Sex with birth control pill but no condom...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok, my boyfriend and I had sex yesterday. I'm on a birth control pill (Loestrin24Fe), but we didn't use a condom. I've been taking my pill for about 2 weeks (15 days, to be exact), and he ejaculated inside me. My question is: Am I safe from getting pregnant? I have not missed a day, I take it everyday within 1 hour of 7 PM (usually at 7, but one day at 9 PM), and I read that after a week of taking BCP, another form of birth control is not necessary. Also, I do not take any other prescription meds, though occasionally Advil/Excedrin for headaches, which I know do not interfere. Some feedback would be quite appreciated. Oh, and this is around the time I would normally (if not on BCP) be ovulating (about 1/2 way through.) Thanks!

Assuming you started the pill the Sunday after your period started, it should be effective after a week. If you started the day you got your period, it was effective from the start. And if you started any other time, you should wait a month before having any otherwise unprotected intercourse. So if you did either of the first two, you should be fine :-)
I started the first day of my period. Thank you very much for answering so quickly. I feel more reassured.
Actually, most pills can take up to 3cycles to fully start working. You should always use a condom or another form of bc when you are first starting out on the pill. If you do not get your period when you are supposed to, make sure you take a test right away. Because if you do get pregnant, you are still on the pill, you can have problems. Good luck- and keep yourself protected!!!
torque is right, back up for the first few months is the best way to ensure no pregnancy..but you are probably safe anyways.good luck!
I've been on the pill for almost 9 months now, what are the chances of getting pregnant if we don't use a condom during intercourse??
not high but it DOES happen. if you dont want to get pregnant. always use a condom!
Well i am currently on microgyen 20, i started my first month packet recently, i started on the first day of my period therefore i know i was covered straight away, my boyfriend and i have intercourse every now and then and he ejaculates in me, i took every hormonal tablet at 9:30 at night i did not miss any. However i got to my non hormonal tablets i got my period the second day of the non hormonal tablets, i continued taking them at the right time every day up until thursday night i went out and forgot about the non hormonal tablet for that day, i got home around 10:30 at night and went to sleep, i don't exactly know when i woke up but as soon as i woke up i took yesterdays non hormonal tablet, I'm guessing around 10:30am or so, then for Fridays non hormonal tablet i didn't take till 12 at midnight, i didn't know that they should have been discarded not consumed to avoid any confusion for the next days of the pill, anyway saturday night was the start of my new pack in the green section and it WAS a hormonal pill, i took it at 9:30pm, at the usual time i do take my pill, and i have not been using any additional condoms, what i would like to know is..? Am i still protected from pregnancy and could the pill be confused because i took 2 non hormonal tablets at the wrong time, And continued on my next packet at 9:30 at night is the effectiveness of the pill reduced? Or do i have nothing to worry about?
I had an abortion at 6 weeks, The doctor gave me ortho tri cyclen lo. However 2 weeks while still on the pill I had unprotected sex. What are my chances of becoming pregnant again?
Me and my girlfriend had sex about three weeks ago, and didn't use a condom (for the first time). She's on the pill, has been for over a year, and never misses one. Is the pill alone effective enough? She should have got her period around today, but hasn't.
If yur using the pregnancy pill for 1 month do yuh still need to use a condom while taking the pill??
I'm on microlite. At the moment i'm in my last week of taking the pack(3 pills left) I forgot to take the tablet last sat so on Sun I took two. But last night the condom split and I'm not sure whether or not to start the second pack straight away and skip my period if anyone has any advice. Thanks
my boyfriend and i had sex 19 days ago. we didnt use a condom because we didnt have one at the moment. but i have been on the pill for almost a year. he didnt come inside me, but is there any way i could be pregnant? i am supposed to get my period tomorrow, but im just freaking out and nervous that i wont get it. am i pregnant?
If you're on the pill and you take it correctly, as in you take it every day around the same time, you CAN have sex without a condom. The pill is contraception! You can use a condom too if you want to feel extra protected but the pill is to protect you from pregnancy. Yes there's still a small chance of getting pregnant but there is with all contraception. I would only recommend using the pill as your main form of contraception if you are in a long term relationship though. You're not protected from STI's on the pill. So as long as you trust your partner and you know you're both clean the condom isn't necessary. And all of this is what i've been told directly from a doctor, it seems too many people are ill-informed on these subjects and everyone should be given a better chance of learning about sex. Everyone deserves to enjoy a good sex life without having to stress and worry every 3 weeks before their period. Enjoy yourselves! :) sorry this has been a bit of a rant I just want people to know not to worry so much. I highly advise though if people really are confused about the pill they need to go and talk to their doctor about it because these are the people that can really help. But i hope I have helped at least one person or put someones mind at ease!
me and my boyfriend had sex 2 days ago id take first day contraceptive pill after sex is it safe?
I had a course of anti-bio-tics then waited a week....... Am I safe?
hi, iv been taking my Microgynon 30 pill for 15 days now, i was originally on the implant but had major problem and as soon i had tht out i was on the pill. i take it as soon as i wake up sometimes thats 7, 830 or even 11 oclock. last night was the fist time my other half ejaculated in me and now im concerned if im pregnant i also started the pill 2 weeks after my period... any comments or advice what be much appreciated???
I've been on the pill for 8days. And just had unprotected sex today where he came in me. Should I be worried?