Shooting pain through vagina and anus
I have sharp shooting pains through my vagina and anal area.  They only last a few seconds.  The build and peak like labor pains.  Say I'm in the kitchen and I'll feel it coming on so I have time to brace myself.  I'll set down whatever it is i'm holding and get ready.  I have to cross my legs, bend my knees, hold on to something, clench my body tight, and try to breathe.  Thank God it only lasts a few seconds.  My 14 yr. old son witnessed it yesterday and tried to call 911.  I kept signaling him not to.  I knew it wouldn't last long.  My gyno. didn't understand me when I tried to explain it to her.  What is going on?  Has anyone else experienced this kind of unbearable pain?  If the pain lasted even a min. I feel like I would just pass out and die from the pain. Honestly, it's worst than labor pains.  I never know when it's going to occur.  And when it does happend, I have to be standing to get through it, I can't be sitting.  I've also noticed that after the pain passes I'm out of breath and dizzy.  What is going on?  What should I be tested for?  Also, I've had a stabbing pain on my right side of my stomach under my rig cage.  It seems to move around the area.  Cannot take a deep breath in or yawn without tremendous pain.  Does anyone have an idea about what that could be?  Thankyou ahead of time to those who respond to my questions.
I got this problem once about two weeks ago. It was while I was on my period. I had such bad pains in my butt it hurt to bad to go to the bathroom.. my sister said it happened to her once to, also while she was on her period. This is the only time its happened, and why to I only get the shooting pains during my period? Also when I'm off my period my right lower side kind of hurts.
Does anyone know whats happening?
I'm only 15
I suffer the same shooting pains like electric shocks through the vagina and anus and into my stomach.I do suffer with intestinal problems and thought that it may be related to that ,as mine normally occurs when i have cramps in my lower left intestine .but on reading your comments im thinking it may be something to do with ovaluation ? Idont thinkit is wind/gas as i can suffer with trapped wind on occassion and  the pain is different
I also get these intense waves of sharp shotting pain in my vaginal area- it is like right where the "lips" are- the pain is so strong it feels like contractions to me. I was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer and had surgery. I have had these pains for years, however it has gotten worse lately. I will see my gynecologist in 2 weeks for my cancer follow up- I will ask her about it and let you all know.  
I have those shooting pain in the vaginal and anus too, just that it happens sometimes when I pee. I don't know whether it is just gas/wind or something else that I should be concern about. Any feedback will be much welcomed. Thanks.
This has happened for my last 3 or 4 periods.  Just when I'm on my period.  It hurts to pee or poop, and when I'm just sitting and lying down, there is a super sensitive burning sensation in my vagina and anus.  And I feel like my vagina is spasming, sometimes with greater frequency than others.  It was really bad last night and this morning it's still there, but not spasming so much.  Just hurting to go to the bathroom.  I tried to get into my gynocologist when it was happening, but have not been able to make it in when it's actually going on.  It feels like my vagina is more engorged than normal, too.

This is NOT gas.  That is a very different pain, and more in the abdomen.  This one is a more specific shooting pain in the genitals.  Mine isn't as severe as the first poster above.  I have some menstrual cramps as well that feel a little lower than the old cramps I used to get.  But it does go away when I'm done with my period.  This thing only lasts a couple days or so.  I hope somebody gets some answers soon and shares with the group.
Well I've had a hysterectomy and I still get these pains so I don't think it has any thing to do with your cycle. As i've gotten older 46 the episodes last longer, the worst an hour!!!OH MY GOSH! I just want to find some thing to stop this pain........it really is awful.
I too have suffered these terrible pains. I described them to doc as a terrible pressure that builds up in the rectum and vagina. For one year I timed them and they did occur around menstruation. I had every gyn tests imaginable (sonograms, laproscopy, mri, etc...)and all negative. ....Then I mentioned to my gastro interologist...BINGO-I have just been diagnosed with IBS-he said this is a classic complaint- (Severe menstrual cramps, sharp pains, ovarian cysts production) and he gave me meds to relax the colon. After years of this HORRIBLE pain that truly stops you from breathing...this appears to be giving relief. I also try to press on something hard (tennis ball and lie on floor) when the pain is sharply intense....but thus far.....haven't had a bad episode (moderate ones) since the meds. You place this med under the tongue when you feel an onset of nervous/crampy tummy....it then relaxes the spasm in the colon.  I also found out that I do have a minute ovarian cyst, but during cycle it swells just enough to press on nerve in pelvis area and thus the sharp rectal pain that makes you stop breathing/brings tears to your eyes......Hope this helps!
My mom is going through this pain for a couple of months and doctor's can't find anything wrong with her, she has severe rectal,vaginal and abdomen pain can u please tell me what medication u got from your doctor's
hi, i have experienced pain on one side of lower abdomen during midcycle & know it is ovulation pain; yesterday night, i felt that same ovulation pain [or] discomfort; in addition to that, for the first time, i experienced some shooting pain [or] something like electric shock waves through my vaginal path; i was confused if it was in my vaginal path [or] urinary path.
i think the pain is connected to ovulation!
i have also had these pains and didnt know this many other women had them. it is not plain old gas. its like when it happens i have to lift my butt off of whatever im sitting on because it hurts worse if im sitting. i have had lots of ruptured ovarian cysts and random bleeding also. it has recently been happening a lot and i have an appt next monday. i guess what bothers me the most is that these doctors test you for one thing and when it comes back negative they give up. it seems like they pick out the easiest symptom to go along with a condition or disease and ignore everything else youre saying. i said to these nurses probably 4 times about my bleeding, pain in my lower back, and vaginal pains and all i get is "so youre here for your annual?"
I am experiencing these same pains, but am going through a miscarriage (naturally). The doctore prefers natural to a DNC.  Could this have something to do with it? I am assuming so since I have never had these pains. Any suggestions?
I've had the same pains but not as often as some of you. I too think it's muscle spasm(but could be referred pain) caused by what ever is happening in the abdominal area, be it menstruation or gastro. I'm not dead yet and don't believe it's anything sinister.
Your comment, as well of the rest of the ladies, has been really helpful to me. For about two years now I have experienced an occasional dastardly and mysterious pain. I thought that I was alone and am excited to find out more info. I have rather painful heavy  irregular periods and if the pain was merely abdominal and vaginal I would not suspect something too extraordinary. But the anal pain has come as quite a shock. When it happens I grip an object and brace myself until the pain subsides..

Being that I have no medical insurance I have been remiss to go chasing phantom pains through the myriad labrynths of modern medicine.
Has anyone noticed that NO doctors have said diddly about the questions in here?
I have been having these same shooting pains for years. Of course I come and look for answers online when I'm feeling ill. Not finding any answers I get frustrated. Anyway it's sad but nice to know that many of us are hurting the " same " way. I know that my pains are not related to my period or gas. Just that I have to stop what ever I am doing and not yell. My daughter knows the look I get and knows that mommy is hurting. I pray she never gets pain as bad as these ones.
I too have this pain.  I am going through a severe episode as I type and was looking online to see what this was!!  I have endometriosis which caused severe abdominal pain during ovulation and monthly cramping.  I am now on Depo and have no period or abdominal pain.  My Gyno said that this pain I am feeling is not an endometriosis pain. I do not have pain in my anal area.  It feels like someone is taking a sharp knife and stabbing me in the opening of my vagina.  It causes me to stop whatever I am doing and just try to fake not being in pain (as is often happens at work).  I have noticed that it does happen more frequently when my bladder is full or has been full at some point (taken too long to go to the bathroom).  Earlier today I put off going to the bathroom at work until the last minute.  I then started getting these stabbing pains and went to relieve myself.  Now it is several hours later and my bladder is not full but the pains are here.  I wonder if they are related?
I agree with you the most msnique.. it usually happens at work while I'm sitting at my desk.  My co-worker also has this happen to her.  It's like a really sharp stabbing pain right at the base of my vagina and radiates only a little up from that but makes you gasp for breath it's so sharp and sudden.  Like you just sat on a knife.  And it throbs and shoots for a while like a knife is stabbing you.  It's NOT like labor or gas pains at all!!  It doensn't help to adjust your seat or anything..it just seems to runs it's course while you suffer the attack.  I find that it happens when I am a bit dehydrated without thinking about it.. and I haven't peed (now that I think of it).  Especially if I was out the night before  drinking alcohol.  I was just telling my coworker that as I was gasping for a breath while going through an attack the other day.  I think it must have something to do with the urethra. Doctors are NO help at all!!  I try to tell my doc stuff like that and they think you are a crazy woman.  I guess we should take matters into our own hands and do what comes natural.. sometimes "pushing" like you are pushing out a baby helps a little but you have to try not to be obvious when at work.  This **** hurts.. there a hundred pills to make men have harder dicks,.. but women suffer on and on!  Not only do i have to have a gross period, now I have to feel as if someone is stabbing me in the crotch with a knife.. and then I get to have hot flashes and facial hair and dry crotch!!!  Thanks scientists.. you're really doing a bang up job.  No wonder men like younger women.  No wonder lesbianism is becoming a growing trend!  I'd like to NOT feel like my ***** is being held at knifepoint someday.. can you "doctors" do SOMETHING for us?!    
Yes..no doctor has said anything and that's because doctors don't care about women at all it seems.  doctors care about men.. they give men **** pills when they have no ability to get it up but the doctors could care less that a woman might not want a man with a **** pill to enter her vagina!!  They don't want to work on the vagina because even doctors don't understand the vagina.  I guess the vagina is the same to a doctor as a black hole is to a physicist.  Who knows why that is.  You'd think there would be more women obgyn's than men but I guess the "good old boy" network applies to medicine still.  I can't imagine a man knowing ANYTHING about a woman's body anyway..and it's a shame that women don't even know yet.  I bet there are millions of us out there in the world who wish we knew why things were happening!!  We create life..I suppose that will always be a mystery to man.  Doctors don't know it all anyway, do they.  There are many quacks out there.  I wouldn't trust 75% of the people who call themselves doctors to look at my JEWELS..would you!        
I too get these sharp pains in my vagina. It usually happens when I'm relaxed. It last for a few seconds, and there is nothing I can do to stop the pain. It really does feel like someone has taken a knife and is contnuing to stab my vagina. I also have a semi-sharp pain in my anus as well. This only happens when I'm sleeping. The pain is so severe that it wakes me up. This usually last for a few minutes. It almost feels like I have to go to the bathroom, but the pain is a lot more severe. I told two doctors about the vaginal pain, but I really didn't get a response. I am starting to get worried.
WOW do I know how you feel!  I had a bladder suspension and a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I was healing well and BAM 2 weeks after surgery I start with severe rectal stabbing pain.  GYN was very
confused by this. He referred me to a GI doctor.  HIs diagnosis was Proctalgia Fugax. He gave me
the same medication that you put on your tongue.It is a muscle relaxer for the lower GI area. It has been helping, as long as I take it every 4-6 hours. Just started on it yesterday. It has helped a great deal. I can not do the baths because of the hysterectomy, but he highly recomended a nice warm bath. He also told me to sit on a heating pad.  The last thing I want to do is sit on anything. I just want it to go away!!! Cross your fingers the medicince is helping!
They also found a ovarian cyst on an internal sonogram during this pain. They kept my ovaries in after the hysterectomy and took pictures of them during the surgery. The cyst was not present at the time of surgery. Makes you wonder?
Well ladies, this is also a monthly pain for me...I am starting to get really upset because no one seems to know what it is HOWEVER the pain is getting pretty unbearable :(. I have been experiencing it for about 3 years and about a year ago seeked gynocological advice..I have been to the ER countless times for them to do absolutely nothing (not surprised) I have had pelvic exams, ultrasounds, tested for STD's and just recently under went surgery my gynocologist did and an exploritory lapariscopy where he went in through my belly button with a camera and then in just above my pelvic bone with some instruments what was found was adhesions which are scar tissue...now that might simply relate to my abdominal pain on both sides and along the front and the reason why intercoarse is impossible due to the amount of pain I'm in BUT its a start...I would like to find out with the lighting shocking pains are that I am experiencing in my vagina and anus though because they keep me up night and the pain is unbelieveable, asking for a referal to a GI specialist is worth the shot maybe it is Proctalgia Fugax---Heres to answers