Should I operate -ovarian cysts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Should I operate -ovarian cysts?

Doctor found 3 cysts after an ultrasound test. One Nabothian cyst 1.8cm; one complex cyst 1.7 cm both cysts are within the right ovary, another one complex cyst 5.32cm within the left ovary.  Gynae advised to have laparoscopy; I wasn
What is the "Chinese medication"? Are you talking about herbs? If it was prescribed and it is helping you, then why not take it?

Nabothian cysts are extremely common on the cervix - most women have them and they don't require treatment. Why did your doctor suggest removing the cysts on your ovaries? If they are not causing you any pain or interfering with your cycles, I would not have the surgery.
Mrs Canada, Thanks for your comments.  Yes, I am taking chinese herbs and doing taichi exercise, and will continue to do so.
3 years ago I had my uterus removed, huge fibroids that were very painful. When doc removed uterus she told me that she had to cut my uterus in 4's to remove it. Being I was 43 @ the time we decided to leave ovaries. Here I am almost 3 years later with huge cyst on ovaries. Dr wasn't concerned but I was in dealing with lots of pain. Pain to the point of doing what needed to be done early in day, then by noon I was down resting for the rest if day. After 1 1/2 of Dr visits, 1 MRI, 3 Tumor markers, 2 Pelvic ultra sounds & transvaginals & lots of Motrin & vicadin, we have a surgery date. Dr removes my ovaries/cyst by incision(again) and finds that the cyst were not only on the cyst but also filled the space where my uterus had been. I had a mass the size of a medium football in place of my uterus. In my case cancer runs in the family so I wanted the junk out. I am now on my way to recovery, a long 6 weeks, but I'm happy to be able to live a normal pain free life again. Good luck to you....ELB