Signs and what to look for if having a miscarriage
Hi, i just want to know what I would be looking for if I have has a miscarriage. I am supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant on today.  I say suppose to b/c i'm not sure if i have had a miscarriage.  I have had some bleeding, but no pain or cramping.  At first the bleeding was light then kind of dark then back light.  I had some clots but i don't know what to look for as a sign of a micarriage.  I've heard that they are mostly painful and there is one big clot/block of blood, but I just don't know. This is my first pregnancy and i am just worrying b/c I want erverything to be alright.  Please, Please help me!
I just made it to my 9th week. Everythings been fine, not too nausiated. Sore and tired like usual. Yesterday I went to the restroom and it sounded like something hit the water but I didnt see anything and the water was reddish, brown. When I wiped it was a little brown but not red at all. And since, no blood or anything just a little brown when I wipe. My back hurts a little but Im not cramping at all just a little sore in my abdomen. So I dont know if I'm having a miscarriage because its only brown. Ive been really stressed and upset lately so I don't know if that could be a cause but I'm really nervous now.
normally my periods comes every 22days. the last time i had it was in september 2008. it did not come in october which is very unusal for me, so i came up  with the conclusion that i might be pregnant. on the 2nd of november, i was at work, when all of a sudden the cramping begin, then followed by spotting. when i went to the wash room i found that it was not like my normal menstral, the following night i have some sharp pain it was on and off, it lasted till the following day. the morning when i awoke i went to the bath room, i had a small piece of clot on my pad.....i am worried that i might have had a miscarriage........does anybody no what might be the problem..........plz i am really worried and frustrated...........i need your advice  
well ladies, i need help.on friday night me and my mother got into a argument then like 10 seconds later i started bleeding but didnt have any cramps. i went to the ER. the doc said that it was a 50/50 chance that i was having a miscarriage. it bleed that night but not bad up until the next morning then it stopped. i'm still having morning sickness.as i speak i'm having morning sickness.i dont know what to think. the nurse asked me was the clots big.the clots that i seen were very little.she said that it was good that i'm still having morning sickness tho. if i am wouldnt i woulda seen parts of the baby?2mrw i will be 9 weeks
Hi everyone, I need some help figuring out what's wrong with me. I'm not sure if I am pregnant or was pregnant. Had some weird bleeding & clots [[ brownish-red color ]] for about 5 days or so. Lots of cramping & very nauseous. My stomach seems bloated & I feel like I've been punched in the stomach multiple times. Can someone help me out here, I'm too scared to see my doctor.
HI I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU COULD OF HAD A MISCARREGE B/C NO BODY IS THE SAME
SO I JUST THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR
I HOPE EVERY THANG WORKS OUT FOR YOU
Hi  i am almost 11 weeks pregnant and i have experienced bleeding on and off for the past 7 weeks. it started off as a brown  discharge, . however much heavier in fact much like a period i have also been experiencing mild cramping. i had a scan on the same day this bleeding started and was told that the baby is still there and the cervix was closed. but they couldn't hear his heartbeat.they gave me 2 reasons 1st iwas because it was 2 little 2 hear it or the baby had passed away.i still have nausas in the morning and sore breast . I am due to go for another scan this week.im thinking on going 2 a diffrent hospital 2 get another opinion .i just like to know if anyone has experienced a similar symptoms and any comments on the duration of miscarriages.
hi i'm about 12 weeks pregant my age is the factor i'm 46 and i have 3 other kids older. but i'mhaving twinges of pain and i.m spotting .
when i go to the bathroom and wipe ther's blood and clot's is this a miscarriage starting
HEY I FIND OUT I WAS PREGNANT 2 WEEKS AGO....ON LAST THURSDAY I WENT TO THE DOCTOR N THEY DID MY FIRST PAPSMEAR AN STUCK SOMETHING UP ME TO LOOK AT THE BABY... AFTER I LIFT THE DOCTOR I STARTED BLEEDIN THE FIRST DAY IT WAS BAD AN I HAD ONE BLOOD CLOT BUT THE NEXT FEW DAYS IT SEEM LIKE MY PERIOD WAS ON IT LASTED 4 DAYS N A HALF NOW IT HAS STOP HAVE I HAD A MISCARRIAGE????????HELP ME SOME ONE
hey im ashley i had a misscariage in late july heres my story i hope it helps...... in late may of 09 i had unprotected sex on my period ((i didnt know you could get pregnant on your period)) in early june around the 10th i went to the dr and got put on deppo the bc shot then late july i started my period (well thought i did) everything was normal the blood was a brownish red color and sometimes sorta pink it lasted about a week but i woke up having awful pains one morning about a week after i started i could barely walk i tried going back to sleep but i couldnt then arounf 9 in the am i thought i might have to use the bathroom so i went and there was lots of blood (brownish pink) i began trying to use the bathroom and all there was was blood then i heard a splash and in the toilet there was a white thing it looked like meat  but you could see through it sorta and there was purple lines like veins it scared me so i called my fiance home from work we put the thing in a baggy and hurried to the er the dr verified that i had a misscarriage i didnt even know i was pregnant when i went to get the deppo shot the nurse done a prgnancy test it was negative the only time i had unprotected sex was in may before the shot me and corey my fiance always used condoms even after the shot the dr told us that the shot probablly killed the baby and i wasnt far enough along to tell i was pregnant... i hope this helps and good luck to everyone expecting and remember everything happens for a reason and God bless
they say tha tif the clot is any bigger than a 50 pence piece then its probably a mis carrage this is about an inch and a half to 2 inches big . otherwise i wouldnt worry too much because stress can cause complications too ... just relax and go and see your doctor
I think i might be havin a misscarege. i found i was pregnant last wednesday n last night i started bleeding n clotting. n now iv been geting these really  bad stomach pains. there like period pains but worse. please help me n!
hi i discovered i was pregnant sat 6-18-2010, well ive been having off in on pains in my lower abdominal i also have and bladder infection, the doctors cant determine hoe far along i am yet because my count is still too low. saturday it was 160 but monday the checked again and its noe 485 is that normal? anyone help!!
i just found out i was pregnant on Thursday clear blue said 1 was 3+ my last period was in may - i have had no pain or symptoms till i took the test now i have slight cramp am a little brown spotting i went to the docs today to get the pregnancy confirmed i mentioned the spotting and was adivsed this ciould me noemal however far to ear to send for scan has any one eles felt or feel like this
I am five and a half weeks pregnant and yesterday when I went to the bathroom I noticed blood on the tissue but I had no abdominal pain at all  so I went to the hospital right away and the doctor took some blood and did a physical exam and also did an ultrasound.  In my blood test it showed that I still had a lot of the pregnancy hormone, and when he did the physical exam my cervix was still closed.  And today I still have a little bit of blood just a few drops every time I use the bathroom.  And I don't know if that is normal I still have to go back to the doctors tomorrow and they will test my blood to see if the pregnancy hormone has gone up or down.  He said it could be implantation bleeding or it could be my uterus just growing a little too fast, but I don't have any breast tenderness and I am not hungry all the time anymore.  So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if anyone has been through something similar?
H
Hi,just wanted to give some of you peice of mind if i can....I currently have 2 children and every pregnancy is different!My first was a normal pregnancy,my 2nd I had heavy bleeding that started at 3mths and continued throughout the whole pregnancy!! Intially i thought i had misscaried but nope i have a baby boy and was not pleased i had my period through the pregnancy haha I am current pregnant with my 3rd child and am 3mths along and low and behold im having the same annoying pink/brown watery bleeding!Lucky for me i have been through this before so am confident it is the same as the last pregnancy,I will say it is always best to see your doctor for peice of mind and dont beleive anyone who tells you woman dont get their periods during preganancy because im proof that they do and theres no known cause for it.I will also say if you have bleeding thats no painful dont be overly alarmed but do see a doc also cramps followed by blood is NOT a good sign....so good luck ladies I hope your pregnancy's go full term
I just had a baby almost five months ago. My period returned at my regular time after two months. But now after almos five months I am bleeding very very badly. I have been bleefing for about two weeks. Could I be having a miscarriage this soon? Or is my body still adjusting?
I am 11 weeks and I'm not getting any bigger AT ALL :( I'm worried somethings wrong. I have some very mild cramps sometimes. nothing serious. not even any bleeding. but I still have a feeling I had a miscarriage.
hi, i have had a flush of bright red blood on saturday just 2 days after i found out i was 4 weeks pregnant, this happenned just once. after that i have been mildly spotting for the last 3 days, could i have miscarried or is there hope? no specific cramps have i noticed.
my period finish fours day ago but i had sexx the day after my period couple days after i am having heavy bleeding constantly can u tell me what wrong
Hi All I wonder if you can help, reading some of these older post I feel bad asking as Ive had nothing like some of you :( Im 8 weeks and 2 days with my first baby,  I only found out 2 weeks ago I was pregnant.  I just "knew" something was happening (apart from the missed period).. My breast were tender and have deep blue veins appearerd,  Now they only hurt if i lie on them otherwise I feel nothing,  I do feel tired but I feel its mind games, I dont have morning sickness headaches etc but I also dont have bleeding which i know i should be thankful for.  I do on a daily basis however have cramping very low down, on and off and nothing I cant handle, it feels like im about to start my period any minute but luckily I havent...BUT i cant help but shift this horrible feeling nothing is happening, I feel like im getting obssessed with it and I cant sleep, I just feel like i should have cravings, sickness, the full lot but I have nothing :( can someone tell me if this feeling is normal??? I feel sick with worry :(
Okay so I found out I was 6 weeks about a week ago... One night after sex I started to bleed it was not like a noraml period and not around the time I was due for one. The bleeding was a little pick with no pain. I was scared so right away I went to the ER. They checked my pe and they told me everything was fine it was only normal to bleed like this after an intercourse. But then the next morning when i got up to use the bathroom the bleeding had only got worse but still there was no pain and did not look like a normal period it was a off red with not clots. I waited for it to get better through the day and it nec
Okay so I found out I was 6 weeks about a week ago... One night after sex I started to bleed it was not like a noraml period and not around the time I was due for one. The bleeding was a little pick with no pain. I was scared so right away I went to the ER. They checked my pe and they told me everything was fine it was only normal to bleed like this after an intercourse. But then the next morning when i got up to use the bathroom the bleeding had only got worse but still there was no pain and did not look like a normal period it was a off red with not clots. I waited for it to get better through the day and it never did so I went back to the ER the gave me a ultrasound this time but seen nothing no sack or baby they told me I had 90% chance I had already had a miscarriage or was having one then.. but I have had a miscarriage and I know how painful it is.. and this is day three of bleeding and I have slite but not harshful cramps.. I havnet passed anything no clots or baby.. just thick blood. Please help me figure out what is going on!
ok this is my frist baby an i am in pain so much it wont stop should i go to my drs if u have a facebook u can reach me at rechel_hillier***@**** plz let me know what to do i dont want nothin to happen to my baby
Yes Its a Miscarrage Becuase I Had The Same Thing And I Hope Everything Gets Better Honey..
hi i had a miscarriage 2 years ago now my little boy would of been 3 this year. i wasnt using protection but i had been with my other half for nearly 2 years and we still together now. i put on a little bit of weight but nothing drastic to make me think i was pregnant, one day whilst at the bank i began to feel dizzy and immediatly knew i had to take a test so a few days after xmas i took a test which resulted in positive so i took another the day after just to be sure and it was positive same as hen i went to the doctors for a 3rd opinion. so i had jus found out i was pregnant 4 days before my 21st i was happy because i wanted a baby but scared after all i was only gonna be 21. we recieved a letter from the hospital to say i was booked in for a scan in the february, in the december i went for a check up ay my local gp where she gave me an ulttrasound scan and felt my stomach to make sure everything was ok,she couldnt hear a heartbeat but told me it was probably because we werent 100% how far along i was, then a week later i recieved another letter from the hospital to say my scan had been brought forward,i knew in my heart something was wrong but yet i had experienced no bleeding/clots or any stomach/back cramps, that is until teh day before my scan a sunday i woke up as i was due to work that day but i cudnt move my stomach was i absolute agony i cud barely make it to the toilet, i laid in bed most of the day. the next morning me and my partner went for our scan and my worst nightmare was confirmed my baby had died :(. no signs or anything was what got me i didnt even know i had lost my baby, never mind the fact didn't know i was pregnant till i was 19 weeks. i had to go through the traumer of labour and it was horrible something no-one should ever have to go through. i would of had a little boy and we name him jake,a few weeks after test to see whether to m/c was anything to do with genetic reasons we had a burial for him. i think about him everyday and miss him alot,but i know that he is safe where ever he is and that one day soon he will have a little brother or sister.
ok so i was supposed to get my period on feb 11 th but didnt, took three clear blue p.ts and they said pregnant. went to the hospital bc i was spotting, the took a p.t w my urine it came up negative, so they did blood. that showed elevated levals of the BHCG hormone, so now, i am having bleeding still and sharp pain in my bellybutton...??????whats going on? o and this is my second child.
I sat here and read all the posts, Im having a miscarriage right now. Ive been bleeding for 5 days now. Im around 10 weeks, and like someone else stated, I know my body and my breasts arent tender anymore, and I even feel better as far as the sickness, i feel more energized now and etc.. I know whats up. I'll be going to emergency tonight, during the day is just too busy for me. I waited because I thought the bleeding would stop but it got heavier..
   Best thing always is to go to the doctor or ER. I wish all of you the best...
I Had a miscarriage last year and now im (16 weeks pregnant ) and im having cramping and back pain ,No Bleeding does this mean I could be miscarrying ? Please help me I'm so scared.
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I have had a little spotting after intercourse and after a pelvic exam the doctors took blood and said my hcg levels were lower and that I was prob experiencing a miscarriage but I'm not sure...I haven't had any more bleeding or experienced any clotting so I'm kinda confused on if I should  believe I have lost my baby and I'm not in any pain any solutions
Hi i have recentley miscarried i started bleeding on the friday morning lightly my midwife said it could be the baby settling in my womb n getting rid of any old blood on saturday i was the same but alittle heavier, i woke up at 1am sunday morning to cramping pain alittle like contractions i just sat threw it counting to twenty everytime i got a pain it soon passed all the pain went by sunday morning i stud up and felt a big ball fall when i checked it was the baby. I hope this helps but everyone is differant i understand what every1 is going threw nwish you all well its a week tday for me x
Hi my 26 years old. last week i went for my first ultra sound app. i was 11weeks & 2 days pregnant.. the doctor couldnt find the heartbeat and said the baby stop growing. he told me ti make a app for a d&c but im scared.. Now today im bleedinh and feeling cramps.. i believe im having misscarried ... should i go to the er.. please help.. thanks ladys
Hey fora coupleof daysnow  I been spotting likea brownish /red colorbut no blood clots so yesterdayat worki was feeling kind of weird like I want to pass out anon top of that my head was hurting an felt  like   I had to vomit an I was crampingl like I'm having my normal periodcan someone tellme what's going on please
I am about 9weeks pregnant and been havin brown blood at first not heavy and now its gone red I have back ache but no vramps this is my second child and my first was born at 26 weeks should I be worried  2020
I am 22 me n my parthner are trying to get preggo in may I ave spotting bout 3 day then a week after by period ***. N june my period missed the hole month then july it *** on the 14 n the 14-15 only pink spotting. Then it *** heavier wit lil clots I'm I pregnant n having a M/c plz need
hi my last period was on the 22nd ov may 2012 i 4t i was 10 weeks pregnant till i went for a vaginal scan and the told me i was only 6 weeks pregnant, when they did the scan they told me that they wasnt a heart beat and 2 come back  or another scan n a week. when i wipe my self there is a bit ov blood there no a lot just a bit one min nothing then the next thing there is blood i feel fine in my self n pain no cramping or blood clots can anyone give me advice on signs ov misscarige thanks
I think im having a misscarriage right now, I wasnt even sure if I was pregnant or not I was in denial of the whole thing, I didnt come on my periond for a whole 3 to 4 months, then about a week ago I started bleeding during intercourse with my partner, I hadnt stopped bleeding yet, I have bad cramps along with the bleeding & the bleeding is heavy what do i do ???!!!
Hi, my name is Vanessa i am just a little over 3 weeks pregnant. I already went into meet with my OB/GYN and it was too early to get a heartbeat. Im so afraid of having a miscarriage.  I went out with a friend and had a couple drinks before i found out and got a little tipsy and bumped into something.  I have a little bruise on the right side of my tummy, so at that point I was probably only 2 weeks and some odd days pregnant.  I am having slight cramping sore breasts and a little bit more hungry than usual.  I am also needing to pee every 15 minutes! I am severely worried about the cramping. Also when i went in for my first ultrasound there was a little bit of blood on the condom when they pulled the ultrasound out but whenever i pee, which i mentioned is quite a bit lol i don't see any blood whatsoever   Can somebody please help me with some answers or some advice I am very very very scared.
Hi, I'm a little confused at the moment. I'm suppose 2 b 12 weeks pregnant on Saturday and last Tuesday I had some bleeding. I had no pain, cramps or clotting. It's more period like. It slows down then picks up again. I had a scan and they said the 'pregnancy sack' is there but they can't c a baby. They wanted 2 do an internal exam coz they said they couldn't c much coz the 'lining of my womb was to thick'. I refused to have it. They took some blood and took some more two days later. This was on Friday and i haven't heard back. Has anyone had a similar experience? I just want answers so me and my husband can move on. X
Reading all your stories have answered a lot of my own questions.

I missed my December period, and in January I took a pregnancy test, it came out positive.  2 days later, I started to bleed, I thought it was just some spotting, but then it became more heavy, and the cramps started to come.  For 1 1/2 days, I fought the painful cramps and aches.  I still went on with my day, I went to work, and suffered, driving was painful, every bump felt horrible.  Then I went to the bathroom at work, feeling cramps like I needed to push, so I did, then I heard a small splash in the toilet.  That night I was still cramping but they were tolerable, and today I am still bleeding but not more pain what so ever.  I plan to take another pregnancy test and plan to go see my family doctor.  I have prepared myself to hear bad news, but I hate to tell the news to my partner and father of my 3 children.  This would be our 2 miscarriage, the last one I didn't even see my doctor because it was just to painful to come to grimpsed of it.  I want to make sure everything is ok, but I just don't want to hear that I miscarriaged again.

My heart goes out to you all.. your stories have helped me.... thank u
I just found out that I'm pregnant,I'm 5weeks pregnant. I did my home pregnancy test on the 11th and came out positive,I had my blood tests done to confirm since it wasn't visible on the sonar. My problem now is,I started bleeding on sunday like I'm having periods until today,went to see my doctor again he took some bloods to the lab because he suspects I'm miscarrying. I did my home pregnancy test again it said I'm negative,I can't lose my baby. I feel like breaking down
My name is ariel i have been bleeding for about 7 hours now straight and its very heavy im cramping very bad and its hurting me worst then my contractions did when i had my little girl. Before I started I missed two months of my period. What is wrong with me im having shooting pains threw my legs my vag and my stomach..... help ?
I had unprotected  sex with my boyfriend in march during the time i was most fertile an i my period was due in 18th march but it was early the 16th march but it didnt seem like a normal period as the first day it was bright red but only there wen i went to the toilet tinyest bit of blood all day on my pad an nect day same an then it was dark brown with stringy mucusy stuff wen i wipe an odd bit of my pad but nuffin all nite an ive been urinating alot latley an havin back pain an few cramps any advice
Hi ladies!!! I am 9 weeks pregnant in 3 days. i have been bleeding for 9 days now, when i first started bleeding my heart was in my throat. i went to docs to c midwife and she booked appointment for altra scan and i was thinking the worst but baby was fine had a healthy heartbeat.  :) 3 days later i started to bleed heavely and having cramps, like period pains. im passing small dark clots aswell. went to ANE, was waiting ages and she checked my uterus and it was closed so thats good but it could of opened up and miscarried and closed back up :s i still have sore and tender breasts. i was told i had a water infection and bactiria . so im thinking that could be the cause of pains and bleeding. i have scan tomorrow i just hope i havent miscarried... good luck to all u ladies out their who is going threw all this worrying... just think possitive,  women have been threw worse and still have baby. fingers crossed xx
I know its super late but what was your out come
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I'm so glad you have a scan tomorrow.  Hopefully you will get an answer then as I'm sure you are worried sick!  I will tell you that I had heavy bleeding in the latter part of my second trimester with clots being released.  I was scared to death!  Had a healthy baby boy.  Some women do bleed.  Bleeding can occur with an irritated cervix and the pain could indeed be from the UTI/water infection.  Have they give you an antibiotic for the UTI?  Anyway, the scan tomorrow will be great to see how things are going.  But so far, every time they've checked, baby has been fine.  Fingers crossed for you that it remains this way.  Please come back and let us know, okay?  Peace and luck sweetie
I had sex like 4 weeks ago and today ibwoke up with really bad ovary pain and alot of heavy bleeding and lower abdomen pain that's really sharp and it really gets me dizzy I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive I dont know if I should be worry
I think  I may be having a miscarriage...I've been having really bad cramping and lower back pain the past 2 days along with some spottin, at first it was brownish and had one littleclot in it then ot was a little more red with some type of clear substance mixed with it. I don't know what to think of this help out please
Hello I havnt took a pregnancy but I just went to the bathroom and a huge clot came out it was really dark red I'm haven some pains between my legs my lower back and my stomach can anybody tell me if I had a miscarriage or no plz help me I'm scared I've done lost one child
helloo hope all is well. ok I took a hpt 1 day before I was suppose to start my cycle...the. results came positively with a second faint line. the next day I became spotting then it started to become more not heavy on my pad but when I urinate it's comes with watery blood clots what could this be