hope this helps.
I had a problem where after sex with no condum, it would burn really bad. I also had a problem where it was itchy and a little smelly. I went to my doctor and they told me i had a STD. I had trich its not to bad but still it was an std. After my partner and I got treated, the burning itching stopped. It could be a STD or and infection and those were the only things that my doctor told me about.
i have bad burning after sex it hurts to sit, close my legs, or walk. It feels very dry and swollen and it feels like i have small bumps on the inside of my inner lips i dont know what to do it hurts so bad and i am glad that this doesnt just happen to me but i really would like it to stop  
I've been having the same problem ever since i became sexually active with my husband. I don't know if i would have the same feeling with anyone else or if it's just my husband because i was a virgin. I read on (SPH) and apparetly there is a cure. I'm definately going to check this out with my doctor. I've never heard of SPH, but now that i know i'm going to check this out. Every time my husband and i have sex it's the same feeling, i have expressed this to him and he's concerned as well. I would advise you all to go to the doctor and get checked.

Best of luck.
I have had the same problems since I started having sex.  My boyfriend of 2 years, and I have been having sex for about a year and a half and ever since, I have had this intense burning after sex.  We were both virgins, so we ruled out STD's. I've been to the drs countless times and they say that they can't find anything wrong or it could just be dryness.  We've tried lubrication and that didn't seem to help either.  When he enters me, there's a litttle bit of burning, but nothing horrible.  It's after were done that it starts to BURN!  I pee right afterwards and it feels like the wind has been knocked out of me and I literally feel like I'm going to fall off the toilet, it hurts so bad. I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.  It's deffinitely taking a toll on our relationship and it's not like I don't want sex, it's just that I'm too preoccupied by what's going to happen afterwards, it's hard to enjoy what's going on.

HELP!
Just like everyone else on here, the first time I had sex without a condom, which was about a few months ago, it burned like H*%&!! I had never had that much pain down there before in my life. It took the breath right out of me. My boyfriend had asked me for a few months up to that point to try and stop using tampons. That it's not natural to have something stopping your blood up in you. I knew he was right but tampons are so darn convenient and zero mess. I didn't want to stop using them because I work outside the home 5 days a week with children and I'm constantly moving. I explained to him how disgusting it is to sit in wet blood and it's just really uncomfortable. I put off the idea until after that first episode of sex without a condom and the intense burning sensation I had afterward. I should also mention that I have had problems in my vaginal area for a long time. I've had white lumpy curdy discharge, brown discharge, and inflammation. Sex has not been pleasant for me or my partner because I have always had inflammation.
So I decided to take my boyfriend's advice. I had bought cloth pads online a while ago from this wonderful company called manymoonsalternatives.com. I decided I would use the cloth pads instead of the store bought ones. I did this for my last period which was a month ago. I used the pads all week. It wasn't as icky as I thought it would be, it was tolerable. I did have to go to the bathroom about every hour to change my pad because I always have a fear of blood leaking through to my pants and how embarrassing that would be. But I never had a problem because of how often I changed my pad.
When my period was over my boyfriend and I had sex again, no condoms. There was CONSIDERABLY less inflammation and it DID NOT burn. I was so surprised but very glad!! I also think though that sugar plays a part in my inflammation too. I've noticed when I have more sugar in my diet there is more inflammation. So to the person who mentioned diet, diet is key. I really have to eliminate unnatural sugar from my diet.
I truly think that tampons are the cause of the burning. It causes inflammation of the vaginal wall.
I have to ask all of you who posted, how many of you use tampons??
Maybe you're like me and can't imagine not using tampons during your period. I know, I've been there. The pain of sex was enough to get me to try something new. Whatever I had to do to not have to deal with the burning after sex without a condom I was willing to do. I do not plan on going back to tampons. I bought more cloth pads and that is what I plan on using.
If you want your sex life back I challenge you to take the jump and get the cloth pads. The cost upfront will eventually payoff over time compared to buying store bought pads on a monthly basis. I recommend checking out the site www.manymoonsalternatives.com and reading their information to find out if their product is the right choice for you. I never would have imagined that it would be the right choice for me. I've told them myself that I am very happy with their product and will not go to anyone else online.
I hope you are as satisfied a customer as I am.
Good luck to burn free and itch free sex!  
cait27 i understand exactly what you are going through, i have been experiencing this uncomfortably burning ONLY after sex, feels as if i have been cut inside somehow or something. i have been sexually active with my husband for 2yrs now and ALL of a sudden i am having this issue. i have been to the female doctor, had a PAP done and everything was ok. it seems very odd to me and im starting to get EXTREMELY frustrated! please help, and suggestions will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!
hello I'm going through the same problem! I just had a baby about 2 months ago and while I was pregnant I found out I had HPV. So when me and my husband make love it freaking burns so bad! I can't enjoy it because I can already feel the pain start up and when we are done I feel like screaming. At first I figured it just hurt cause I had a csection and I was prolly just real tight down there. It kinds feels like I'm losing my virginity everytime :-( and it only last for a couple mins. anyone have any advice? I started getting this feeling after I came out pregnant. Help please I wanna make things right with my husband, we are both stressed out!!
i have been having burning right after sex it might last a day after intercourse than goes away. my husband is also having the burning right after he urinates and sometimes he goes soft while having sex?, i have been screened for std's even though we have been married for almost 9 yrs now and am free from all things. Can i get vaginitous from taking a birth control pill after not taking it for years..? and if so than can i pass that onto my husband? i took the plan b pill 4 times in one month due to finding out my husband has some sperm passing through after having a vasectamy ( i spelled that wrong sorry) I was just recently treated for a UTI and they say i still have some red blood cells in my Urine so could i have had a really bad infection and passed that on to my husband? I know its uncommon for them to get it but,  can it happen? i have no funny discharge or smell but, am a bit on the dryer side than normal! any information would be a big help
  thanks!
I am 21 and have been with about 6 different sexual partners.

Ever since high school I have had problems with chronic UTI's and only finally was I put on an antibiotic to take after having sex to prevent them.  The UTI's have for the most part stopped but the burning after sex continues.

I have never experienced the pain with any other partners out of the six of them besides my husband.  I don't know why it happens with him but it hurts and I just wish it would stop.  It's only after sex not really during or before...

I tested positive for HPV last year and it was removed.  They did a cryo freeze which is where they use a chemical to remove the outermost layer of the vaginal wall- you're not supposed to have sex for about 30 days after the operation and I seemed to be doing good for the first few times we had sex, no itching or anything.

But lately the itching has started again and the burning as well, it's kinda like... an itchy burn if that makes sense?

I have also noticed my sex drive has decreased significantly.  I used to want to have sex anywhere from 2 to 3 times a day and now I'm lucky if I'm feeling up to it once a week.  The change has only started since my husband and I got married- we didn't have sex until the wedding.

I just hate that before when I was out with random guys I was fine and now that I have found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, everything is different.  I just want us to have a normal happy sex life. I've been tested from everything from yeast infections to HIV and chlaymidea.  I talked to my doctor about it and he said it could just be dryness but we have used lubricants and it is NOT dryness.

The PH thing sounds like a possibility where would I go to have that checked?

Any help? Please
I am 17 years old and have had sex with only one person who has only been with me and is clean. i just started birth control and everything was going well until i had sex. i started to experience pain during and after sex. i felt swollen and began itching. i am itchy around my vagina and anus. what could be causing this? i want to go to the doctor but dont want my parents to know that i am sexually active. however, i want to kno what to do and what is wrong. what can i do???? help!!
what does SPH stand for
I've been having the same symptons as everyone else for years... i'll have sex and then the next day or a few days later I feel like I have a bladder infection... but I go and get tested and it's not a bladder infection.  My urologist gave me these purple pills that turn your pee blue and also a pill to take before and after sex.... Neither one really cures the problem... I am now going on 5 days of the same burning and constant feeling to urinate... I tried the baking soda thing but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions from anyone??  Should I have my PH levels tested?  

I can't take this **** anymore!!! ahhhh
Me Too! For years I have been dealing with the burning and it is getting worse. I have sex about 4 times a year ( yes u read correctly)  now and fear the pain afterwards. For the few days after sex I cannot leave my home because I am not longer in control of urination and must immediately pee after the first urge. This last time I  had sex I overdose on pain pills twice because I was in agony . Four months later the pain now is basically gone.
One Dr. gave me Flagly  the other said my walls are thinning , the cream did not help. If anyone finds a good Dr. in Florida please e mail me. I really don't think many Drs understand the intensity of the pain.
All Good Wishes  Ps I am going to try the diet advise I am desperate
           Ok I admit I didn't read every post here but I did look at the majority of them and I think I am the 1st guy to leave a comment. Here is my question.
          My wife used to complain that it would burn after we had sex. Not to the extent that some of you have complained about but unpleasant enough to not want to have sex on a daily basis. So any way time went on and for various reasons we seperated and decided to see other people. After a year and a 1/2 we got back together and she said the burning pain was there again but when we were apart she didn't experience this pain with other partners.
          So now it looks like this problem is cause strictly by me... I have no clue how to fix something I don't even know how I am causing and am curious if any women here have had the same problem (fine with one partner but burning pain with another?

Thanks in advance
It could very well be that your wife is allergic to your sperm. There is a protein on the head of every one of your soldiers that identifies your sperm as YOUR sperm. If her body is noncompliant, it will attack your sperm, raising the PH in her fluids, causing the burning sensation. My advice to you would be to take her to a Gynecologist and possibly a Urologist to have some routine checks run. Knowing where you stand is always a definite start for all health problems. Good luck man.
I was thinking of leaving a description of my symptoms, emotions, and unhappiness about the problems that I am having and all the tests that I have tried. But, having read every comment in this list, I am now more horrified than anything about the quality of medical care and research for women's health in this world.

This lack of interest, concern, and professionalism on the part of the medical "industry" is sad to say the least. My doctors and nurse practitioners (of a leading American ivy league research institution) have all admitted that little to zero research on vaginal health is done in this country. Granted, there are many other more serious illnesses to be cured, but there are also plenty of minor health conditions, especially for men, that get far more attention and money.

I urge each of you to look out for one another. Speak out for your mothers, sisters, aunts, and daughters. Open the dialogue with your doctor and others in the medical field. So little is known or understood about women's sexual health. We all deserve a healthy relationship with our loved ones.
I have had 5 sexual partners in my life. I never encountered any issues with the first two and in fact have generally had a good libido, wanting to have sex at least once a day.
For the remaining 3 relationships (including the last, my husband), I have tried to use Nuvaring (a vaginal contraceptive). Each time, after using it for a few months, I had to stop, because of the intense burning and pain inside and out of my vagina. Although the pain seemed to go away after a few months of not using it, the last two relationships ended about then. Scary to think if they were related.

So, beware of Nuvaring!

I can't believe I didn't see the trend. I can't believe I didn't talk about it to anyone. Much like one of the commenters said above, I also felt a little like the bad sex was somehow my fault. But, it's not!

Unfortunately, after being off the Nuvaring nearly a year and a half, the burning has started again. But, still no luck finding the cause after 5 doctor's visits. My husband is completely loving and understanding and we're still trying to figure out.

Best of luck to everyone. :)
I'm 18 and 21 weeks pregnant and am having similar problems. During sex it doesn't hurt but about 2-4 minutes afterwords it starts to burn from the outside of my vagina to about 4 inches in and lasts for 2-3 hours. I can't sit. I've tried every yeast infection medication and nothing works and my doctor said my test results for a yeast infection came back negative. Ive been with the same guy for 2 1/2 years and have only recently had the problem after I found out I was pregnant. I'm not allergic to latex, and don't use condoms (obviously) I've read some on the ideas and advice here but I'm not sure if anything will work in reaction to my being pregnant. Any advice?
I'm 19 and i have had sex with one person, which is my husband, and the last six months i have had vaginal burning after intercourse. It's horrible! I dont have a yeast infection, I took one of those monastat at home tests and it said i was fine, the only symptom i have is the extreme burning sensation after i have sex, I don't know whats going on i just had a pap done last month and my doctor told me everything looked good. I dont know what to do i love my husband but i cant get in the mood when i know what pain im going to be.
You all might have vulvodynia. I do too. Google it. There is help although nothing full-proof.

Hope that helps!

well this is a old blog...whatever
i have burning...just after..pretty much everything listed (except its more of burning sensation not so much itching) i went to my gyno she did all kinds of test (pap, hpv etc) nothing...she said i was maybe stress out or to dry...lube doesn't allieveate the pain...so its pretty much everything listed....BUT my HUSBAND gets the same symptoms! he get burning on his "tip" and his entire skin gets cracked and peels sometimes....
so no STD's because he has only had 1 other partner, and i was a virgin??? we are going crazy because it'll be about 1 year we've been having this problem
Hey Just thought Id let u know I have my same problem and my partner the same as your husband...His tip really burns sometimes and the skin peels. However we both have herpes simplex type 1....That coulkd be why we are more sensitive.

Even thou u were a virgin n ur partner was only with one person before u I suggest u get tested for herpes as it is sooo common. I got it from oral sex as herpes as u may be aware is the same virus as cold sores....So it doesnt matter if someone is a virgin or not but they can get herpes through oral sex.

Goodluck, I hope u dont have it, but if u do dont panick its manageable :) I thought I was gonna die and it was the end of the world, my partner and I were crying I seriously thought dying would be better, but now that I have mre information about the disease and that the symptoms are gone, Im having a normal life and its fine.

I still experience the burning sensation after sex, might be something to do with my pH balance or diet, i will try change that! I hope u sort out the burning feeling cuz I know how horrible it is!
PLEASE READ, I wish I had come across this sooner, I CAN HELP. I am 31 yrs. old & had never had a yeast infection or UTI. Dec.'07 I started having sym. of a UTI & did'nt know what it was it got so bad my organs were shutting down ( I should have been
hospitalized) anyway I realized what it was when I noticed my urine was red orange (blood).

I did not have burning my UTI was In my kidneys which hurt like hell also in my uretha not my bladder. I could barely walk infection had spread to my blood steam these infections went on for 11 mos. antibiotics would help but not get rid of them. I was also drinking a lot of cranberry juice & water. Anyway about midway through all this I got my first yeast infection & it burned like hell I wanted to scream when I peed, I found a remedy for the burning whether it is because of dryness, STD, yeast inf., whatever it is, use oragel down there or any kind of mouth soreness gel it is safe for your mouth believe me it is safe down there. Put it on right before you pee it works!!!! You can even put it inside a little ways if needed I promise it want hurt you unless you are allergic or something. For those of you who have burning during sex I'm not sure if it will irritate your man's penis or not if you put it on you so there is no burning during sex but he could try putting a small amount on him to see.

Another great thing for a longer lasting affect is Desiten diaper rash cream or some kind, but desiten works great it like oragel will also numb you & you can even put it inside a little ways. It should also help or stop  the itching for those of you who have it, as diaper rash creams are made to prevent rash also burning & itching. Don't worry about the strong smell of it, you put it on very thin & it still works, no one will smell it if you put it on fairly thin but enough to work. Wear perfume if it makes you feel better. I believe 100% this will correct some of yal's problems I read all the post here & a lot of you believe it is a PH problem dpr. rash creams are also made to keep baby's PH balanced they have a lot of yeast wearing a diaper all the time yeast is the cause of the rash.

Although you don't have dpr. rash try it, it will work for some of you just try it a couple times a day for like a week & see if the burning, itching is gone if not try it for another week if it does not correct the problem atleast you can continue to use when needed. I know when I had a bad yt. inf. I was willing to try anything it burned so bad when I peed so I thought of the oragel put it on everytime before I peed & had no pain!!  But I also had a little discomfort sometimes when not using the bathroom so then I tried the desiten it also numbs you & has a longer lasting affect than oragel & like I said will solve some of yal's problems.

Another remedy is the herb ARUGULA it is a green herb, leafs look like four leaf clovers but bigger, this is GOD sent literally, all natural. After having a UTI for 11 mos. & suffering horribly & trying all different kinds of strong antibiotics. I found out about arugula it does not taste bad but not good either, eaten by itself. It is usually eat in salad & this way it is pretty good. When I ate it one time I was already getting better from UTI I ate it a few more times & UTI was gone & has not come back it has been 9 mos. now. After all the strong anti. 11 mos. did not work & I just ate this herb three times & it worked!!!

This herb is known to promote healthy urinary tract function & it works, if I ever get another UTI I'm not going to the doctor I will eat arugula & want need anti. & will get rid of iUTI, it works way better than cranberry juice. Also for women that don't have UTI's since this herb works it in the general area of the reproductive sys. (urinary tract) it may help those of you that have burning or itching & you don't know why, just try it, it want hurt anything, look after what I went through this herb is a miracle. Any of you that try any of these things" they will work "& please post it here so people know that I'm not crazy talking about oragel, desiten & arugula.  THANKS, Denise
If you are remotely within driving distance of Chapel Hill, NC, consider making a trip to see Dr. Denniz Zolnoun or her nurse practitioner, Elizabeth Dinkins.  They specialize in vaginal pain and Dr. Zolnoun is doing groundbreaking studies on it at UNC Hospitals.  Both my mother and I have seen them for vaginal burning, and both of us received quick diagnoses.  My mother was cured; I was only seen a week ago but I expect the treatment to work.  We had different problems and were prescribed different treatments.

My mom: She started having problems in her forties and saw countless physicians to no avail.  After 18 years, she found Dr. Zolnoun, who diagnosed her with a hormonal issue. (I don't know the details)  Her prescribed treatment FINALLY cured her pain.

Me: I am in my twenties and have had pain-on-contact down there since I first tried to put in a tampon.  Sex is very painful and I avoided it completely until recently; now I just bear it. I also have burning during urination afterward. I participated in one of Dr. Zolnoun's studies on vulvar vestibulitis at UNC, and afterward made an appointment with her nurse practitioner. Ms. Dinkins found that my problem is a very tense muscle at the entrance to the vagina on the lower side.  The tenseness actually causes the skin to burn with pressure.  She told me it was totally fixable, although it will take some time to get rid of completely: through the use of a dilator and/or vibrator, I need to give myself gentle massage until I've worked out the tenseness, pressing down and on the outside of the muscle.  There are professionals who do this too.  I always thought I'd have to deal with this my whole life and I'm so thrilled that isn't the case.

I hope this helps someone in the same situation!
I've been on birth control since january, Me and my boyfriend use the pull out method , hes clean im clean , when he first gets inside me i feel stinging inside my vagina but then it just goes away and i can enjoy sex but at the end after he pulls out i get a severe burning sensation and it stings too, nothing works to soothe it, and it usuallly goes away 2 hours after sex, and im fine no stinging or burning until the next time we have sex,
but sometimes it stings sometimes it doesnt, i don't get it , what do i do!
Im 18 years old .&& Im alergic (allergic) to laytex condoms. just not to long ago my boi friend and i had sex. he used a layex condom. i have been discharging and when i pee it burns. is something wrong with me.? should i go to the doctor or is it normal.?
Problem seems common from all these posts. I too just started having the burning with sex and right after burning when I pee problem. I have been treated for a bacterial infection. And also treated for a yeast infection after that. Then they wanted to treat me for a UTI if that didn't fix the problem. I realize now they don't have a fix. They don't. There is no fix. It has something to do with my PH I'm sure because I have not been eating right or drinking my water for a couple of months. And the problem started within this period though I have children with this man and have been with him several years. It is not an STD ladies. It is your body revolting. Take care of yourself.
I too have been having very painful burning after intercousre. It started happening about 4 months ago and I thought it was the change in sexual partners, I have changed partners again since then and it's still happening! I have no idea what to do!
i've had the same problem a lot.. try using 'uricalm' it helps me you can find it at any drugtsotre- i get mine at rite aid, theyre cranberry pills and help take the burning away.. let me know if it helps
had the same problem but to many of you this will help its not you its them tell your boys to lay off the spicy and unhealthy food ( have them drink more milk , yogurt, fruit,  water , vegetables , less meat , less junk food !! try it for a week to see if this works ) i hope this helps ..
I am having the same problem intense burning after sex especially urinating after sex. Well I finally found out what was wrong i have Genital Herpes. It DID NOT show up on any of my many pap smears so my doctor gave me an HSV type 2 Blood test and it showed that i had it. I WAS NOT having break outs either. So i suggest you guys that are still having these problems go get that test. Hope this helps.
I'm not a doctor, (I am a nurse), but it sounds like a lot of you have an allergy to your partner's sperm since it seem a lot of the problems come after sex.  I've had similar problems, though mine aren't really after sex, but rather in the morning after I urinate the first time. I've struggled with burning/hurting for about a year. Been given a slew of meds to treat things I've never even heard of, and it all turns out the same. I feel better for a while, then it comes back. I've been with my husband almost 3 years now, so I know it's not due to a new partner (which can cause a change in your pH levels), I also had a hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago, so hormones could definitely be an issue. Anyhow, after trying yeast meds, bacteria meds, linchens sclerosis meds, atrophic vaginitis meds, interstitial cystitis meds, bladder spasm meds (despite the fact I've told the urologist I dont' have bladder spasms), I've come to the conclusion that I've got to heal myself.  Don't get me wrong, when I get a bad flare up and my vaginal opening is red, swollen, burning, and hurting, I'm reaching for either some yeast med or bacterial med, but it doesn't work long term. I don't have any discharge, smell, or itching really to indicate that I have yeast of BV.  What I have started doing is taking a sitz bath (where you just fill the tub enough to reach your vaginal area) with hot water and a cup of epsom salt. I'll do that every couple of days (or more often if I'm having a flare up). I also take 4 tums every day, and watch my sugar intake. I'll also tried bladder physical therapy (why I don't know, the doctor seemed to think it might help, despite the fact that I have no bladder issues) but the therapist suggested that since my urine is pretty acidic, particularly in the mornings, that maybe if I raised the pH, it might help.  Being that my problems typically begin in the morning after I pee, and if I check my urine at work, it's definitely acidic, sometimes filled with all kinds of goodies (protein, ketone, bilirubin, nitrites, always trace blood) I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, it seems to be helping. I haven't had sex with my husband for 2 weeks (doctor's orders). Tomorrow will be two weeks and we're definitely getting anxious. I guess I'll find out over the course of the weekend if he's triggering whatever my problem is.  Dont' know if any of these suggestion will help you guys, but it's worth a shot. Epsom salt is fairly cheap and you can get a large bottle of generic tums from Walmart for less than $4.
This site is like a huge Phew! People who understand...not like my doctor who looks at me like a deer in headlights because I am clean, and trys to reassure me that 'its just one of those things'. No! theres gotta be something...

so here it goes ladies..

The difference with me is it comes and goes, and I have a good understanding of when it will hurt or not.

Does anyone ever feel the tingling or burning when sex isnt even around? Its almost like I know when not to have sex because I felt the discomfort earlier in the day or something. And then there are days when I feel no discomfort, and at that point I know I'll probably feel fine after having sex, so its my opportunity to do it. (The windows are usually not that long).

I may try the diet thing. Please post more suggestions.
Hi..
I am married for for 8yrs years now and I had sex only with my Husband and vice versa. I was away from US and my husband for 1.5 yrs since i had been to my native country. After returning back...I had painless sex with my husband as I used to have for the past years..

But after the period in the previous month..I had some bacterial infection which was cured..and after that i had  twice when i had sex , there was severe burning and stinging pain as soon as my husband penetrated ...the pain was throughout sex and after that when I pee its burning like hell....but then it stopped and we had painless sex..

But after the period in this month...its burning so bad ...the burning and stinging lasts for about 30mins after sex...

Can anyone suggest any help...I was on birth control pills for 5 yrs...from past 2 yrs i'm out of it...now we don't use any any protection as we are planning our second baby....

During period I use pads..not tampoons..

Ladies Pls help...Thank You.
I have burning and discomfort after sex, but not every time.  I have had blood tests and been treated for bacterial infections.  There's something else, I once had a single incident of sudden intense burning in my vaginal area. I woke up during the night and it was soo painful.  After a couple of hours it went away just as it came.  Several months later it burned when I urinated and wiped.  I broke out a magnifying mirror and found this single tiny (I mean REALLY uber tiny) "scratch".  My gyno said it may have been from intercourse (I was married) and he tested it.  It came back normal.  I thought I was in the clear- nothing else for a year or so.  It's now going on 3 years and the single "tiny scratch" pops up a few times a year.  
Here's what I've figured out- the only thing I've tested positive for is herpes type 1.  And I typically have a mild cold sore about once a year- so that wasn't a surprise.  Anyone that has ever had a fever blister will test positive for herpes type 1.  Now this is what was a surprise:  Herpes 1 can also cause genital herpes.  The outbreaks are usually less frequent and less severe (hence the single tiny lesion- btw usually lasts 3-4 days).  It can be spread when no symptoms are present because of "viral shedding" and some people never have symptoms.  The outbreak can be internal and cause burning and itching, white cloudyish urine.  The tests for herpes is REALLY unreliable.  Even if a lesion is scraped- if it's not caught right at the outbreak= false negative.  A reoccurance can result from physical agitation and stress (and other things).  

So if you will please go get a blood test for herpes.  If it comes back type 1- inquire about the symptoms of internal lesions and whether there is a reliable test to diagnose.  And please come back and share!!  
answers-- (hopefully)

Ok, i know how yall feel. I am 16 and for about 3 years i have had burning while peeing, after peeing, during sex, after sex, and sometimes just randomly. one day it started and burnign and never rly stopped.. ive been to my gyno countless times, sometimes i had uti's, sometimes yeast infections and sometiems the doctor find nothing wrong for which i have had countless creams, pills, supportitories, everything. to try and help, i never wore jeans or bathing suits. i would wear non-thong cotton underwear, use unscented detergent, dial saop, epson salt baths, cranberry juice, everything (see if those remedies work for u) recently, i caught clamitia from my boyfriend and was treated for tht, along with him. also i had a severe kidney infection which i was treated for with a strong antibiotic. my vagina has burnt and burnt for years, i am right here with u girls! about 5 months ago, i starteating my current boyfriend, first it didnt rly burn during or after sex.. then it started to burn with pee after sex,. then it burnt bad after sex. some nights it would get so bad i would be naseus from the burning, i would be in tears. it would be very dry and just miserable. sometimes id even hold a cold rag on it and just lay. it was unbearable. in the past 6 months, i got the depo sho (shot for birth control) for the first 4 months it kind of stopped the burning. but now its back. girls it might be something we have to struggle with forever. i nkow its so bad and seems so unfair.

so to summarize here are some tips to help (most did Not work for me)

-cotton underwear
-no thongs
-un-scented lotions, perfume, detergent
-epson salt baths (quick ones)
-no tampons
-yogurt
-cranberry juice
-get checked for std, uti, yeast infection
-do NOT keep on wet bottoms or tight jeans
-sleep in lose clothing
-no scented body wash
-try bottom area with blowdryer on cool after shower
-no long hot baths

im still suffering after 3 years of this almsot 24-7 severe burning..

good luck!
I have the same problem as the original person who posted. It's not condoms and we've both been checked for everything. It burned so bad last night I didn't know what to do. Nothing was helping. I tried washing the area but touching it made it so much worse. I feel fine now but after sex it burns so badly. Not inside so much, just around the vaginal opening. please help!!
I had this SAME problem!!.. Went to Holland and Barretts, they sell some tablets called "Cider Vinegar" tablets, they come in a green tub with a white label. I read that it could help stop the burning, I've only been taking them for 3 days and there was no burning after sex!
Also, make sure you don't wipe your vagina with a tissue after sex, this seems to dry it out more and make the burning pain worse. Try a wipe if you wish to wipe it after sex, this way your vagina will be kept moist and the wipe will be cold which will help with any swelling and minor burning!!
Hope this helps =)

Dani xx
I have had this problem with my GF,
she told me that some body lotions she'd used before irritate her.

that then got us thinking and we just found out so far it was the Lynx Africa shower gel i had been using from time to time that was causing this,
didnt affect her all the time so after finding out i realised i didnt always use the same stuff to clean myself (i like to change my fragrence from time to time).

I been looking at stuff posted on the web about this and notice that theres no answers explaining this and everyone is assuming that STI's or something else is the problem and people are getting told "see a doctor" & people are no closer to finding out whats wrong and i know how irritating it is having a problem to explain it or a solution,
my GF has really been upset about this because we're both clean and perfectly healthy people with no infections and i think there's alot more people with this problem and they are struggling like we have been.

Ive felt really sickened myself too as i feel like i'm the one causing her pain,
i love her to no end and its worse when she gets upset with herself and sometimes she has just grited her teeth, telling me she's fine because she worries that i'm going to run off cause she cant please me sometimes but when i figure out she's doing that i cant continue cause it turns me off instantly bacause i feel sick with myself for hurting her again.

Its affected me too as when she's hurting and my fellow, um... "Man" doesn't want to co-operate with us afterwords 'cause i have the fear of hurting her turning me off and i also been worried that she would end up thinking it's just me leading her to leaving me which is my worst fear but i know she loves me and i have prommised her that if she wants to stop i'd turn celibate for her 'cause i couldnt imagine being with someone else now & i'd never leave her as long as she loves me (i mean that'd hurt me to leave her in the first place but that's stalkerish if i didnt leave if she ever lost her feelings, lol) but we've both agree that having sex is the ultimate way to express our love for eachother so we dont wanna stop trying,
i think i covered everything i can think of ATM.

Hope this helps people somewhere as i know how bad it can get,
my mind has been doing cartwheels of worrying about this...

Best regards to all you fellow Nympho's,
Duffy
Hi. I'm 17 about to turn 18 and me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and I really can't count the times we've had sex but we were each others first and at first sex never hurt but now if we go for a long time afterwards my vagina stings as if it's on fire and I have a constant feeling of needing to pee but when I do try to pee only a few drops comes out. What's wrong? I hate haveing to pee every five mins!!! Please help!
My GF has gone through the same thing recently,
you probably have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) that could be caused by several things...
Go to your doctor about it and he'll give you proper medicine for it and i'm sure you will be fine,
hope that helps...
HI Everyone!!

I'm 22 years old, and I just came across this page, and just like many of you, I have some of the same symptoms! Sometimes I find that after sex I have this burning sensation, and sometimes there is a cut between my vaginal opening and my anus and it will continue to sting for a few days. I also have a history of bacterial vaginosis, and baldder infections. Somtimes, about once every 3 months or so, I'll have bladder infection symptoms but no acutal infection. Anyway! this is what i do to deal with it, because doctors arn't much help are they! :p  okay, on a regular basis I use playtex vaginal cloths. I use them after i go to the bathroom (front to back ladies don't forget! haha) and i make sure i use them to clean up after sex. My boyfriend and I don't use condoms, so they help a lot with the mess! Also i make sure that I pee after sex, no matter what! Another thing is i take cranberry tablets on a regular basis. make sure you don't use any creams, that aren't meant to be that close to you. i clean with vagisil in the shower, and i use a lot of vagisil products and I've had no reaction. So. if i do get symptoms of some sort, i drink a lot of water, load up on vitimin c and take some extra cranberry tablets.   So, i hope this helps in some way,  this clearly is common and we're not the only ones, don't forget that you can't be shy with your doctor! and push push push they will figure it out! i hope. haha
Well It is nice to read all of this..I don't feel so alone. I have had this problem for 15 years. I have had two operations and have had more antibiotics than I know what to do with. I have had some supportive boyfriends and some not. The doctors have never helped me simply because they don't know how. It is better now that it was 15 years ago, but still not great. So I will share with you some of the things that have helped me.
I think treating it as candida is a good start. if you are taking a 6 day course in thrush cream, don't stop at three days just because you feel better, that is just stupid. Candida has 1000 different forms and can spread throughout your body. If you want it to grow and you want to get worse.. eat sugar..it loves it. Anyway..here are some things to help....
Vitamin C and B
freshly squeezed lemon juice in hot or warm water. Drink all day when bad.
Garlic pills.
Cotton undies.
DO NOT WEAR knickers at night time.
Don't wash your vagina with soap...ever.
DOn't eat any sugar. VERY IMPORTANT.
don't eat honey or vinegar (cider vinegar ok)
Don't eat bread or drink alcohol.
candida cream after sex can help.
Ural drinks are good.
Cider apple vinegar with the mother (important) in water is good.
Shower after sex.
Don't wear tight clothing.
AVoid letting your man put his fingers inside you. Too much bateria.
Durex have a latex free condom. It is called Avanti.
Drinking loads of room temp water with lemon juice is amazing.
Sometimes spicey food can help.
Eat ginger where you can.
Dry your self properly..bacteria can grow if left damp.
Try an alkaline diet and eat loads of raw vege. The bacteria in organic veges are good for you..you need the good bacetia.

I am still learning but those are the things that have helped. I know it hurts, it drives you crazy and you feel like you just can't cope. Lets just help each other.
I forgot to mention that putting Coconut oil on your vagina can help. It is an anti-fungal.
Today I was told you try Vitamin A and Mucosa compositum N. Probiotics with more than one strand. Vitamin C....A good one that is buffered and not synthetic. I guess it is about building up your immune system. Fingers crossed. I will let you know how I get on. I want to know more though. reading the things people has said has helped loads already.
I keep remembering things.
I know this sounds weird but dental hygiene is really important. The bacteria in your mouth can effect the rest of your body. Candida can also live in your toothbrush, so don't share and change your brush regularly. It is important to floss. It is strange but true, bacteria between your teeth can encourage candida in your body. Also I noticed with some toilet paper my anus would itch and then I would get stinging. I have found that i am allergic to certain paper. I use eco friendly non bleached stuff now.  I know it all comes down to the bacteria picked up when having sex, but that doesn't explain why I get the burning two days before my period and that started when I was 12..and I certainly was not having sex then! So that is why i'm inclined to think it is more to do with candida. I use to get the itching when I was younger but I ignored it..I think it just made it into the angry monster it is today.
Happy and sad to read that I'm not alone. I've read that a few of you get tears sometimes and have itching, For years I thought this was down to thrush only. I later saw a dermatologist (finally) and had some allergy tests. It was found that I was allergic to quite a few chemicals (mostly preservatives derived from formaldehyde) that were in my moisturising creams and shampoo. Once I stopped using theses products and used a cream called Trimovate the symptoms of itching and tearing went away. 8 years of itching, tearing, rough painful and bleeding skin was resolved  in 6 weeks with this cream. See you dr about it. It's strong so you must stop using it slowly not suddenly. I think the allergies were causing the increased thrush too which also caused swelling and burning inside.

If you do get bad swelling I have found sitting in a luke warm bath with a couple drops of tea tree helps. Cold bio-active yogurt is great. I still get pain and burning inside but I think think this is mostly due to vaginismus. I've been using dialators and therapy for this. My fear of sex and pain increased due to what i was experiencing as a result of the allergies and thrush!! i had no idea it was because of this. I now have to start teaching my muscles and brain to relax and to remove that fear. Good luck ladies. hope we all find a solution to pain free sex.
... one more thing. The dermatologist said to not use Acqueous cream for the itching or dry skin that may result from itching on the vulva. This will make the itching worse and more intense. I would end up itching in my sleep! Use something like cetraben. You can also wash with this.
i am 26 and have had the same sexual partner for almost 16 yrs. and i have the same problem that many of you have. mine didnt start till here recently and alot of you could be right on a lot of levels, you say it could be a lot to do with diet and it is you and his. you have to think if your not useing condoms the acid and whatnot from his sperm is all on the inside of you vigina (vagina) walls, so combined with yours it makes it intense...i just kinda dill with it cuz it only happends everyonce in a while now but when it first started i freaked out and didnt say anything to him but that was my mistake cuz then he felt as if i wasnt atracked to him anymore and that was so not the case....so i just take a shower clean up real good and then with in a couple of hours it gone if even that long...hope i have helped someone
I have also had these problems for last 3 months, Burning/itchy feeling between buttox and vagina. Swollen and inflamed vagina after sex. Frequent and burning urination. Irritation and burning vaginal area/buttox area when in the heat or exercising. Ive had blood tests done, herpees (herpes), std's , paps , bv test etc.etc. I did have a lingering yeast infection and a uti infection (the 1st uti test showed negative, the 2nd positive-)I'll go into that more if needed,
Heres my possible causes through research, which I am narowing down thru many doc visits
1) I may be immune to cipro and thats why my uti's come back.
2} I think I have internal hem's, fissures ,yeast in colon/intestine issues or urinary issues causing this. .I am going to see a gastro doc to look up there and a urologist .
3)I am being tested for yeast , gluten and food allergies by a  Allergist.
4) I may have hyper/hypo glycemia or diabetes.
5) I may have vericose veins in the vulvar region.
6) I may be allergic to husbands sperm.
What is working for me to be comfortable is I take 2 acidopholis, 2 folic acid,1 b6 and 2 cranberry caps 3x a day. Most of the time I am comfortable but not perfect.I use Desitin when the rash flares up after sex. -- I notice that if I eat alot of sugar (refined or natural) white bread, and alcohol , things get worse.I hope this helps and we can compare symptoms.
Ive been suffering with this for a few months now, seemed to be triggered with a spell of thrush which kept recurring, but thats gone and now when ever i have sex it burns after. anyway my friend who also has similar symptoms recommended this site which offers lots of helpful tips;
http://vulvalpainsociety.org/index.php?page=good-advice
and this one shows their effectiveness
http://www.curetogether.com/vulvodynia/treatments/
if anything has helped you no matter how small, please share
Oh I know how you all feel! I've had the same problem, burning after intercourse for about a year. I've been to the doctor and the gyno and they can find nothing wrong with me, no STD, no thrush no nothing. I can't tell you how depressing that was, then again I don't need to because you all probably know.

I have small amount of help/advice to give. A couple weeks ago I decided to cut back on the amount of sugar in my diet and started taking a pro-biotic capsule and a multi vitamin. When I next had sex with my husband I noticed that is stung a lot less, and within a week we were actually able to have sex with no stinging for the first time in over a year. It's such a relief to know that something might actually make a difference.

I believe that it is the sugar that is causing the problem for me. I think the combined effect of the pro-biotic and cutting out the sugar is what made the difference. It's too early to tell but at least I've got something to go on, which is more than the gyno gave me. And I see some of the other commenters have had similar advice. God Bless others finding solutions to this!
I too have experienced many of the symptoms listed.  From the moment I became sexually active 12 years ago. I am a petite woman and so assumed sex was painful because I was smaller.  Many times it hurt/ burned/ ached so much I would cry.  After my abdomen would cramp, and I had to lay perfectly still and put a heating pad on my belly, to make the pain bearable.  Sometimes my vagina would feel so tender and inflammed afterwards I would put a cold washcloth on it.  I also had/ have extremely painful periods, which are very heavy, I will have diarrhea and nausea and cramps that are so severe I have to lay down for days.  When I was 23 I went to the ER for what the Doctors thought was my appendix rupturing.  It was not.  I had a cyst on my ovary that had rupture, after removing and testing it they confirmed I have the disease Endometriosis.   The symptoms for Endo are:

•Pain before and during periods
•Pain with intercourse
•General, chronic pelvic pain throughout the month
•Low back pain
•Heavy and/or irregular periods
•Painful bowel movements, especially during menstruation
•Painful urination during menstruation
•Fatigue
•Diarrhea or constipation
•Abdominal bloating
•Headaches
•Low grade fevers
•Depression
•Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
•Anxiety
•Susceptibility to infections, allergies

Symptoms vary person to person. There is a lot of conflicting information about it out there, and many doctors aren't even familiar with the disease.  I encourage you all to listen to your body and research, research research.  There are lots of websites solely devoted to it.  I like www.endo-resolved.com

Things that have helped me are:
Avoiding excess sugar, all soy products, avoiding processed and junk food, limiting caffeine and alcohol. Limiting red meat, wheat and dairy (which cause inflammation.)
I don't have sex when I'm already sore down there, and stop intercourse as soon as I feel the slightest pain.  Make sure I am properly lubricated.  I find that having an orgasm before sex helps alot, relaxes the muscles and lubricates.  Personally for me sex is the least painful during my period and the happy hormones released from sex minimize the pain of cramps and headaches.  

I wish you all relief from your pain.  And encourage you to continue looking for an answer, don't give up, you're body is trying to tell you something.  God bless you!
About a week I started a 3 day OTC Monistat treatment for a yeast infection. My doctor didn't diagnose me, but I have had them before so I was pretty sure it was one. It started to feel better after the three days, but when my boyfriend and I had sex after the treatment was done, my vagina got a burning feeling and after sex when I peed, it also burned very badly..We didn't have sex for a few days to let it heal a bit because I figured the yeast infection wasn't fully cleared yet. We had sex again a few days after this and it still burned, but not as bad. Do you think the yeast infection is still fully clearing out? and the burning is just a reaction to the irritation? It will be a week tomorrow from when I first started the OTC treatment, do you think it takes this long for it to fully clear out? THANKS
hey ladies write dr oz with me! we have to figure it out! for years i thought i was the only one out there!
Im the same way.. but I notice I only get the pains only when im getting closer to my period... Maybe that can b it.. track it.. I found out thats mine.. Cuz after my period sex is ok but getting closer to my period then sex starts getting painful.. I think ur vagina tissue gets sensitive while changing cycles.. I hope this helps..
I feel so much better to know that I am not a lone. First off, I am 20 years old and have been with my fiance for about 5 years.I just got a lower dosage of birth control but have been on the pill for 3 years.

Back at the end of July of this year is when the burning and pain started happening for me. I actually found I had extreme pain down in my vagina after getting a new bike. I changed my seat after a week and it was fine but the pain during sex did not stop. I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and she treated me for a Yeast Infection because I was experiencing the constant pain and itch while just sitting here. That is gone but the pain during and after sex is not.

I've been with the same man for almost 5 years now. He wasn't a virgin but I was (he'd only had one sexual partner prior to me). We highly doubt its an STD because we haven't been with anyone else and we would have noticed it sooner. The pain is actually up inside my vagina where I've seen people explain it to be on the outside. My pain and burning is up inside and it hurts a tad when he enters me and then as we get going it doesn't hurt as bad but after sex, I go straight to the bathroom and that is when the pain is the worst. Tonight it was terrible and it hurt to walk. But here is the thing, the burning only lasts about 10 minutes and goes away and only happens after using the bathroom. The burning and pain has been bad enough on days that when we have sex, we have to stop in the middle because it hurts so bad. He worries about it, I can tell he does. He tells me it's a bit drier up inside than it was before. This only happened after getting my bike, i never had this problem before and we could have sex everyday without any problem at all. Now we can hardly have sex because I worry about the pain afterwards. I've even broke into tears because it hurt and i was so frustrated.

What in the world is this burning from and why wont it go away?
i've been looking for hours for answers and theres only one person in this thread that seems to have my same problem.

i do not get itching, only burning. and it didnt start until either a)i was pregnant. or b) after i gave birth.

and for 2, the burning doesnt start right after intercourse, its either the day after or sometimes 2 days after and lasts for 2-3 days after that. its not yeast uti or an std.

anyone have a clue?
Omg!! I feel u guys I just started getting this burning feeling when I rub my husband penis on me and when I insert it. Then after sex my vg be hurting for awhile then it will stop... I dnt know what it is I went over it...is it the soap...did you eat or touch pepper...what can it be...I need someone help to let me know I'm 21.
Omg!! I feel u guys I just started getting this burning feeling when I rub my husbands penis on me and when I insert it. Then after sex my vg be hurting for awhile then it will stop... I dnt know what it is I went over it...is it the soap...did you eat or touch pepper...what can it be...I need someone to let me know I'm 21.
Holy ****, just kill yourselves you ******* SLUTS, *******!!!! Can't believe you guys did so many guys!!!!!
Its some what comforting to know I'm not going through this alone, yet that doesnt ease the extreme burning I feel on a day-to-day basis. I've been experiencing this pain for near enough two years now. I've only ever had the one sexual partner - my current boyfriend and we were both virgins when we met. For the first year or so I didnt experience any pain after sex and this seems to have come on all of a sudden. If I dont have sex, I don't get 'the burn'. My partner is in the army, so we only have sex when he is home. Sometimes I feel a slight discomfort during intercourse but I'm nearly always left in extreme pain afterwards, sometimes for up to two weeks after. I also find that the pain is more intense after I have urinated, which I feel the urge to do frequently with the need coming in a quick desperate burst. Recently, I also found 2 small lumps on the outside of my vagina - these are totally different to what I always thought genital herpes looked like (they are under the skin and do not look like blisters and they are not painful unless touched). Plus, if neither my partner or myself have ever had sex with someone else, surely it cant be genital herpes? I'm not sure if there is a connection beteen the burning and the lumps...
There seems to be a definiate connection with my PH balance so I'll try changing my diet. Some of the creams and natural remedies seem helpful too, so thank you too all.
I struggled for a decade, and the following information has helped me enormously. This is all advice I got from a gynecologist who specializes in pain issues. Check out: http://www.vulvarpainfoundation.org/  It's all about the Low Oxalate Diet. First, do see your doctor to get checked for infections and all STDs, as these symptoms can be caused by those issues, and if you have them, they should be treated. That said, I found The Low Oxalate Cookbook to be very helpful. Calcium oxalate is in many (most) foods, but some people have a hard time flushing it from their system. It builds up in your soft tissues and causes these symptoms. Try limiting your calcium oxalate intake as much as possible for a month or so and see how you feel. Avoiding junk food and carbs does seem to help in general. I take calcium citrate because it bonds with the calcium oxalate and helps to flush it out of the body (and I avoid other types of calcium supplements). Do use condoms because STDs exasperate everything, and AIDS can kill you. Avoid chemicals (like Vagisil). Wash the area with water only. You can use a very mild soap once a week or so. Expose the area to suds only, not directly to soap. Use olive oil or Crisco as a moisturizer twice per day. It's very helpful and non-irritating. You can also use it as lubrication during sex, but be aware that it reduces the integrity of condoms because it is oil based. Also, be very careful not to dip dirty fingers into your crisco or you may contaminate it and end up with a bacterial infection. Wash hands first. For lubrication during sex, you could scoop some out with a spoon or something instead of dipping your fingers in, and then don't touch the spoon directly with your dirty fingers either. Cotton underwear and cotton pads are helpful too. If you wear pantyhose, to make them more breathable, try cutting out the triangle in the crotch area. If you stay inside the seam they aren't likely to rip. Cotton tights are more breathable than nylons too.  Good luck.
I have the Same problem ....lyk everything u said is what is happening to me help lyk u said ugh!!!!
1st off, when they tell you to take 6.. than finish! Even if it clears up! Just because it looks and feels cured doesn't mean it is. That applies to ALL medications. That is how bacteria and stuff build immunity to our medications cause the last little bit that survived the treatment will grow a resistance to the treatment and spread... its important to kill it 100%. 2nd GO GET A PAP ASAP!!!! The minute you started having sex you should have been seeing one yearly. You are putting your life on the line for what? Some jerk who you probably won't be friends with a yr from now. 3rd GET HIM TO WEAR A CONDOM!!!!! If he doesn't than u shouldn't be having sex cause he doesn't care about u. U r putting TOO MUCH AT RISK!!! Believe me I know!!! There r too many risks u r taking ..u may think they r clean but this day an age everyone is carrying something. Almost everyone carries a form of HPV and for most u won't know till 2 yrs later when its too late and you have cancer.. not to mention pregnancies.. why risk any of it?? They make condoms so much better nowadays... don't be stupid. Educate yourself and don't throw your life away with all these risky decisions. No boy is worth it.
I have a problem, I am 19, nvr had a pap done, and have had genitle warts about eight mnths ago. The warts are gone but everytime me and my boyfriend have sex my vaginal lips swell so bad I cant put my thong on and it burns terribly bad, I have a weirs yellow/green discharge with lil cottage cheese looking chuncks in it and I am always paranoid that I smell. I dnt hav time for a doctor with school and work, is there a creme or something I could get at a pharmacy?
Hey ladies,
This forum made me feel like I'm not alone, I've been having issues down there for years also.  Again, been tested for STD's, HIV, and herpes many many times.  Sometimes I get swelling and pain (prickly feeling) for no reason even with no sex, I treated with Monistat a few times which got rid of the major symptoms but the prickly feeling never went away.  Any time I went to the doctor and told her it felt strange she would do tests (negative of corse) and gave me some creme (which did nothing).  A few weeks ago it all flared up (swollen, cracked looking, irritated, red) so I went to the doctor and tested positive for yeast.  She gave me diflucan (sp?) and i took 2 of those pills and had no results or relief.  So I called the doctor and lo and behold, shes out of the office for a WEEK !  The office recommended I see her partner so I did because I dont want to suffer any longer then I all ready do!  Now I always felt like my doctor was stupid, and I really like the new doctor just by describing my history and symptoms she told me that my PH was deffinitly off and there was still yeast present (took another diflucan) and she perscribed me birth control to regulate my system, and also acedopholis pills that I was to insert vaginally (2 times a day for the first week and then before bed for the next 2 weeks).  I think the last round of diflucan may have started to make me feel a little better (after it caused me a day of killer cramps), but then I had sex with my boyfriend and its all swollen again :(
I don't know if it's just like that from being rubbed or if the yeast just isn't ever going to go away!
I guess I'm going to keep taking the acedopholis and pray it feels better!
I have the same problem and i have gone to about 20 different doctors about this problem. My burning has gotten so bad that it is now worse than when i had stitches from the c-section. i have looked up every possible thing it could be. I have finally come to the conclusion that i might be allergic to my boyfriend. I have looked up the symptoms and they are all the things that i have. some of you might look into that if you have only had these problems with just one person.
Well to mincey not to sound rude but if he is going to leave you because you don't want sex every now any then or because it hurts you then why are you with him? And I think you have a yeast infection, you can pass it back and forth and he may not have symptoms. Also it is extremely smart to get checked if you are sexually active, especially if you aren't using a condom and are having symptoms of something.

To the main poster I have the same issues without the discharge. I believe the person who talked about being allergic sounds right. I have been checked for STD and yeast and bacterial vaginitis and more. All clean. That sounds like the best guess and ask your dr about it. Best way to tell is to use a condom and see if the burning goes away. In my case I'm allergic to latex so I will need to find a none latex condom.
Hi there all. I think I have the answer. I have had this problem for roughly 3 years since I went on Microgynon 30. It was my first time on the pill so obviously it has effected my hormone levels. Me and my fiance always used to use condoms before but when i turned 16 i went on the pill fo more practical reasons than anything else. Anyway, I went to the doctors to try and get some help because it was so bad and getting worse. It took about 10 visits before they would give me a smear and examine me but all the tests came back negative. I ended up having 2 smears for the same things because my doctor was so useless.

I then started asking then if it could be anything to do with my pill and they said no and would not agree to change it. After much pleading they finally referred me to gynecologist. He gave me another examination and said I had very slight inflammation but nothing else. I then mentioned to him that I get very bad bouts of regular thrush. He then twigged that even when I don't have a flair up this could be effecting it. (as it could with underlying issues that you didn't know about) and said that it was more than likely it was my microgynon pill that was giving me too much oestrogen and causing me ph imbalances leading to thrush. He told me to stop taking microgynon immediately and have 4 weeks off the pill completely to see if anything were to improve. If it was he would state to my GP that I needed a modern low dose pill. So here I am, and all because my GP didn't want to give me a more expensive pill I experienced years of suffering. But I'm healed. Finally.
I dont know what to tell you but im having this horriblw pain right now. Its been two dayz now...i had rough sex saturday morning and after, I was fine. And later that day I got my period to so this whole situation *****. It hurts to pee, sometimes. Ive been drinking a lot of water, it hurts when I dont pee too. From what everyone is saying, it seems I might have a tear of some sort? This burning needs to stop, I usually get uti after everytime I have sex but this is worst and it seems my vagina is swollen in a way. How long does this last for? And wat should I do?
HELLO LADYS. I SEEM TO BE HAVING A SIMILAR PROBLEM. EVERYTIME AFTER SEX MY VAGINA FEELS SWOLLEN AND I HAVE THIS INSTENSE BURNING THAT FEELS LIKE ITS COMING FROM INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE. MY DOCTOR DID A PAP AND SOME OTHER EXAMS BUT WHILE WE WAITED FOR THE RESULTS HE PRESCRIBED METRONIDAZOLE. IT CURES BACTERIA. ITS HELPED ME SO FAR BUT ILL FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON WHEN I GO BACK TO THE DOCS OFFICE. I'VE ALSO READ THAT ITS SUPPOSE TO CURE TRICHOMONIASIS WICH IS AN STI AND FROM WHAT I'VE READ IT HAS A LOT OF SIMILAR SYMPTOMS TO WHAT I'M HAVING! ITS ALSO SUPPOSE TO CURE BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS WHICH ALSO HAS SIMILAR THINGS. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY DOCTOR TO MAKE SURE OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE!
I think im the first person to have went to the doctor and actually got my questions answered. iv been having sex with my boyfriend since i was 15 years old(now 22). He is the only guy i have ever been with and he is clean and so am I. When we first started having sex i didnt have the burnuig after sex. Then it came and went. (Keep in mind, for the ones complaining of discharge, a funny smell, or itching.. this post doesnt pertain to you. go get checked) For those just complaining about burning directly after sex; my doctor told me ROUGH sex can cause this as well. That explains why it only happens sometimes. Now it all makes sence, and i now appaud my decsision to stay true to ONE partner. Im happy and can relax now.
Hope there is more like me out there!
I TRULY BELIEVE ITS AN INFECTION THAT COMES FROM A MAN AND THAT IT IS ONE THAT IS NOT DETECTABLE BY TESTS BECAUSE IT IS ONE NOT DISCOVERED YET AND THERE MUST BE MORE RESEARCH DONE. IT MAY BE RELATED TO SOMETHING SIMILAR TO HPV WHICH HAS MANY UNKNOWNS ABOUT IT. DOCTORS BLOW IT OFF BECAUSE THEY ARENT FAMILIAR AND DONT BELIEVE IT CAN BE SOMETHING THAT ISNT ALREADY DISCOVERED. ONE CASE ABOVE DESCRIBES A CYST BEING REMOVED AND I STRONGLY BELIEVE WHATEVER IT IS THAT A MAN TRANSMITS TO A WOMAN IS SOMETHING THAT CAN CAUSE CYSTS OR CANCEROUS CELLS IN A WOMAN.
THE FACT THAT WOMAN THINK ITS BETTER BECAUSE THEY CHANGED THEIR DIET IT SOOOO NOT TRUE. IT MAY REDUCE PAIN SINCE DIETS BUILD UP ARE IMMUNE SYSTEM BUT IT IS DEFINITELY BECAUSE THE INFECTIOUS PARTNER NO LONGER EXISTS NOT A NEW DIET!
ITS UNIQUE BECAUSE THIS WOULD LEAD ONE TO BELIEVE THAT THE INFECTION MAY NOT BE AS EASILY PASSED ON TO A MALE FROM A FEMALE BUT THE INFECTED MALE'S INFECTION IMMEDIATELY OVERWHELMS THE WOMAN AND PERHAPS DEPENDING ON HER IMMUNE SYSTEM WILL QUICKY HEAL IT SELF FROM THE BURNING BUT THE WOMAN ISNT HEALED FROM THE INTERIOR DAMAGE IT WILL SLOWLY DEVELOP!

I AM SOOO CERTAIN THIS IS A NEW INFECTION THAT NEEDS ATTN BECAUSE FOR A WOMAN IT CAN GET SERIOUS, PERHAPS A UNIQUE STRAIN OF HPV??

p.s when there are other symptons involved like discharge of any type it is simply the common std and you need antibiotics. SO IGNORE THOSE OFTEN INACCURATE, ESPECIALLY AT FREE CLINICS IN MY AREA AT LEAST, TEST RESULTS. I HAVE LEARNED TOO OFTEN THEY ARE NOT OFTEN CORRECT AT ALL. ALL THIS MUMBO JUMBO ABOUT ALLERGIC AND DIETS AND YOUR PARTNER BEING CLEAN IS B.S.!!! THEY JUST DONT HAVE TESTS TO SHOW YOU THAT YOUR MALE PARTNER HAS A UNIQUE STD THAT AFFECTS YOU EVERY TIME BECAUSE OF HIS BACTERIA /VIRUS/ etc.

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE FOCUS AND RESEARCH ON THE POSSIBILITY OF A NEW SPREAD !
ps.s. THERE ARE MANY ON HERE THAT ARE NOT AS SMART TO UNDERSTAND THE OTHERS WHO HAVE GENUINE COMPLAINTS SUCH AS THE ONES WHO TRULY HAVE ALLERGIES AND WRONGLY JUMPED ON THE WRONG FORUM! YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM OF THIS SO READ MORE CAREFULLY. MY COMMENT ARE FOR THE ONES WHO HAVE BURNING ON THEIR LIPS OF VAGINA MORE FROM SEX NOT ANYTHING ELSE. THEN IT HURTS FOR A BIT MORE. THE PERSON WHO SAID IT HELPS TO HAVE AN ORGASM 1st THEN SEX IS VERY ACCURATE AND THAT PERSON IN IN THE RIGHT FORUM. SO THOSE OF YOU READING MY COMMENTS THIKING I AM WRONG, YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN THE WRONG FORUM - YOU ACTUALLY DO JUST HAVE AN ALLERGY PERHAPS BUT YOURE IN THE WRONG FORUM THIS FORUM IS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THIS MYSTERIOUS DISEASE!
So it sounds like to me that you may either be allergic to the condoms ( if you are using condoms) or you could easily be allergic to his sperm
I heard that some women are allergic to mens semen. Have ur partner control his *** and to pull it out just in time. I have this problem and this has worked for me.  If he cums inside of me then I get that burning, swelling and discomfort but if he doesn't *** inside my vagina, all is well. Try this. I hope it works for u.
I now have the same problem.  Never had it in my life before with any other partner.  As soon as i began having sex w/my current boyfriend i always had weird itching, burning pain.  Mine was better w/condoms so this should help all of u see if this is your problem.  After having this for 7 months it finally came to light that I had Herpes ll.  The doctors can't say for sure he gave it to me but they believe that my body was fighting the exposure (sex) all that time but just couldn't do it anymore.  So mine is better when there is no  skin to skin contact and now that i am on acyclovir  ( an antiviral) it is considerably better but still there somewhat probably because my boyfriend is not on acyclovir.  I was also tested for std's many times but doctors dont routinely test for herepes.  The only way to test is if there are sores present or a blood test that can come back negative even if the virus is dormant in your body, so doctors dont bother.  So there was no way to know what was going on had my body continued to fight off an outbreak.  All I can tell you is that I felt like I had burning, itching, stinging and a feeling my skin was cracked.  come to find out this is common amongst people who have hsv ll but no sores.  Hope this helps but i know it's not good news.  sorry people.
ITS NOT AN ALLERGY ITS MOST LIKELY HERPES OR A UNIQUE STRAIN OF HPV. ONE OF THE GIRLS ABOVE WENT TO A SMART DOCTOR WHO FIGURED IT OUT.

FOR THOSE THAT CLAIM IT AN ALLERGY - GO HAVE SEX WITH ANOTHER GUY WHO IS CLEAN AND IT MAY LIKELY NOT BURN ............THE MALE CARRIER SEEMS TO CAUSE THE BURNING.
I THINK I AM A MALE CARRIER BUT THE DOCTORS (AT FREE CLINIC) TEST ME AND SAY NOTHING IS WRONG BUT EACH TIME I HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX MY PARTNER WILL COMPLAIN OF BURNING ...SOME OF LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN BUT I THINK IT MAY BE MORE IN THE CERVIX .....

PEOPLE THINKING ITS AN ALLERGY ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE VERY FEW SEX PARTNERS (GOOD FOR YOU! ) BUT YOU MAY NOT WANT TO ADMIT YOUR PARTNER DOESNT HAVE/HAD SO MANY PARTNERS.....ITS MORE LIKELY THAT YOUR PARTNER HAS/HAD MORE PARTNERS THAN YOU THINK! ITS NOT ALLERGIES. DOCTORS DO IGNORE IT TOO OFTEN AS SOMEONE SAID IN THIS THREAD - IF THEY PAY ATTN THEY MIGHT COME UP WITH CURE!
I also had this problem for years.  All STD tests negative, started having it halfway through a 6 year relationship with my boyfriend.  No longer with that boyfriend, but having the same issue with my new boyfriend.  Burning/pain related solely to semen - i.e. if he pulled out, didn't have that reaction.  It's both relieving and scary to find that so many women have this problem.

The only thing I've been able to find that helps is I now take a calcium supplement w/ Vitamin D (like Viactiv chocolate chews) daily and that seems to decrease the symptoms by about 85 - 90%.  
I also had this problem for years.  All STD tests negative, started having it halfway through a 6 year relationship with my boyfriend.  No longer with that boyfriend, but having the same issue with my new boyfriend. It's both relieving and scary to find that so many women have this problem and our doctors can't figure out what it is.  

I have had this problem since I have been having sex. It is a sensitivity of the acids in the mans semen. what I have learned to do was take a shower immediately after washing down there with anti bacterial soap...and then I doush with only water to bring the fluid down..I also lubricate my outer area with neosporin for the night... a lot of work but it keeps me from being irritated 3 or 4 days:) good luck
This burning sensation, which i think might be related to what most of these posts are about,started for me in june. most unusual thing for me because ive never had it before? always had great sex, and enjoyed it with no problems! saying that im only 18 and ive only been having sex since 16 so i might be being naive about this sorta thing but as i said ive never expierence anything like this before? its just recently i have been expierencing a sort of sharp burning sensation after sex, not during, thats all fine, its not something that starts straight away but i can kinda of see it coming you know? oh also it will sometimes happen randomly every now and then when i urinate but only sometimes. but yeah back to the point, and then during maybe even before it all gets a bit dry down there, im actually finding it hard to orgasm aswell? but i dunno whether thats a state of the mind thing as i reasearched or whether me and my partner need to start using maybe lubricant? because we dont use condoms, so my intial thought was this problem may be like friction? because it all gets a bit raw. but then yeah the second time i have sex like this will be in the same night (because lets face it everyone does it more than once at a time when your with your partner in bed) but the second time is when it will start to hurt just a bit, but its bariable im thinking thats linked to the dryness though not sure?, its just then afterwards, after we have had sex for the night, he'll of fallen asleep and il be up most the night curled up desperatly holding my lady bits in pain often crying :( most times il resort to pressing a cold flannel against my vagina, and it may sound a lil daft but ive even resorted to putting bepanthen the baby bum stuff on it! to be honest though it helps? it sooths it because thats what this symptom feels like, like it needs to be soothed. so bottomline is after reading all these posts (at yes 4 in the morning because im that worried) im a little confused as to what the problem could be :( i think im gonna rule out the idea of the pill having an effect? because its never been a problem before? im thinking maybe this whole PH level Theory? that might be it because il admit i havnt been eating as many of my fruit and veg as i should be doing and i do need to drink more water, and i do suffer from stress not on a medical level, but i will stress out about every lil thing in my life, and it has caused me to get ill before so that might be linked i think. but in addition im also thinking it might be a yeast infection, but when i research yeast infection my syptoms (symptoms) dont seem to completley link in with it plus im worried if i go get something like cansten duo that thing on the telly and thats not what i have is that gonna effect me? like taking medicine you dont need?
as you can tell im a very naive, young student of 18 at uni, i dont have a clue what this might be and i hope i havnt scared myself by looking on the internet for anwsers, but basically i just want peoples opioins, past expierences, advice if they have got over it, to maybe help me solve this, because basically im a young women in love with a young man who means the world to me,and im desperatly looking for an anwser, i dont want this to effect my sex life, this hasnt put me off yet im still having sex, ( dont worry im not being pressured or anything by my man) but im worried it might get worse if i dont do anything because its early days yet. so if anyone has any help or advice i would be very very grateful :) thank you.
also sorry for such the long post but i thought it better to be thorough to get as much help as i can
Take a nice warm bath after for about thirty minutes with bath soap in the water!!  Trust me only thing I found to help!!  
this might sound kind of odd but im 16 years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. we both lost out virginity with each other and have never had sex with anyone else (we'r both very open and honest with each other) Recently however i have alson been experienceing a buring sensation after we'v had sex. i get a water infection quite alot and the sensation feels alot like that. iv been drinking alot of water and eating healthy food but nothing seems to be helping. i dont really know what else to do
Anybody have any idea whats wrong with me?So ive only had sex once and that was just last sunday anyways my vagina stings really bad but he didnt stick it in all the way?So I dont know whats wrong.When I urinate it hurts so much I just wanna feel normal again...i hope its not an STD..im only 14):
Someone tell me what to do please):
hey, I also have this same problem, if i may ask. what types of diet did you switch to because I believe that this would help me too. Besides that I have other issues regarding my bad diet.
Same with me as well..just had a drs appointment no bv or anything but it stings like hell during and after sex then it feels like paper cuts around my vagina afterwards ....help sumbody ...smh what could this be and it only keeps happening with my bf and he is clean as well...
I've been experiencing the same symptoms, with regard to the burning after sex. It has been going on now for a little over a year (even though I've been with my partner for 3). No, I do not have an STD, I've told my Dr about it but she never has an answer. I think it all began after I started the Nuvaring. Honestly, I'm so sick of this burning after sex & I want to cry each time.

Is anyone else on the Nuvaring & have this problem? I'm going to quit using it this month to see if it helps. Wish me luck.
IT'S BECAUSE OF THE SPERM.  I ALWAYS HAD BURNING AFTER SEX, BUT THEN I HAD A BOYFRIEND WHO HAD A VASECTOMY.  I WAS SHOCKED THAT THE BURNING STOPPED COMPLETELY.  SO I THINK IT IS THAT OUR BODIES ARE SENSITIVE TO SPERM.
You might have a disease known as Interstitial Cystitis. It ***** and it might be a long stretch but, just check it out. Also, there might be scar tissue around your opening from previous times. And that doesn't go away. Rub a Vitamin E cream on it. The brand name is "Genes". Only put it on externally. That way when you're stretched out, the raw skin/scar tissue will be healing with the cream and I don't know if you know this or not but, once you're  stretched out a lot and you pee the pee drips against the raw skin from your vagina and that's why it burns. If you're peeing a lot that could be a result of the cystitis. Especially if it burns. If you try this and it persists, go to a Vaginal Physical Therapist. They deal with problems sexually that doctors cant. Such as fixing the raw skin and giving you exercises to fix the feeling of hurting after. I really hope this helps!

Btw~I only know so much because I'm in medical school and have many medical diseases. I'm not a **** :)
can i just point out something obvious to me. if you're scared that he might leave you if u complain about problems ur having after sex, maybe u should think about if hes the person for you. if hes only with u for sex, then tht doesnt seem like a very healthy relationship....you should think about this...
Get your doctors to check for Ureaplasma.  I'm lucky that I work with a doctor who's on a mission to find out what my symptoms are.  Constant burning but no sign of anything after vaginal swabs.  It's just a simple urine test.
Ureaplasma - it is sexually transmitted but is just the natural flora in your genital area getting a bit out of control.........treated with antibiotics.  Also wash down there with baby shampoo to ease the burning symptoms, really helps!
Hello all!
I, as well as many others, have this problem too. Three months ago, I had my son Gabriel. I have been with the same partner for nearly a year now (It'll be a year on January 5), and we have both been tested for STD's. We both came out clean. Well, my fiance and I had laid off of having intercourse for about a week (give or take). For the first time in a week(s), we had intercourse yesterday. And afterwards, I got an intense burning sensation. It feels like it's inside, but I can't really tell if it's inside of my vagina or just the opening. It happened AGAIN tonight. This hasn't happened to me before, aside from yesterday. I don't know what it could be. As I said above, we've both been tested for STD's and we both came out clean. It can't be a UTI, because when I get a UTI, my kidneys hurt real bad (which they don't now) and thats the only symptom I get. And it can't be a yeast infection, because there's no itching, smell, or discharge. It just happens after intercourse, especially after I urinate afterwards. Please help!
The past couple of weeks I have been sleeping with my boyfriend quite regulary and the past week now when i have been doing the toilet, afterwards it hurts me its like a burning, inside my vagina hurts and I can also feel slight pain in my lower abdomen. This has never happened with previous partners. When its building up to me needing a pee I'm like 'oh no' because I hate the pain afterwards. I'm trying to get appointments for the doctor but need advice please help!
I started to have sex last year, and it never stung. Then one time I got thrush, got some cream and it cleared up. But now since I had thrush, I go to have sex and it stings before I fully get the penis in, and then after sex it burns like hell, and I have a lot of discharge and like leak. I'll go to the toilet and it'll sting but about 15 minutes after it feels fine, until I have sex again. I get so upset and fustrated over it, I don't know what it is, I haven't been to see the doctor, but I'm extremely considering it, it's driving me mental, but luckily my boyfriend isn't bothered if we have sex or not. I just want to get RID. Does anyone know what this could be, and could help?!
Stop being so stupid... go get a pap test, get tested for yeast infections he may have a dirty ****, he sounds like an insensitive ******* anyways... it could be alot of things, if you want change make it happen you will find the answer if you look, also girls can get a yeast infection every month after their period ... dontchya love being a woman ??
My husband and I have faced the same problem for 3 years.  It turns out is was because of his circumcision.  Removing the foreskin removes the natural lubrication that men are meant to have.  He is restoring now by using manual stretching techniques.  Look up the book "Sex the way nature intended it."  It may be your answer.
Ur still yough im 21 n I know better hun man comes and go ur health is way more important than making him happy n unprotected sex is not the way to go u rather get Pelvic imflamory disease n him leave u cuz then sex will probably even more pain full or be healthy n hes leave u cuz u care about urself to make him wear a condom ur yough u got ur whole life ahead of u to worry bout this boy u asking for Hiv or a STD cuz honey it only takes one time I rather be healthy n alone cuz a real man would put on a condom for u cause he cares about his health n urs slow down hun sex does not make a man stay u dnt have to have sex to say u have a bf n u never had a pap smear well hope whn u do get ur first one u dnt found out u have a std cuz ur suppose to get them at age 17 n its checks for cervical cancer u got get one every yr.i hope this message find u cuz im 21 n wise beyond man yrs if a man tld me to keep him I got to have unprotected sex I would tell him im save u a trip n im walking away cuz my health is important to me n ur not gonna mess it up n im tooo smart for that n to go find him a check who is dwn for wat ever cuz im not it u have the power hunny leave him he is so not worth it  save ur self now for somebody who really loves enough to but on a condom. Before its too late make a change for ur health thanks
I am only 18 years old i have had 1 sex partner and it seems that after every time we have sex or He even fingers me i get this burning sensation and it is to the point to where i try not to go pee or i try to hold it and my lips will even burn sometimes!!!! I'm glad to know there are others like me, i don't want to go to the doctor because i honestly cant have my parents find out i have had sex....
thanks but some advice would be much appreciated
That sounds exactly like chlamydia.
This sounds like a yeast infection. Use a 7 day dose, and make sure to use all 7.
most of the stories sound like vaginismus
I have had the same problem for a couple of years now. Like many of you, I didn't have the issue when I first started having sex. It wasn't until about a year later that the problem started to occur; about the same time I started taking oral contraceptive.
I recently went online to figure out what could be causing the pain. I found a cite that had a list of things that could cause the burning and discomfort, and there was my answer...
If any of you are on oral birth control, that very well could be the cause. The estrogen levels in oral contraceptive make the tissues in your vagina and urethra thinner, and hypersensitive.
The solution could be to stop taking the pill, but I haven't wanted to do that because I don't want to risk getting pregnant- especially seeing as I'm a college student, and neither my fiance nor I can afford having a baby.

I hope this answers the question that many of you have. If I did, I'm glad that I was able to help! :)
I have something almost similar. but the discharge color is clear or whitish. i'm clean also. first thing u need to do it get a pap test n if u don't know your status get tested. (i'm scheduling my pap asap) if all is well ask your gyno if u may have an allergic reaction to semen. or Vulvodynia (look it up). it could be one of them not sure..but ask. in the meantime use condoms. The pain is not worth anything. PS: your man needs to be more understanding damn!
I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm 20 too and have the exact same symptoms that you're having. I started having the symptoms so bad that I actually (once) started peeing a little blood because of irritation. It was terribly painful! But the vaginal burning was the worst.

Turns out that the pill literally made my hormones so out of whack that it threw off the pH levels in my uterus, which affected/irritated my bladder. Also, the excess of hormones changed the pH of my urine as well, irritating it further. This was two years ago. I've never had a UTI, but was tested for it several times. Also went to a urologist, who said everything was fine. Apparently all of my symptoms were related to BV, which recurred for eight months or so, until I got off the pill.

Now, I have an IUD (inserted 8 months ago) but started having the same symptoms a few days ago :( However, I think it has to do with the fact that my boyfriend and I have lots of sex, and the pH level of semen is around 7-8, which probably upsets my (fragile) uterus. I think I have BV again :(

I hope this helps anyone reading. I'm going to see my doctor next week, because it's extremely inconvenient to have these terrible burning sensations. The only thing I can do now is apply pressure, drink water and cranberry juice, and wait it out. I'm going to get an ultrasound as well to see if I have any cysts, because it hurts during sex as well.
Sound like Trich... Sweetheart please get checked.. And regardless of him getting mad it's ur body and health protect yourself,
I have been with the same guy for 5 years.  No problems until 2 years ago.  Whenever we would have sex, I would burn and itch afterwards.  I thought he might be cheating on me.  Sure enough, he was.  Here we are 2 years later trying to work things out.  After he admitted to cheating on my, I went and got tested for EVERYTHING.  I told the doctor about the itching but everything came back clean.  It has progressively became worse.  I have a mild itch all of the time.  If I let him *** inside of me, it is horrible.  Here's the kicker though...It DOES NOT GO AWAY.  I have gone 3-4 months in terrible agony.  If I duche with plain yogurt, it gets back to the mild itching.  ANY thoughts are appreciated.  It is not a UTI, but feels like a horrible yeast infection but no more discharge than normal and no smell.  Doctors can't find anything.
I've experienced the same symptoms as many people have in this forum - burning during and after sex, frequent yeast infections and UTI's, sometimes bleeding during/after intercourse. After literally 10 years of struggle with this, I can now report that I am on the other side of this, and I would very much like to share with you what worked for me in the hopes that some of these solutions may work for you.

For treatment, after the fact: While I started out using traditional Western medicine (prescription antifungals and antibiotics), they actually stopped working for my body after only 1 or 2 rounds. Out of necessity, I turned to herbal and homeopathic treatments. Boiron Yeastaway worked amazingly well for the yeast infections, combined with a no-sugar, no alcohol diet. D-Mannose worked well for the UTI's combined with a no-alcohol diet as well. My body also responded extremely well to acupuncture for the UTIs.

Being able to treat the symptoms physically offered physiological relief, but I psychologically, I was a mess because I didn't have a clue *why* these infections kept occurring and felt completely powerless in the situation. Three different boyfriends struggled through this with me, one taking it personally, one blaming me entirely for the issue, and one accepting it completely but wondering if perhaps we had "different priorities" because I didn't seem to prioritize (painful) sex. After 10 years of this, and after finding the man of my dreams, let's just say I was highly motivated to prevent these symptoms from returning. Here's what I found:

(I'd like to preface by saying, this is what worked for me, my heart, and my body. If this doesn't resonate or you're already doing it, please keep on seeking your personal solution, because I believe its out there.)

What I needed was: love, patience, tenderness, and respect.

I've been with a LOT of partners who moved through things apparently more quickly than my body is capable of, and I always thought something was wrong with me physically or emotionally. Turns out, all I needed was a little more foreplay, time, and love. Foreplay that feels purely functional (i.e.purely to produce vaginal lubrication) doesn't (personally) get me there. And I can tell if someone's going down on me just to get me wet because they move faster and more mechanically. Loving foreplay is slower, softer, tender, and much more creative.

I've also been with a lot of partners who viewed sex as an act of pleasure for themselves, rather than as an act of love that they share, let alone give. While many, many men I've been with have valued me and my well-being, when they got going, it was clear that their top priorities were themselves, their personal pleasure, and bringing themselves to climax. In some ways, this is understandable, because the physical sensations can be quite consuming. But sex is a shared act, for mutual benefit. A man who genuinely prioritizes mutual benefit can focus through his personal pleasure and attune to you, your needs, your desires, and your heart.

I recently have had the opportunity to experience sex with a man for whom sex is an act of shared, mutual love. He is deeply attentive to me, my body, and my heart. Because of his attentiveness, I feel safe with him. Feeling safe softens my body and helps me lubricate much more fluidly. My current partner also spends ample time (and I mean like 30 minutes) loving me before vaginal intercourse is even up for contemplation. He does this a) for my own pleasure's sake, and b) to help ensure my body is well revved up before going in any deeper. When things do get to that point, he always asks for permission to come inside, with no strings attached, because he regards it as an honor to enter a woman's sacred space. If I do give him the green light, he goes in suuuper slowly, with lots of love, and lots of tender patience.

While we're having sex, if things start to burn, we just add saliva or coconut oil and things are much improved. If I notice that the dryness seems to come back a lot, I check in with myself and see if I'm holistically in the mood still for sex. It's taken me some time to learn how to respect my body and stop intercourse if my body is no longer interested in it. My current partner is the one who helped me learn how to respect my body; he always wants me to stop if things feel bad, and is often more upset than I am if I report that I was in pain after we finish. He is deeply, deeply ok with me saying, "Hey, I love you, and I think we need to stop for tonight." For him, this is a sign of respect, courage and love. I love him for this.

I hope any of these ideas help you all out.... you all deserve to experience a loving, pleasurable, and deeply gratifying sex life.

With much love,
J
Hi, this was an issue for me many years ago when i was a teenager. I never said anything but it felt like knives cutting me with every glide when he and i had sex, we dated for years. No doctor saw an issue and could not explain. He and i broke up and ran into each other about 10yrs later.  Same thing and it was an unreal experience....painful. Come to find out I was allergic to his pre secretion & sperm (semen).  No partner before or after him was an issue and I never dated him again because he was the issue.  Ok, He may not understand you, tell him to do his own research b/c it's real; not to be mad but a team player. To help you through it & to not make you feel to bame.  b/c he doesn't feel any pain he may make you feel as if the issue is being over exaggerating.  Go to WWW.GYNOB.COM for good info.  Good Luck :)
Men also carry Yeast and other STD's, both of you should go to a  free heath clinic, get tested and treated at the same time. Then let you partner know that  if he's messing around with another woman; without a condom (sometimes with), this vicious cycle will continue. In my 20's I went to my gynecologist every month and he never told me, until years later, (and after his nurse hipped me to it) that I was being re- infected by my BF . That insurance card money and test fees will have you going in for services forever, thus the free clinic, who's mission is eradication of communicable disorders,  not your pocket/money/insurance allotment.
run to the doctor...u have a STD
If he would leave you over sex then is he really worth your trouble? Just saying he should love you past that and want to help you through this difficult and painful experience. I know what your going through and it *****. This just started maybe a month ago. Every time I pee after sex with my husband it burns so badly I have to take a bath but then it usually feels better until after sex again.