Severe pms
I was wondering if anyone has ever had such severe hormonal
Problems/pms every month that it interferes with your life? I've been to specialists and one thing
Has helped so far atleast ease my issues for most of the month now. Which
Is great because it used to be like I'd have pms all month. Anyway I got my hormones
Tested and one was way deficient so I've gotten that solved. However it didn't take away
Pms every month which is so severe that it makes me feels as though I am going insane
And I get so physically ill I miss school and work. Birth controls don't help.. They either intensify
The physical or emotional problems.. I'm feeling hopeless with this and it ***** because I can't
Seem to find help for this. If anyone has had similar problems please help
Hi there and welcome to med help.  Well, there is something called PMDD or premenstrual  dysphoric disorder.  The big difference between PMDD and premenstrual syndrome is the mood swings.  It is more intense with PMDD.  Physical symptoms are also still present.  A doctor can treat for PMDD.  Often antidepressants are used quite effectively.  Other things to do is to add vitamins to your routine and a doctor can help you with that as well.  Calcium is one that is often mentioned.  Chasteberry is a natural/herbal rememdy.  And also, diet and exercise are really key.  Exercising every day helps stabilize mood and releases the body's natural 'happy' chemical.  Good sleep also helps.

But in truth, I think you should pursue treatment for PMDD with your physician.  Very often when a woman suffers PMDD she has underlying depression or anxiety that the hormones trigger.  This should be addressed so that you don't suffer as you do.  good luck