Sharp pains after sexual intercourse, whats the cause of this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Everytime my boyfriend and I begin to have sex, it hurts, but only for a few minutes. But afterwards, like a couple hours or even the next day, I get super bad sharp pains in my vagina, and they last for about a couple minutes. But sometimes they are very painful. I once fell walking up the stairs becuase I got a sudden pain. And everytime we have sex, the pains seems to be worse. What could be the cause of this?
Go and see a doctor.  You could have an STD or you aren't getting 'wet' enough to start off with and then are doing friction damage.  This is where lube may help but only if there is nothing else wrong.
Reading this describes my situation perfectly. One time after my husband and I had sex it was so painful, I felt paralized. I couldn't move. I also get sharp stabbing pains off and on and sex is a painful thing for me as well. I have been to several doctors over the past 4 years, I have had several ultrasounds, vag. exams, my paps are always norm. I still to this day don't know what's wrong with me. It's frusterating. You might want to see if you have endometriosis though, or cysts anywhere. If you find out whats wrong with you let me know. ***@****