Severe vaginal burning and dryness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Severe vaginal burning and dryness

I'm 27 and have been experiencing severe vaginal burning and dryness for 4 months. I went to urgent care for treatment and was given diflucan and it didnt put a dent in it, so I went back. I was given more diflucan and it didnt do anything. I waited to see a gynocologist and had a pap smear and STD test, went back for an HPV screen. I was negative for it all and was given diflucan by her as well. I went back to her a second time and she gave me a cream for a yeast infection after admitting she didnt see signs for one and didnt know why I would be burning. I asked about BV and she said I dont have the symptoms.  

I made an apopintment with a new gynocologist for next week but I'm so frustrated. It's hard to just make it through work because I am literally on fire all day long. It's so bad, its brought me to tears and nobody seems to want to help.

Anyone know of anything i can say to this doctor so I'm not sent home with more yeast infection medicine??
good move to get a new gyno why anyone would treat twice for an not seen yeast infection is beyond me...thats what diflucan is for too.If you see a discahrge that is rather thick and clumpy and white that is yeast, yeast typically itches like heck but not burning,,tell them you want a vaginal culture to determine the exact pathogen causing your discomfort and perhaps a repeat of the std scans.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I have no discharge at all.
I am having same problem, severe vaginal burning. First it was yeast, then BV vaginosos. Nothing has worked. I have an appointment Wednesday. I just want relief. Sex really hurts.