Should I start the BC pills now or wait for my period?
I am 30 yrs. old and have been married for 11 years.  I have not used any form of BC for the last 4 months.  I am currently 7 days late, but have had multiple negative urine test at home and 1 at the health unit today.  I was given BC pills and told that I can start them now or wait for my period and start on the following Sunday.  I want to be protected, but I also don't want to cause any complications if I am expecting.  Should I start now? This coming Sunday? Or wait for my period just to be sure?
If it were me I would wait for my period and take the pill the following Sunday. The likely hood that you are pregnant after a negative blood test are slim. There are hormone changes that take place in the body immediately if you are pregnant and a simple blood test from your doctor would reveal that. But not all test are accurate. If you still haven't had your period in a week, return to your doctor and repeat the test along with a pelvic exam. The uterus will be noticeably swollen early on and can be felt in the pelvic exam. You may be able to feel it yourself if you slide your middle finger deep inside your vagina. Always confirm with your doctor though.
Firstly you should confirm the status of pregnancy by getting a serum hcg test which is more specific than urine for pregnancy test. Once pregnancy is ruled out, then you can take oral contraceptives which contains a combination of an estrogen (oestrogen) and a progestin (progestogen). You can start them on the first day of your menstrual periods or first Sunday ( Sunday start) after your periods start.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.