Aa
A
A
Close
1422170 tn?1311481427
Sexually active? Define?
Hi,
So everytime I go to the doctors, they ask me if i am sexually active if it is concerning my vaginal health. And I always say no because I havent had vaginal sex before.
But I have given and recieved oral sex and had anal sex once. I am confused with different opinions. Am I sexually active or not?
I dont think I am? Help?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1809109 tn?1331807377
Usually they ask this because they want to know if you could have STDs or be pregnant or are at risk for either. You can get HPV in your anus and I know you can get certain STDs down your throat. So I think it would be good to clarify to your dr that you haven't had vaginal sex.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Doctors ask regarding sex because sexually transmitted diseases are transmitted during sex. But this does not mean vaginal intercourse alone. Sexually transmitted diseases can be transmitted by oral and anal sex also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
7 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1472427714
Blank