Sharp, knife-like pains in my vagina...what is it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My vagina has been getting very excruciating pains (almost knife-like) for the past few days.

They occur in short bursts (approximately one minute at a time) every hour-and-a-half or so.

Any suggestions or ideas on what this could be?
I forgot to add that I am definitely not pregnant, if that narrows down the results any.
It sounds to me like some kind of vaginal infection, it doesn't have to itch to be a vaginal infection.  I would see your doctor if I were you and ask for an examination/swab for infection.  

Does it occur around about your period or during the month?  If it happens all the time it is more likely to be a little infection, if not, it could be period related.

Are the pains more in the uterus or are they in the entrance area?  It could be nerve pains as they can be sharp.

I would check for infection though because all you might need are some tablets to sort it out.
The pains started occurring after my period.

They are sort of inside the actual vagina.

Lately, I have also been feeling a lot of nausea.  Mostly in the stomach.

Like all of the sudden I will start feeling VERY sick to my stomach for no apparent reason.
I have the same exact symptoms - even the nausea.  What was your diagnosis?
I wish i had an answer too because right now im having the same pain. and my stomach has been feeling wierd. but its not cramps down there. and i have had a lil diarhea (diarrhea) but its gone today. i hope we both get an answer!
As far as I remember from anatomy class, the vagina has no nerve receptors beyond the initial part.  So pain deeper down is not related to actual physical problems.  Deep pain may originate in the cervix (which has sensors and receptors), or may be of psychological origin (?)
I am having the exact same issue. Pain in my girlie area and nausea with lil diarhea (diarrhea). What is this?
i have pain in my girlie area too and im pregnant
im having the same problem. i have been reading on other websites that it can either be an infection or it can be a tear in your vaginal wall from either masturbating or foreplay with you partner.
i have been having these pains in my  cervix feels like a  knife in there  trning but its only when i move the wrong way i am trying to have a baby and i was wondering if it cold be a sign
I have that too, but I don't know what it is and my period is going for too long like I started before last tuesday and its now the next tuesday, and its not read its brown. It's not cramps but that sharp pain and I was on Trinessa birthcontrol pills but I missed a few. Could that be it??? I'm 17 and not pregnant.
You may be having an ectopic pregnancy, I had one in February and have a really long period which wasnt normal, then led to abdominal pains. I ended up being pregnant and having an ectopic pregnancy. Get checked out!
My girlfriend has been having the same problem, she's been to numerous doctors and is going to an OBGYN soon to hopefully get some answers. Every time we have intercourse she is scared and all it takes is one wrong move and she screams in pain and starts crying. So we've laid off sex for quite some time. I've been trying to research what may be going on with her and found a site similar to this where TeenHealthFX posted some possible answers. http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Sexuality/44376.html
So hopefully it's helpful, i know everyone is trying to find answers, just like me.
i am 19 years old and i have a 3 year old daughter. i believe i am pregnant now but i am not for sure. I have not been to the doc yet but i mite be 16 weeks but not showing yet well  just about 3 or 4 days ago ive been have these  sharp pains in my vagina knife like or some one cutting me but at first it was just like 1 day but today it has been constantly and it is getting worse and today i started bleeding now idk if that is bad but ive been on my period sense ive conceived and so idk if the pains are coming from the baby or do i really need to see the doc......please if any one knows what is going on comment please and thank you
my daughter as pain in her vagina and it hurts her really bad\.. what do i do about it.. it's like a sharp pain makes her cry..
When i had those types of pains i found out i had ovarian cyst.
hi im 24 years old with two children and ive been experiencing sharp pains in my cervix,its also affecting my periods,can anyone give me some advice plz
When i had pains like everybody here as well. i found out i had ovarian cyst. its not really much they could do bcuz its common and the cyst go away around your menstrual cycle. i get the pain before or after my period. I get in the hot tub and try to lay still
I'm 17 years old and I have these sharp knife like pains as well but i get the sparatically and in spurts. It hurts so bad and i dont get them around my period I just get them. I've asked my mom and female family members what it could be and the dont know, will someone please tell my why I'm in pain?
hi, i am experiencing real bad pains in my vagina they are soo sharp they lift me off my chair when i sit down i almost feel like i need to push down on my front end the pains are getting worse every month and my doctor wont help me  am really scared and dont know what to do as i nearly fainted one time i am not pregnant and dont have any stds as all thats been checked also i cant even walk becasue the pains are way too sharp can anyone advise me on this i am afraid something serious is happening to me and no one will listen to me xxxxxx
i am 16 years old and am experiancing the same pains sharp inside my vagina, it only occurs when i sit down or get up i dont know why an they have only occured for the last 2 days, does anyone know wjat it could be
I'm not pregnant but get the same symptoms.  The only thing I can put it down to is my polycystitis of the ovaries.
I get this too. My sharp pains are not as often as yours though. There not everyday.. maybe every couple of weeks or more. I also get nauses sometimes and I am not pregnant. Every month, a couple days before or after my period I get sick with a bad migraine. I have been told that I suffer from hormonal periods or something like that, because it does happen right after every period or before. I just had the sharp pains in my vagina, which is why I looked this up. It hurts and I can barely walk while this is happening. Pretty weird, I hope we can find the answer to this.
I also have been getting the same sharp stabbing pains, they are unbearable, they take you by surprise and stop you in your tracts :( I'm off to the doctors for another visit,the last time I went they thought it was Thrush "i think not" I hope we all get some answers and help soon.
I get the same pain but not inside. its like its in my bones in my vagina or the outer fleshy parts but just short sharp stabs that make me jump off my seat half the time. its pretty embarrassing when u have to whince thru the stabs &sharp poke feeling and someone asks if ur ok and u have to explain ur vagina hurts lol
im 17 weeks now bt when i was 8 weeks i found out i had a cyst on my right ovary...and now im having very sharp pains in my vagina area like stabbing pains does this has something to do with it??
Wish somebody had an answer. I'm at work dealing with this pain. I'm a phlebotomist. So it's really hard to draw patients with this going on. I had a colposkapy? a few months ago. They removed tissue from my right side. Which is where it's hurting : /
I have the same problem , I get them really sharp and I scream but it's only a few second long , I'm not sure whether it's got something do with my period , I don't keep track of when I have my periods to be honest!
Can someone help , I'm 15 plzz help
I have this too, did you get checked and find something out?  it's just on one side for me, and it is like you said, not the vagina, it's the outside fleshy part.
its UTI or urinary track infection. i had that too and i got recovered from that pain. but now i'm experiencing it again. because i always eat junk foods, and drink lots of softdrinks or harddrinks. and now i'm taking medicines again. it's better to go to doctor for check up, to use the right medicines. i'm also drinking lot's of water and buco juice, it really help in decreasing bacteria in vagina. and if ur experiencing this infection, please stop making love at the moment. coz it will make u more sick. sorry for my bad english. im not gud in it. hope this help u.
im 12, and my vagina hurts like hell when i go for a wee, im not pregnant, but i am scared because this is like my 2nd over-all proper period and it started earlier in the morning, but i put a pad on and through the day there was no blood but only when i go for a wee the blood comes out? im really scared and to embarrassed to ask my mum
I recentlly found out that i have ovarian cysts, and i have been hjaving these same pains. im only 13, and havent had a regular period at all. these pains come randomly, and lasts for a minute or two. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you
Same...wit me it feels like a tear at the opening... I went a week with the sharp pains... now its only during intercourse... pain hurts so bad not able to first... this is very hard for my husband and i... Got checked... normal pap... Uti maybe... dr says, gives antibiotic... then it comes back... taking the implanon birth control...
I been having the same pain it just started not 2 long ago an I really feel it wen I'm sitting down. I'm not pregnant. It kinda feels like a pinched nerve but like 1 of u said there isn't none
I know exactly what your feeling, i'm 32 and a mother of a 3 year old, my husban is deployed for almost 6 months now, and i have been having these pains since the 7th grade when i started my period. My mother and older sister have also had the very same thing. It's worse than a cramp in the vaginal area, it's knife like and even like it's in a vise, it's stabbing, shooting, i picture it like a lighting streak going through my lower half. It lifts me off my chair, it stops me dead in my tracks if im walking. i have had it during sex, even soaking in the tub, it's like have contractions, and i have been to the OBGYN for years, and thought maybe i have some kind of pelvic decease but that's not it. I have as i type right now. i am amazed at how many women go through this. however i do have a twisted pelvis and go to the chiropractor to correct it and so i wonder if that could be it for many of us. i also suffer from sciatica and have since the 7th as well, and sciatica and a twisted pelvis kinda go together with the muscles pulling at each other. my sister however has suffered from endometriosis and had a hysterectomy, but i don't have endometiosis. i don't know really what it is but i will say it's not getting any better with age.  
i am getting the exact samee pain i am only 13 ive had them abouta year now i recently havestarted my period but am still getting them and im in so much pain i am missing out school because of them.i have regualy been going to the doctors and hospital but they have no i dear what it is ive got so fed up with the pain it stops me from doing things can anyone help? i getthepains all day on and off they feel like stabbing pains up my vagina and its reallu uncomfortable
I have this same issue. sharp pains right above my uterus bone straight toward to my vagina.. I really hate them. it stops me on whatever im doing from pain. I also feel like im going to wet myself and  sometimes wet my self a little. its like I cant hold or something. also feeling sharp pains on my tubes and overys. i just got off my period 3 days ago. i have 3 kids and im 28 years old. plus my tubes are tied. I may be an urinary tract infection. i dont know.
and a lot of back problems
my vagina has been hurting  like it does when i come on my period, but there is no period. my body being having sigs like im on my period but im not, other than that, there has been no change in my body. there has been no unusal amount of discharge

What could be wrong with me
it could be an infection. i found out i had a bladder infection. and thats what been causeing all my problem.
could that stop a period from coming?
Uhmmm I just felt this once just now? I am eating chips and thought that maybe it didn't go down right and maybe it was just pointing into my belly , It feels kinda inside above my vagina but stopped now and only happened for a minute but hurt when I sat down , What kind of infection ? And possibly could I have it ? How do you get ride of it ? I am only 13 and haven't even hit my period
Please be mindful before suggesting that someone's pain is psychological. It is always the best practice to rule out physical causes of pain before pursuing a psychological diagnosis. I would hate this person to feel as if you have belittled their situation by minimizing the pain to being a figment of their imagination.
hi everyone, i have always had painful heavy periods however, the last few have been severe like many of you i have had the sharp pains through my lady bit my stomach is bloating to the extent i look 5 months pregnant. Its causing me pain during intercourse and i have got pains through my legs like a dull achy feeling. does anybody else have the same symptoms? I am 21 years of age.
it could cause your periods to be out of wack. it did mine
Same here.. I deal with mine  VERY TEMPTED TO SEE MY DOCTOR
I was telling my husband.. If this makes women feel better themselves  I know what your going threw and im so glad i can come here and know im not the only one with these problems.. I pray for  everyone of you to get threw this to. Butt i was telling him today because his stumach been giving him problems and he was being a big baby about it. That i wonder why god made womens body to go threw anything like pregnancy and pains such as these i read about and go threw myself. That we are so strong to go threw them and still be strong enough to live life and be happy. and god made men strong you know. And what we go threw could kill them If they had to go threw what we go threw. I dont know if anybody understood that. But in my head it made since. And he agreed :)
Sharp pain in vigaina and sharp pain in lower tummy?Im 22 years old ?
omg I wish this was solved! I am also having these pains, and nausea has been going on for about 3 months, daily. Am NOT pregnant. I am having a hydascan tomorrow, to check the functioning of my gallbladder, but how on Earth do the two connect? Someone HELP!
I had this type of pain also. Eventually figured out it was kidney stones.
Did you find out what was causing your pains?  I've been getting them too.  Holy crud, they stop me in my tracks, make me feel sick to my stomach and I just need to absolutely relax to make it go away~  NO fuN!
I WOULD SAY YES YOU NEED TO GO TO THE DR.IT COULD MEAN A NUMBER OF THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER BLEED WHILE BEING WITH CHILD.I MADE THAT MISTAKE AND I NEVER WENT TO THE DR.3 MO LATER I WENT IN AND FOUND OUT THAT I WAS 6 1/2 PG WITH A TUBLE BABY I WOULD GET CHECK A.S.A.P
Hey guys. I just thought I would Pop in and tell my story. I had, and still do have these problems and a while ago went to the gynecologist to get it checked for possible endomitriosis. Turns out that these are natural in some women, kind of like how some women get cramps while others don't. I wouldn't be completely alarmed unless the pain continues after you end your period. I do however recommend getting it checked out just to be sure my doctor didn't mislead me! Good luck to you all and may mother nature be kind!
You should go to an OBGYN Specialists and get a Pelvic Ultrasound to see if there is anything causing the pain.
My mom woke up and she felt horrible pains in her vaginal area and she felt like throwing up. She was just crying and yelling jn excruciating pain. And we put a heat pack on it and it calmed down a little bit and after it was calmed down she got a feeling that she wanted to throw up.
Try eating a diet for Ibs. Irritable bowel. All the symptoms point to that. Seems like it is more of an obgyn problem but the cramps the nausea the diarrhea. Same as me and once I cleaned up my diet it goes away.
Could it be an STD.?
don't worry just pray about at the beginning is normal for a period to stop for a few months than it will come back this time every month. it happen to me when i was your age. don't drink too much soda or sweets many woman don't take it seriously but it is soda can weaken your immune system now or later but will happen and hopefully you don't end up diabetic. good luck don't be afraid to ask anyone one else, in case you don't feel like asking your mom.
Hey danni, I really sympathise with you for I had really bad pain when I went to the toilet for years and didnt say anything. I had started my periods around the same time too, except i was 9yrs old. The best thing you can do is talk to your mum, she is a girl too and should be very understanding about these types of problems.

I found that I was suffering with Cystitis and It can be helped by an over the counter medicine from the pharmacy. (I cannot guarantee this is exactly the same so i do advise that you see the doctor).
When I went to the doctor with my mum about these problems, my mum told her for me.

I hope this helps you.
Hi just wondering if you found a diagnosis for your symptoms asI have the same ones. I spent 2 days in hospital to no avail. Ive had a hysterectomy a year ago but do have one ovary left and everyone seems to be suggesting a cyst on the ovary. Have you been checked for that?
Some advice: drink 100% natural cranberry juice with no artificial additives.  Such as; food coloring, dyes, preservatives (which are designed for the sole purpose of keeping food/drinks fresh, increase shelf life, and increase their sales margin - which may be harmful on a long term basis).  The best way to get the most nutrients that your bladder will need is to drink organic juice. The naturally occuring fructose and proanthocyanidins in cranberries work as a barrier against bacteria, keeping them from taking hold in the walls of the bladder.
please research Pelvic Floor Muscular Dysfunction- it took many doctors and years of chronic pain to finally receive a diagnosis and treatment plan...research the Center of Vulva Vaginal Disorders in D.C.
this is the same with me... i am a 14 year old girl and it hurts only when i touch it but it is very sore and can make me cry, i have not told my mum or doctor i wouldn't want to but i told my 16 year old sister and she does not know what it is and she has never had it my mum is a nurse and i may tell her i just hope she can help me with this problem.
I get the same pains usually around the time of my period, mostly when I'm ovulating. Go get checked. I get the pains because of ovarian cysts, and when my ovaries release the egg it hurts, bad. So go get checked. I also had the pains before my cysts came along, but only once or twice a year. My doc said some women just get pain when they release their egg. Hope I helped!!
if ur peeing blood and have alot of burning when u urinate then u have a urinary tract infection or kidney infection. The only way to get rid of it is to go to the doc or emergency room and a doc will prescribe u antibiotics.  I have a uti right now and im on antibiotics.
Omg I have the same pain,for about 2years now, i am 31 and hav a 2 yrs old daughter,I have done a transvaginal ultra sound and yet nothing,the pain comes sometimes but is worst during my period,right now I have this burning pain and sharp pain,last month   I thought I was pregnant because I always felt like throwing up,the pain  and  goes to my anus,I went to see an obgyn on the ist of nov and she said ,she can't see anything wrong,am going to keep praying  and going to the hospital until I get a result
if i was you hun i would change gp iv been like this on and off for years my gp told me for a year it was ibs pain untill i saw a diff gp and was sent to hospital for scans to find out i had cyst emdermistoisis sorry about spelling i ended up having surgery to remove it and drain cysts a year ago but my pains came bk again another scan showed more cysts so please get check again by another gp
Hi, this is happening to my daughter too she is 9. What did you find out??
Your anatomy knoledge *****.
i am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnate and all day today i have been getting these sharp pains like it's my vigina (vagina) hole is this normal?
and i just had surgry right not even a month before i got pregnate for indmetroies
I am 33 and having sharp pain in my vagina like i am being stabbed with a sharp knife. I know I am not Prego cause I no longer have my ovaries or uterus. It hurts to have intercourse very painful. I cannot get answers anywhere i turn.
I have the pains real bad and im 38 had 3 children many years Go and a partial hystorectomy many years ago. They will get so bad they make me cry. I have fallen several times. The Dr says I have ovarian systs. And that is common. But these pains are severe in nature and they have no suggestions. Well thats all I have left. But when I fall from the pain, they treat me for the fall. Its bad and im at my wits end with it.
Im 18... Recently I have been getting sharp pain when I urinate.... Now days... It hurts inside my vagina tooo... I don't know what to do! Please help
I had a sharp pain when I moved wrong. It only happened 3 times but in the same day. I stopped taking birth control cause I was bleeding while on it. I had 2 periods in one month. My boyfriend and I are trying to conceive can I be pregnant?
I had a s pain in My vagina the past few days.  stopped taking birth control about   6 mouth a go but as not had a  periods in 6  month.

d

cause I was bleeding while on it. I had 2 perioin one month. My boy
I'm currently trying to get pregnant I'm getting nausea, really sharp pains in my vagina and stomach. I no I'm not pregnant tryed several test. And I've also been very blocked up from going to the toilet. Please help
Hellow, i am desperate i have the same problems for two month now plus my back is killing me...i went to see my doctor at least 5 times and they still have no idea what is wrong with me...did you found out what was the problem?

greeting from Slovenija
I am 65 and have been getting the same knife sharp pain  for a number of years..I have been to doctor and they say all is well..They did not do any test but pap smear which came out ok ..It is funny it happens allot when I sit down in the car but not always but alway sitting down..I have no idea and have not had sex for a year and a half..Wish I had a answer..Wish someone has a answer..
I have the same pains :( and I have had all the swabs etc they tell me there's no infection but right now I'm sat here with a hot water bottle again in agony. I have no water infection, am upto date with smears etc and all clear wish someone could give me some answers :'(
oh my goodness i got told the same thing!!!!
im going back today
I found out i have a uterine deformity when i was pregnant with my first. It's a bicornuate uterus - I found out a couple years ago i have pcos, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I gave birth to my 2nd 10 mo's ago via c-section and had numerous issues afterwards with incision not closing, infectiom, etc. While pg with her i had these pains, they were so bad, i could nearly tolerate it. I was diagnosed with spd, symphis pubis dysfunction, i believe - they sai dmy ligaments were stretching and becoming detached or something, like they were just 'floating' iiidk, anyways.. truth be told, i never went to my post check up. We had recently moved 2 hrs from home and i was so tired having my hubby miss work to drive me back and forth while i was havin issues healing. I bled for month straight, at least 8 out of the last ten months. I found that odd because after having my son i didn't have  a period for a year. I have ovary pain quite freqently but have grown to dismiss it.. its recently that i've grown more concerned. My period, a month or so ago seemed lik eit was going back to a monthly cycle bu tthen i started bleeding, but this time brown - i've been bleeding this gross brown color for the last 3 wks and was woke up last night from excruitiating inner vaginal pain. Its been like this before but not this bad, i just wanted to curl up almost holding 'myself' because its hurt so bad today. I've been the universitys guinea pig with no results in the past and im so tired of no answers. Idk what to do because theres only a small dinky clinic near our new town now and i highly doubt the dr there will know either. Both my grams, paternal and maternal have had hysterec. My maternal had one because she had bled like i am, had a biopsy that tested positive for cancer. My paternal was fairly young and was bleeding profously - they dont know what had caused that. I have a cousin whos had ovarian cancer and has been diagnosed some time ago with endometriosis. Is there anyone who has found out whats causing this? Im a 25 yr old sahm with 2 young children and this pain is interferring with all our lives! Any advice or knowledge regarding this or what to do dr wise? Any ways to cope? I've tried hot baths, tylenol/ibpr etc but doesnt seem to help. Oh an dthe brown bleeding?? When that started awhile back itd last like a wk before transitioning into red sometimes clotted blood..but this month has just been brown, for the entire month straight with no end in sight..ugh, plz help :( im so miserable
Have you had a laparoscopy done to confirm you don't have endometriosis? Having lived with the disease for a decade your experiences sound extremely familiar and I know that feeling like a guinea pig *****, but sometimes being a guinea pig one more time is what it takes.
I have endometriosis myself and have had episodes of prolonged bleeding that were likely the result of endometrial cysts popping or issues with endometrial lining itself and my bleeding was often that dark brown; just had a 12 day episode in April exactly like that.  The vaginal pains sound an awful like Vulvar vestibulitis (VVS) or Vulvodynia both are pain conditions that occur in the vulvar area, externally in the labia, clitoris basically the entire  are as well as causing pain internally in some people. Both are linked to heightened nerve activity, hyper sensitive nerves in the area or more than the 'normal' amount of nerve down there. As well as potential links to Endo and other gynecological and urological issues, VVS and Vulvodynia can be a constant pain, intermittent or just random occurrences. Another possibility is pelvic floor dysfunction- most women w/this condition have pelvic muscles that are too weak, but the opposite can occur where the pelvic floor muscles are too tight and can cause internal pain as well. There are physical therapists who specialize in internal pelvic dysfunction and treatments are available, tho uncomfortable they do help many people.
Lastly, interstitial cystitis (IC) is a bladder disorder that can cause what feels like internal vagina pain as well and is often overlooked when a patient has a known gynecological issue. I have endo, VVS and IC and the IC was actually causing most of my problems but because I was diagnosed with endo and VVS no one thought to look at urinary causes until I was placed into a medically  induced  menopause at 24. It had stopped my cycle and I was receiving treatments for VVS, unsing Lyrica and Elivil, an antidepressant used to treat nerve pain, as well as a capsaicin topical in an effort to force my vaginal area nerves to be less active/sensitive. However I was still in pain so the doctors sent me to a urologist who also treats pelvic dysfunctions and we discovered that IC was causing a larger majority of the problems. I'd spent 4 years being told that the endo and VVS couldn't possibly be causing the pain because I was being treated for them, so was making up the pain- in reality the doctors had just missed a piece of the puzzle that wasn't being treated. Many gynoclogical and urological disorders have been proving to be more closely linked than previously thought so its something that you might want to bring up with you doctor(s). I had to go through many docs before I found one but it was worth it in the long run (5 years later) to know that there was more going on then what the original doctors thought. They just didnt factor in possibilities outside their field of expertise. IC is treatable with medication, such as elmiron and pyridium as well as bladder washes which vary from dr to dr but generally involve putting lidocaine and other liquids via catheter to help sooth the inflamed bladder/urinary tract.
Also, topical lidocaine can do wonders for the vaginal knifing/burning/irritation, something quick and easy to ask your doc about.  Sometimes I use a compression pack to help as well; basically cod oil soaked rag with lavender oils that you heat in the oven, wrap it in a dry towel and apply it to the effected area; I have no idea why this helps, but seems to. You can find directions just by googling compression packs or lavender compression packs and its so etching women have been using for generations for female problems. When I was looking to the ingredients the first time I made one the 60+ y/o clerk about had a heart attack because it was what her mother had used back in the day.
Feel free to contact me if there's anything else I can help with. I spent a lot of time learning about these sorts of disorders because I was the first in a group of about 7 people who eventually all came down with the exact same disorders. I was the guinea pig for both my doctors and my friends! :-)
Y'all need to look into vulvar vestibulitis (VVS) and Vulvodynia. The descriptions of y'all's symptoms fit with both disorders. There are many heroes but most believe it has to do with and order abundance of nerves in the vulvar region or nerves that are hyper sensitive. There are treatment options for both. It sounds horrid but the most effective is a topical cream with capsaicin in it that you apply to the vulva. You apply topical lidocaine, let it help numb the area, apply the capsaicin cream and ice the area for about 15 minutes before removing the cream. It's painful at first but it gets easier the longer you use the cream. The compound I have now is about 2% capsaicin I believe, but it's way too low. I'd need to get in touch with a specialist in Philly to get the original compound which was much stronger and far more effective.
**Many THEORIES not heroes. Idk what exactly happened there! Stupid spell check!
I'm fifteen and about two days into my period i started getting sharp pains inside my actual vagina, they can be speradic and often so painful i cry out and i' really worried as i dont know what to do and i have a low pain tolerance, i've been dealing with them over the past three days but i'm still on my period, can anyone find a specific diagnosis or solution?
Like everyone else I'm suffering and in pain as well. I had cervical cancer cells removed a few years ago and was having the same problem then. Only this time the pain is more excruciating. Go to the doc for a pap in two weeks. Wonder what's going to happen
im 15 years old and i am having the same thing, it just happened when i was standing up brushing my teeth. when it happens usually if you "push out" it will make it feel better. but it hurts so bad i screamed earlier when it happened . i have had alot of digestive problems like h pylori, but im cured of that. i dont know what to do
I have been having VERY sharp pains in my vagina. for about a year now. Only on my period though. and only when I....uhm poop:P lol but like excruciating like crying out in pain grabbing the door handle dropping my $200 phone on the tile floor because it hurts so F******* bad. I'm sixteen and when this started occurring I was NOT sexually active. I am now and they havent worsened or gone away. my period is very very light and this only really happens when I poop or HAVE to poop. lol if someone could help me itd be really appreciated
PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING LIKE TIS SIMPLE ANSWER BUT IN MOST OF THESE CASES IT IS GAS STUCK IN UNLIKELY CASES IT STARTED WITH ME OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO, SOME HOW GAS HAS GOTTENINTO THE PARTS THOUGH SEX ORAL SEX OR PERIOD MECHANISM, I GUARANTEE YOU THAT MOST WOULD FEEL BETTER WIITH SOEM SORT OF ELGERSELZER TYPE MEDS, THE PAIN CAN BE SHARPOR DULL, IN THE TOP OF THE UETERUS SIDE OF VAGINA WALLS LOWER AND UPPER, NOT SURE IF THE PAIN RADIATES OR IF GAS IS IN ACTUAL AREA, BUT ONCE I KNEW THIS IT MADE THAT EXTREME PAIN MORE TOLERABLE...GOOD LUCK IT SOUNDS SIMPLE BUT THE PAIN IS NOT
Well I too have those same sharp pains in my vagina and anus.. I was just diagnosed with vulva cancer.. Rare but true.. Ladies get checked
I have the same thing random excruciating knife-like stabbing pains in the cervix, not always every day but often and some times a few times a day when i do have them- and not related to my period, or pregnancy, sex can be painful and i cant let my cervix be touched or it will happen, I am also one who does have VERY bad periods and i am on a non hormonal perscription for just my period, dont know if that effects it.. since theres nothing else wrong with me, 2 obgns have told me it is spasms. and that there is nothing that can be done, and to just live with it. its been  its been 10 years. i had them less often when i was off hormonal birthcontrol and when i was pregnant and post partum. but now that im daughter is 2 i'm having them again.    I hate to say it but if you don't have an infection or a cyst that can be takencare of with meds or surgery they will tell you to just live with it... most of womens medicine is still dark-age style barbaric like taking biopsies where they cut pieces out of your body and dont even numb you first.. i think if men had to live with something like this there would have been a cure yesterday. we need more women in charge so that they will stop making boner pills and help us women who are living with pain like this.
I'm 15 and mine is so painful. I can't move without crying , it's so bad. It goes away then comes back minutes later. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not sexually active , I'm still a virgin. Last night I thought I was going to vomit then I had stomach cramps then this morning it's in my upper vagina every time I move / walk / breathe my period is due in about 10 days
Hey Ladies! ive been having constant cramps in my vaginal area and sometimes in my lower abdomen and back. I haven't started my period, I should start sometime next week. Last month my period was a little werid it was brown discharge with a pale pink blood for about 2 days and the rest of the cycle was blood. would this be any sort of infection? early sign of pregnancy?
i am 55 years old and past menapause....i have had this before....but tonight it is so painful in my lower right side....like a stabbing pain, sometimes throbbing....with shooting/stabbing pain in my vagina and sometimes the rectal area....getting scared and nervous....calling the dr. tomorrow.
i it bad
Sitting in a hot tub of water may help or sitting on a heating pad set on low

I have the same pains. I found out about a month ago that I have a cyst on my right ovary and in the last 4 days I've experienced this sharp pain several times a day as well. I was hoping it meant I was pregnant, but after reading all of these comments, I'm beginning to think that I'm not :-(. I am supposed to have the cyst checked out again in another month. Good luck everyone! Being a woman sux sometimes!

I am also having these same problems and have had them for the last 8 years.. I found a website that might be very helpful to all the women on here..  http://www.med-health.net/Sharp-Pain-in-Vagina.html Its got all kinds of helpful tips!
Im 16 and I asked my wemon family members. My mom made me an appointment for the end of the week because it happens at random times. Im not on my period and never got pregnant either. I looked up it could be an infection that is only suppose to happen to women once in a while.
I'm 65 and I also have shooting pains up my vagina.  I've had a complete hysterectomy ten years ago.  Went to GYN.   Was told tissue in vagina were shrinking and could and would cause some pain.  Was given estrogen cream to insert nightly.  This could be a two-fold problem.  Shrinking tissue and small bladder stones.  Small enough to pass but very painful.  I first noticed the pain while on a long driving trip.  Blood in urine and shooting pain.  Urine was tested.  did not show any stones.  Of coarse I could have already passed the small stones before urine test.  I take a probiotic in the am with Aloe Vera and Organic Pomegranite juice.  Drink tons of water.  Limit the caffeine and do NOT sit for too long a time.  Hope everyone gets some relief.  I have not had sex for more than two years.  It hurt to bad.  Best wishes.
I think you all need to get someone to look at it carefully and than give you a nice orgasm.... sorry that you all are having pain in your vagina.... I Love vaginaaaaaa a lottttttt :)
I am having the same thing. I am 41 and n menopause. I suspect and am researching uterine prolapse, My pain just started this morning and walking is excruciating, but the pain is constant. Did you have any excessive gas? I am a med student and understand the physiology of the female reproductive system.
I have shooting pains sometimes but they only last seconds. I just recently had some today. I've been having other problems too(asked about them on here but no reply). I'm going to the dr in a couple weeks to find out and will mention or ask about these.

I was hoping there would be an answer on here from someone who seen a doctor as I want to know what to maybe expect.

Although I've had these pains in the past they just recently(like today) started. It's like a muscle spasm or something like it hurts then releases if you get what I'm saying.
I had this today and i totally freaked out. These excruciating pains were really bad in every position i was in and they lasted for about 5 minutes straight. I hobbled to the toilet and it wasn't my period or anything so i was even more freaked out because i didn't know what this was at all. The pain eventually subsided and i was back to normal. This has only happened once and the pains were around the uterus and vagina area. I'm so freaked out i just hope it's nothing that can't be fixed!! This whole cyst thing is freaking me out i just hope that whatever i ahve it subsides. I'M 15 BTW AND AM NOT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN SEXUALLY ACTIVE!!
Amen sister!!!! Finally someone who knows what I am talking about when I say I am having stabbing pains in my *****!!!
i have had these same exact pains for a couple years on and off. in the stomach and vagina, and like. the entering of the vagina, it all hurts. just shooting pain. i had excruciating pain once during sex, and it got so bad that i went to the Hospital. turned out, i had a cyst on my left ovary. and my partner had bursted the, cyst sack. it's embarrassing .. but it happened to me. so if anyone is feeling that pain. its more than likely a cyst. or cysts.