Sex after D and C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sex after D and C

Hi, I had a d anc c last Tuesday and had no bleeding or pains prior to this. I only bled on the day after the d and c and then there was no bleeding again.  My fiance and I had unintentional unprotected sex 4 days after the d and c and now he is freaking out and worrying me that I could have gotten pregnant.  I wanted to give my body time to heal before we try again so I just want someone to confirm for me that there is no chance I could get pregnant so soon after?  Thanks in advance.

Actually yes - there is a chance of getting pregnant.  Usually doctors say to wait a few weeks to have intercourse after a d and c because of the possibility of infection and pregnancy as your cervix is still dilated.  
Awk. I want to have the best possible chance at having a successful pregnancy. See my doctors didn't tell me any of that. They just did the op and sent me home. I wasn't planning on having unprotected sex, the condom ripped. I'm going to get the implant but they didn't even tell me how long to wait before that. I'm really worried now :(
They should have given you post op instructions.  Hopefully everything will be ok.  I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress over it too much :)  Let us know how things go...
I went to the docs today and she also said there was a chance. She gave me ellaone which I'm now waiting for the chemist to have ready. And she said we should have waited at least a week.
hi dear
what is your problem can you explan it properly so we can advice you on what to do
I'm glad you went to the doc, not sure what the med is, but I hope everything works out good for you.  Hope you stick around the forums :)
i also had unprotected sex 4 days after my d and c but its been 6weeks sence and i havnt got my period yet.. I took a pregnancy test and it came back neg. My dr. Is out for 2 weeks im rly nervous!
i had the d and c to remove my paragard iud because it broke in my uterus....