Short Menstrual Cycles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Short Menstrual Cycles

I went off the pill about 8 months ago.  Since then my menstrual cycles have been very short (23-25 days).  I was on the pill for about 7 years.  Prior to that, my cycles were like clockwork...every 28 days.  Any thoughts?  I am not ovulating? I'm 35 years old and kind of concerned since I don't have children yet and would still like to try in the next year or so.
your body chemistry can change over years and being 35 your biological clock is probably really tickin'. what i mean by that is the older you are, from what i have read, the harder it is to become pregnant, for some women. it may be your body has changed since you started taking bc pills and  you will have to get to know it all over again.
i was on depo and when i came off it my periods was every 11 days and its been like that for about 3 years and i went hospital and they said i had stopped ovualting but im 19-20 in august so its not your age as sutch their are many things the hospital can do for you it just takes time.
Its nice to hear I am not the only one. I am 36 years old, I have a 5 years old son and stop taking the pill more than a year ago. Before the pill, during the pill of course and after the pill (for the last year) I have been like clockwork 27 to 29 days.  I had an average pregnancy and birth... the typical menstrual women I guess. All of a sudden, the last 3 months have been between 17 to 21 day cycle... Could I be in perimenopause at 36?
For the last two months my periods have been very short ( two or three days). What could that mean?
I just took a menstrual charting course and the facilitator said that a short cycle like mine (21 days) and short bleeding (2-4) days could be a sign of early menopause. I'm only 31 so I'm watching it much closer now. Chart your menstrual cycle using the tools on this site or manually.

She also said that you can take herbs to lengthen your luteal phase or post-ov phase, which is important for implantation. Good luck!