Sharp Leg Pain in front leg, just below the knee
I have been experiencing a very sharp pain in my right leg just under the knee on the front of the leg, right on the bone it seems, when kneeling or bending down.  It almost knocks me over it is so sharp.  When I straighten up it immediately goes away.  Today, I forgot about it and kneeled down to get something that fell off the desk and I can still feel the throbbing.  It is getting better, but I have a high tolerance for pain, and I am concerned that a Droctor's visiti is in order.  I just don;t have the time to go if it is nothing serious.
Number of conditions can lead to pain in the shin and edema in ankles and lower limbs. Diabetes is one of the most important cause. Please get your blood sugar levels evaluated to rule out diabetes.

It can be due to peripheral artery disease (PAD). In PAD, fatty deposits build up in the inner linings of the artery walls. These blockages restrict blood circulation, mainly in arteries leading to the kidneys, stomach, arms, legs and feet. This can cause pain and swelling in shin and ankles. Diagnosed by X-ray angiography and magnetic resonance imaging angiography (MRA).

Another important condition causing this type of sensation is nerve compression. You may need tests like Nerve Conduction Velocity to find it out. Other possibilities are overweight, venous insufficiency (when the veins in your legs are unable to adequately pump blood back to the heart) ,heart failure, kidney failure, or liver failure and arthritis like gout or rheumatoid arthritis.

I feel that a clinical evaluation and investigations are needed in confirming a diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.