Severe vaginal itching!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Severe vaginal itching!

I have had severe vaginal itching for over a week now and little discharge. The first night I had so much itching that my vaginal lips actually swelled. I  went to the dr and they said i had a yeast infection. I used a sample of overnight cream that the dr gave me. The next day i was still not feeling better so i bought some over the counter 3 day treatment. My vagina was so raw from the itching that it burned too bad to use the cream. I called the doctor again and they prescribed diflucan. After a few days itching had subsided, but was still there. Finally went back to the doctor and they thought it could be a bacterial infection. They prescribed another overnight cream. Its been three days and im still not better and now i think i actually may have red bumps on the inside of my vaginal wall. Does anyone have any idea what this could be...and what can i use to stop the itching?
Could be trichomoniasis (I know I didn't spell that correctly).  Could be herpes.   Go to the gynecologist and have them swab you and test you. Hopefully that will help. I have been there, believe me, I feel your pain.  
as she said some kind of sexually transmitted disease more than likely. my sister has herpes and she gets sick to her stomach before a herpes outbreak. or a serious case of a yeast infection. i had one the whole time a yeast infection that is when  i was pregnant. the bump is some kind of disease i would say. my sis ter burns with a herpe bumps also.
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
gjjl commented on gjjl's status
gjjl I have a leak and now am ha... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals