Sharp pain in navel when pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sharp pain in navel when pregnant

Just looking for some reassurance.  my daughter is 16weeks pregnant and says she's been getting a sharp pain in her belly button, is this a normal thing or should she see the doctor?

Thank you
hi this is normal i had the same thing with all of my pregnancy's my Dr said it was perfectly normal and not to worry it is caused by your skin stretching and the bub growing and as it gets bigger your daughter will find that bub will kick right on the navel but tell her not to worry it dosn't mean that there a problems as i now have 5 beautiful kids