Severe groin pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Severe groin pain

I am having really sharp pains on my right side in the groin area. It is so severe I have made 4 ER visits within the last 2 months. All of the test [echos, x rays, and ultra sounds] done show a pocket of free floating fluid but no one knows what it could be. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2003 so I know it is nothing to do with reproduction. This pain can come at anytime no matter what I am going but mostly in the morning. Can you help me?  
i dunno what to tell u but i had the same problom there was fluid in my side and it had been a cyst that bursted it had took them 4 years to diagnose me with haveing ovarian cysts they didnt know till i was in a great deal of pain and had went to the ER and thats what they found but since u dont ahve anything im guessing that u dont have ovarian cysts but maybe u can still get cysts there. idk. but anyways best of luck to u and im hoping that u are feeling better and that they find out whats wrong soon.