Shoulder feels cold and numb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Shoulder feels cold and numb

I type all day for my job.  Just a little while ago today my shoulder started feeling really cold and just a little bit numb.  The cold won't go away!  It kind of feels like there's an ice pack inside my shoulder.  Could this be a side effect from typing?
Hi,Does it hurt when you move it?There is a possibility you might have a pinched nerve.I am not a doctor,but from reading your post,there is a 100% chance you might.You need to have it checked out by a good,doctor.Raven33.P.S.Don't go to your regular family doctor,they usually don't know and fool around until it is worst.
Is it tingling at all?  Numbness?  Its possible like Raven said that you pinched something, could be due to your posture while typing if you have your arms propped a certain way or etc, I had something simliar happen to me before with an elbow I used to prop myself up -- pinched nerve, cold feeling, etc.    So yeah, have it checked out.
Hi I am a massage therapist.  I see these symptoms quite often usually if left untreated it will develop into carpal tunnel or at least these more severe types of symptoms that are asssociated with carpal tunnel.  For starters apply heat, then stand in a door way and place your hands on either side and stretch forward. The idea is to do the opposite of your positionwhile typing.  Anything you do in body mechanics you should do exercises in the opposite direction.What's happened is your muscle(upper trapezoid) has become inflamed and with that is pinching a nerve. this is the burning or tingling feeling.Also massage mix baby oil or olive oil and cayenne pepper and massage.