Signs and what to look for if having a miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi, i just want to know what I would be looking for if I have has a miscarriage. I am supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant on today.  I say suppose to b/c i'm not sure if i have had a miscarriage.  I have had some bleeding, but no pain or cramping.  At first the bleeding was light then kind of dark then back light.  I had some clots but i don't know what to look for as a sign of a micarriage.  I've heard that they are mostly painful and there is one big clot/block of blood, but I just don't know. This is my first pregnancy and i am just worrying b/c I want erverything to be alright.  Please, Please help me!
I had some bleeding and cramping when I was pregnant.  I too was in a panic that I was having a miscarriage.  The doctor reassured me that sometimes this happens.  He said the baby was "nesting"...whatever that is supposed to mean.  So, I would think that sometimes bleeding can be normal...however...I would contact your doctor ASAP and tell him/her whats going on, or if you feel more comfortable doing something now, make that trip to the ER and have them check you out.
The only thing is i haven't had any cramping with the bleeding.  
I only cramped at the beginning when i found out i was pregnant. I just know most people say that when they had a miscarriage there was a block of blood.  i haven't had that but I've had some painless clotting. When I go to the bathroom i don't know what to look for as signs of miscarriage.  it;s just so confusing.  Did u carry ur baby full term?  I'm trying to hold out until my next scheduled appt. with my doctor.  Thanks for responding.
i dont think any clotting is good during pregnancy you should go to your doctor asap for a check up.generally the bleeding comes befor the cramping in a mc as yours has been going for a while  the baby maybe totally fine some women bled through there pregnancys and they are very successful i think its around 50% success although i dont no about the clotting im no professional just get you and your baby checked out for peice of mind even.sometimes its best not to ask look and read comments in these types of websites because you end up talking yourself into thinking negative things because of other peoples symptoms you no want i mean best of luck with your baby keep us posted.
I'm not really sure what you're holding out for and why you don't go to the doctor. Spotting and bleeding can be normal but I don't think that clotting is not normal. I think you need to go to a doctor asap. There's usually not much they can do if you've already begun to m/c but hopefully you haven't and they can provide you with all the info you need. There's nothing more important than the precious angel growing inside you and this shouldn't be taken lightly.
Yes, I did carry my baby full-term...he's 9 now.  Don't hold out until your next appointment.  Have it checked out NOW!
Yes any type of bleeding while pregnant should be checked!
With my m/c I had severe lower back ache to start then bleeding started followed by cramping and passing of clots
but not all are the same.
Sometimes bed rest for women is required. Bleeding doesnt always warrant a miscarriage but should be looked into!!
best wishes!
If you are clotting, you need to call your doctor right away...Ive never had a miscarriage, but from what Ive heard, it feels like labor, and believe me, ive done that twice, its horrible...I hope your babys ok, but you really need to go into the doctor, some bleeding is normal, but clots are not. And I was told when I was pregnant that if I clotted I was supposed to put them in a bag, and take them with me to the doctor, I know really gross, but that is so they can examine them and know exactly what they are.
But dont go taking your clots in to the doctor on my advice, call your doctor and ask...that might just be my doctors prefrence....and you should really go into the doctor or er now, your baby depends on you, and if something is wrong, im sorry but its not very responsible to "hold out" until your next doctors appt...it may be to harsh, but if you were dying, would you want someone to say, oh we are gonna hold out to take you to the ER for a few more weeks...lets hope you make it that long...for the rest of your childs life, you are responsible for getting the things that it needs done.
well i had 5 kids myself and misscarried 1 bbay.i did cramp mildly and had blood clots.when u misscarry u have more then just one clot.if u are 12 weeks u definity would know.u be in pain.the problem may be that the baby is low laying in the plcenta.i blood with my little girl because she lied over my cervix hole.when i had sex i would bleed a little.do u have any signs u are pregant? u should be gaining weight soon.morning sickness should be going away now.breast are getting bigger.
Well it had already been confirmed that i was pregnant, but i just hadn't had my ultrasound yet.  I thank all of u for the comments and i will just go to the doctor to confirm if I have had a miscarriage or if everything is ok.  I will definitely keep yall posted and just wish me luck.  it was just so awkward because i didn't have any cramping whatsoever.  Just reading everything I thought that it would atleast hurt a little.  But i don't know.  Thanks for everything.
Hi everyone i am 6 weeks pregnant and i have experienced bleeding on and off for the past two weeks. it started off as a brown/pinkish discharge, stopped for 3 days. 5 days ago it stated again however much heavier in fact much like a period i have also been experiencing mild cramping. i had a scan on the same day this bleeding started and was told that the baby is still there and the cervix was closed. I am due to go for another scan this week. just like to know if anyone has experienced a similar symptoms and any comments on the duration of miscarriages, i read that it can go on for weeks.
I would suggest just going to the doctor to see what is going on.  they may be able to tell where the bleeding is coming from.  Hope everything turns out ok for u!
Hi everyone,
I said I would keep yall posted and it turns out that i did have a miscarriage.  I had already came to terms so I wasnt that devasted, but in order to get over what happened we are just going to try again.  So please wish us luck for the next time.
I am sorry for your loss.  I think if you are ready to try again then go for it.

It worked for me.  I have 20 days to go until my c-section.  

I will keep you win my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes and baby dust to you *************************

Amanda
Hi I was reading some of the signs of miscarriage, and im not to sure if I am in the early stages of one. I found out I am pregnant the first of this month and ever since their has been some bleeding off and on. At first pink and most of the time brownish. Sometimes red. Its always on the tissue. But there has been some clots at the bottom of the toilet little tiny ones. I just dont know if Im in the process of having one or not. I have had some cramping but nothing painful. I just dont know that to think.
Pink and brown blood is generally considered okay so long as you are only spotting.  However, you said you have had red blood as well as some clots along with some cramping.  This warrants a call and trip to the doctor.  They need to check you out to make sure everything is okay.  Please call first thing in the morning and get in right away.  

Best wishes,

Amanda  
I'm having a miscarriage as we speak so I will tell you my whole story.  It's long.  I started bleeding last Monday and it was like I was having my period.  I had no bachache or abdominal pain. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she checked me out.  My cervix was closed but she said my uterus was smaller than what it should have been.  She booked me for an ultrasound for the following Tuesday.  I bled everyday leading up to the ultrasound. The Tuesday morning of the ultrasound I passed three clots that looked like liver.  That was the first time that happened.  When I went for the ultrasound later that day, I was expecting the worst so I wasn't surprised when they told us the bad news.  The embryo hadn't developed properly. My doctor wanted my body to deal with the miscarriage on its own since there wasn't much left in there. On Wednesday night, I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 12am with excrutiating pain in my lower abdomin (abdomen) and lower back.  I felt like I was in labour!  I sat on the toilet for a really long time and finally, four hours later, the pain subsided.  During that time, I passed alot of clots and blood.  The same thing happened last night but it was worse and I passed a really big clot the size of a loonie (I'm Canadian). That was last night.  I really hope it doesn't happen again tonight.  Anyways, when I started bleeding, I knew deep in my heart that I wasn't pregnant anymore.  I'm very in tune to my body and I just didn't feel pregnant anymore.  My breasts weren't swollen and tender anymore and all of my sickness went away.  I just knew.  If you have any kind of bleeding, especially if it's more than just spotting, go to your doctor for peice of mind.  Just remember, everything happens for a reason. I know it's hard to stay positive but just think of this, you got pregnant this time, it WILL happen again.  Just stay positive and look forward to the future because it WILL be bright.   Good luck!!!!!
I found out I was pregnant on Wednesday - Home Preg Test - and worked out to be 5 weeks. That night I started getting very bad stomach pains and cramping in lower abdoman. My partner took me to the ER on Thursday morning....was checked out by doc. At this stage, still only bad cramping...no bleeding at all. After an internal the doc confirmed that I was probably miscarrying. The cramps have subsided, and aside from a tiny bit of blood on my toilet paper last night, I have not started bleeding yet. I have been told to expect a very heavy period. It is now Saturday afternoon. How long does a miscarriage normally take? When should I expect to start feeling better? Should I be going back to a doctor for a check up?
i know it sais that you must be over 18, but i need help. I'm 15 and i wasn't sure if i was pregnant, i was just going to wait it out y'know. Well i am on birth control so i kept taking it, I didn't know that it could kill it.My stomach was so sore and i didn't know why, my breasts were so tender, but it had only been almost 3 weeks. Yesterday morning I went to the bathroom and there was brown blood, a little later on in the day i went to the bathroom and all there was was blood, no clots though, but i thought that i was having my period before and it was on of the most painful ones i've had. I don't know, i'm going to go get tested on monday. i'm pretty sure that i'm not pregnant anymore, but i wish that i was,the would be dad wants to try again, i told him that he should wait for me if he wants a baby by me, i'm graduating.
My advice to you since you're only 15 is to not get
pregnant.  You're way too young.  Any guy that pressures you
to have a baby at 15 doesn't love you.  Do you know that
you are endangering yourself as well as the baby?  Please let
your mother know what is going on.  You should be having a care-
free teenage life not worrying about diapers.  You have plenty
time to think about babies after you're married.
I think I'm having a miscarriage I just want to see what anyone who has went through it thinks.  At first I thought I had an ectopic preg because I spotted  for like 5 days and the hpt was faint and I had a previous ectopic.  Then 2 days ago I started bleeding (I'm 5 1/2 weeks) I've passed small clots.  I dont have health insurance so I couldnt go to the emergency room, I went to the free clinic today and they said they didnt see anything in the tubes but did see a sac in the womb.  They didnt do blood tests there so I have to go somewhere else.  My question is "Is This An Early Miscarriage?"  The bleeding has been going on for 3 days, Its heavy enough to wear a pad but not enough to change it often, I've seen very small clots, the blood is bright red.  I dont understand this I do also have 3 children.
It sounds like the beginning of a miscarriage, any clot is a bad clot.
I miscarried during my first pregnancy. In sept, and still trying for another...
You will probably have some bad cramps!! If that starts, I would go the the ER.
Please let me know how things come out, I pray to god that I'm wrong... take care of yourself:)
is a pap smear accurate iv had 3 and said no chance of having a miscarrige also think it could be twins as my husbands mother had twins and my mom had twins and have severe pain on both sides of ovaries i have cramps but no bleeding what so eva and its my first preg and im 21 and am 6 wks prg should i worry
A pap smear can not tell you that you will not have a M/C.  Only time can tell you that.  Or possibly an abnormal U/S.  The cramps could be from growing.  Watch for any bleeding and call to let your doctor know you are having the cramps.  Some doctors will want to examine a patient if they are having a lot of cramping and some won't if there's not any bleeding.  But a pap smear can't guarantee a healthy pregnancy.
a month ago i had my normal monthly period, then a week later i had another one except it only lasted 2 days. i told my mother and she said it could be from stress, but this month i had another regular one, and a week an a half later i have another period type thing but this time its really HEAVY! is this normal? i talked to my friend and she said i could have been pregnant, and now maybe having a miscarriage? im 16 and im scared to go to the doctor because ive never gone before. does anyone know what this might be or whats going on... help
I know that you are worried about seeing a doctor, but it really sounds like you need to.  I am more worried about your health than your fear, right now.  Another concern for me is the fact that you are having sex and have not been to a gyn.  That is scary, you need to have yourself checked at least every six months once you become sexually active.  Your mom is probably not concerned because she probably assumes that you are not having sex.  You have to see a doctor and soon.  Please see a doctor soon.
im 15 aswell  and im not sure if iv had a miscarriage! im on the pill... and afta i finished taking it after the 21 days i didnt have a period until the 23rd! however, during the 2 day gap i did have sex (with protection). then my period started.... and one night i just got this most awful pain in my stomach! it woz lyk a cramp but much worse! i didnt know wat to do so i just started laying in diffrent positions which pregnant women sometimes choose! plz help me... have i had a miscarriage??
do all miscarriages contain blood? i think i'm pregnant only like less than a month. and the other day i had a big block of like clear like mucus stuff? what could it be. i'm kinda young amd clueless plz help
I started spotting on Monday & had an ultrasound that showed that the pregnancy wasn't viable. I was supposed to be about 8 weeks, but the scan showed 6 weeks 1 day, no fetal pole or heartbeat. Anyway, all I've had so far is continued spotting, although on Wednesday something came out which I was wondering if it was the pregnancy sac. It was kind of smooth oval time shape, about 5cm long and 2cm wide. It just wasn't like a normal clot. Does anyone else think that this was the pregnancy sac and am I going to have some proper bleeding? I thought that when people miscarry it's supposed to be like a normal period with cramping? I haven't had any cramping at all. Also I'm wondering if I should just start TTC straight away or if I should wait. I'm 28 but my hubby's 44. We already have a little girl who's about 22 months.
So as I said in my previous post, does anyone think that was the pregnancy sac that I passed? And should I be getting more bleeding? Not just spotting? And cramps?? I haven't had any cramps. Please reply someone....
I was supposed to start my period on July 24th 2007 and I thougt I started on July 28th. I bled lightly for about one day then pretty much stopped for about two days. I know that abnormal and light periods can be a sign of pregnancy. It is now August 21st and if pregnant I would be 8 weeks. Ever since I was supposed to start my period I have been bleeding/spotting. Not really to heavy. For the past week however I have started to have to wear a pad. The blood varies from pink and brown to red with some dark purplish thick spots. Even some stringy redish purple spots on the toilet paper. I was having some pregnancy symptoms like nausea, and bloating, frequent urination. Although when I have the frequent urination it's more like a UTI. When I go to pee hardly anything comes out. But those are my only symptoms. No weight gain either. I also thought the nausea could have been due to nerves. I haven't had any appetite changes, sore and bigger breasts, darkening of the nipples or any of those usual symptoms.  So I really don't know if I am pregnant at all. We used a condom and it was the first time I'd had sex in months. I have had very irregular periods for the past 3 years. Sometimes missing them all together for two months in a row. In the past week my bleeding has become worse and the other night my cramps were so bad that I had to use a heating pad which I never have to do. They were in my lower back and lower abdomen. I never noticed several clots but I did notice one small clot during that time and several little tiny pieces of clots. After that my cramping and bleeding is much less. I haven't even had to wear a pad today. I've pretty much been bleeding for a month, is that normal during pregnancy? Also, I notice I haven't been nauseated today and less bloated. I just don't feel the way I did before the few days of bad pain and bleeding. I'm going to take a PGtest and then go to the Dr. regardless if it's positive or not but I just wanted to know if in your opinion this sounds like a miscarriage. Thanks a lot.
hi i found out i was pregnant like 4 days ago but i started spotting then it kind of quit and started back up heavier this time and today ive been having little clots. im scared i dont know if im having a miscarriage and i do have cramps but ive been having them for about a week and a half now. im supposed to go to planned parent hood on monday. im kinda thinking i could just be havin my period cause i usually have cramping even before my period and before i started trying to get pregnant sometimes when i had my period i would clot. i dont know what this means i need help.   i also know some people who have had the same problems and their babies turned out fine and perfectly healthy. should i just try and stay positive about the whole thing cause im getting upset and frustrated kinda depressed.
ii HAVE A FEELiiNG iiM PREGNANT BUT WAY BEFORE ii WEN TO THE DOCOTRz N ii TOOK A TEST N iiT SAiiD ii WASNT SO ii WAiiTED N AFTER A WHiiLE MA BOOBz BEGAN TO HURT N ii STARTED TO EAT N DRiiNK ALOT OF MiiLK(N ii DONT LiiKE MiiLK) N ii SLEEP DURiiNG THA DAY ONCE iiN A WHiiLE LiiKE A NAP TYPE OF THiiNG BUT ii TO THE TES ON DECEMBER 21ST BUT iiDK N NOW iiM SPOTiiNG N iiM GETTiiN LiiL CRAMPz AS iif ii WAS ON MA PERiiOD BUT iiDK iiF iiM PREGO OR NOT
ive recenly found out im 8wks preganant but 2day i have had period pains and some bleeding dose this mean im having a miscarraige (miscarriage)? i anit having bad pains just period pains and i got really tender breasts can you help me please or atleast tell me what i should do
I have a question. I had a IUD removed on 1/11. After I got it in my period was all crazy. Seemed like I always had it. Then when I had it removed it stopped . I had sex 1/11, 1/13, 1/14, 1/16, 1/18, 1/19, 1/23 and 1/24. I started bleeding light on 1/21, and it has been getting heavy but its not like I have to change it every 3-4 hours like normally. I took a test on 1/23 and it was negative. I wanted to know if this bleeding is normal. I was plannin on testing again on 1/28 or 2/1. We are ttc, but it seems like something is wrong. I have been craving food, tired, and peeing way tooo much. My boobs were sore in the beginning, but nothing since then. I don't know. any help please.
I've found out i'm 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. Three days ago i was getting cramp like pains in my lower abdomen and and some really light pinkish bleeding. The following day i noticed a small amount of brownish blood as well as cramping.I was admitted to hospital for observation, ended up in there for a day and a half. They did blood tests and my hCG have been increasing and i had ultrasounds but they came back inconclusive. They think it could be a miscarriage, Ectopic pregnancy or Implantation Bleeding, but it's too early to tell. Then this morning i noticed a thick white discharge. Is this normal? Has anyone had similar problems to this and what did it turn out to be? How long does a miscarriage go for in duration? Has anyone had an ectopic pregnancy? I'm really worried!!
When I miscarried, I went to the ER not knowing I was pregnant (but suspecting I was even though tests were negative) but concerned because I had severe cramping and heavy bleeding.  They did a pelvic and vaginal u/s and saw nothing.  They did a blood test and it was positive with HcG of 364.  They weren't sure if this was the beginning or end of a pregnancy, since my levels were so low.  So I got another blood test done 2 days later and it had dropped down to 150, plus the night before I passed the fetal tissue.  Before I left the hospital, they said it didn't look eptopic because they didn't see anything in the tubes, but they didn't want to rule it out and I had to follow up with my gyno for everything else.  As far as duration, my bleeding began December 25 and ended January 1 (nice holiday huh!).  My next period took 8 weeks to come.  Hope this helps.
I need help. I am in my late teens and have been on the pill since April. My boyfriend and I have been having sex since February, but we did it once (with a condom) mid-april before I started taking it. Ever since then I had felt pregnant. The pill I'm taking, seasonique, is supposedly more likely to have spotting. Well, I didn't spot AT ALL in May, on the first month of the pill. This terrified me, but I convinced myself that I was not, in fact, pregnant. However about 1.5 weeks ago, I began to feel a little nauseous, and I had about 1 week of brown blood. Then it got extremely heavy and red, and I had never felt so sick for so long in my life. I eventually passed a greyish-pinkish piece of tissue covered in blood. Since then I have bled less and the pain has subsided considerably although every little while I will cramp so badly I have to stop whatever I am doing for a minute or two. Have I miscarried? I didn't even know I was pregnant. Please help explain this to me.
I just made it to my 9th week. Everythings been fine, not too nausiated. Sore and tired like usual. Yesterday I went to the restroom and it sounded like something hit the water but I didnt see anything and the water was reddish, brown. When I wiped it was a little brown but not red at all. And since, no blood or anything just a little brown when I wipe. My back hurts a little but Im not cramping at all just a little sore in my abdomen. So I dont know if I'm having a miscarriage because its only brown. Ive been really stressed and upset lately so I don't know if that could be a cause but I'm really nervous now.
normally my periods comes every 22days. the last time i had it was in september 2008. it did not come in october which is very unusal for me, so i came up  with the conclusion that i might be pregnant. on the 2nd of november, i was at work, when all of a sudden the cramping begin, then followed by spotting. when i went to the wash room i found that it was not like my normal menstral, the following night i have some sharp pain it was on and off, it lasted till the following day. the morning when i awoke i went to the bath room, i had a small piece of clot on my pad.....i am worried that i might have had a miscarriage........does anybody no what might be the problem..........plz i am really worried and frustrated...........i need your advice  
well ladies, i need help.on friday night me and my mother got into a argument then like 10 seconds later i started bleeding but didnt have any cramps. i went to the ER. the doc said that it was a 50/50 chance that i was having a miscarriage. it bleed that night but not bad up until the next morning then it stopped. i'm still having morning sickness.as i speak i'm having morning sickness.i dont know what to think. the nurse asked me was the clots big.the clots that i seen were very little.she said that it was good that i'm still having morning sickness tho. if i am wouldnt i woulda seen parts of the baby?2mrw i will be 9 weeks
Hi everyone, I need some help figuring out what's wrong with me. I'm not sure if I am pregnant or was pregnant. Had some weird bleeding & clots [[ brownish-red color ]] for about 5 days or so. Lots of cramping & very nauseous. My stomach seems bloated & I feel like I've been punched in the stomach multiple times. Can someone help me out here, I'm too scared to see my doctor.
HI I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU COULD OF HAD A MISCARREGE B/C NO BODY IS THE SAME
SO I JUST THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR
I HOPE EVERY THANG WORKS OUT FOR YOU
Hi  i am almost 11 weeks pregnant and i have experienced bleeding on and off for the past 7 weeks. it started off as a brown  discharge, . however much heavier in fact much like a period i have also been experiencing mild cramping. i had a scan on the same day this bleeding started and was told that the baby is still there and the cervix was closed. but they couldn't hear his heartbeat.they gave me 2 reasons 1st iwas because it was 2 little 2 hear it or the baby had passed away.i still have nausas in the morning and sore breast . I am due to go for another scan this week.im thinking on going 2 a diffrent hospital 2 get another opinion .i just like to know if anyone has experienced a similar symptoms and any comments on the duration of miscarriages.
hi i'm about 12 weeks pregant my age is the factor i'm 46 and i have 3 other kids older. but i'mhaving twinges of pain and i.m spotting .
when i go to the bathroom and wipe ther's blood and clot's is this a miscarriage starting
HEY I FIND OUT I WAS PREGNANT 2 WEEKS AGO....ON LAST THURSDAY I WENT TO THE DOCTOR N THEY DID MY FIRST PAPSMEAR AN STUCK SOMETHING UP ME TO LOOK AT THE BABY... AFTER I LIFT THE DOCTOR I STARTED BLEEDIN THE FIRST DAY IT WAS BAD AN I HAD ONE BLOOD CLOT BUT THE NEXT FEW DAYS IT SEEM LIKE MY PERIOD WAS ON IT LASTED 4 DAYS N A HALF NOW IT HAS STOP HAVE I HAD A MISCARRIAGE????????HELP ME SOME ONE
hey im ashley i had a misscariage in late july heres my story i hope it helps...... in late may of 09 i had unprotected sex on my period ((i didnt know you could get pregnant on your period)) in early june around the 10th i went to the dr and got put on deppo the bc shot then late july i started my period (well thought i did) everything was normal the blood was a brownish red color and sometimes sorta pink it lasted about a week but i woke up having awful pains one morning about a week after i started i could barely walk i tried going back to sleep but i couldnt then arounf 9 in the am i thought i might have to use the bathroom so i went and there was lots of blood (brownish pink) i began trying to use the bathroom and all there was was blood then i heard a splash and in the toilet there was a white thing it looked like meat  but you could see through it sorta and there was purple lines like veins it scared me so i called my fiance home from work we put the thing in a baggy and hurried to the er the dr verified that i had a misscarriage i didnt even know i was pregnant when i went to get the deppo shot the nurse done a prgnancy test it was negative the only time i had unprotected sex was in may before the shot me and corey my fiance always used condoms even after the shot the dr told us that the shot probablly killed the baby and i wasnt far enough along to tell i was pregnant... i hope this helps and good luck to everyone expecting and remember everything happens for a reason and God bless
they say tha tif the clot is any bigger than a 50 pence piece then its probably a mis carrage this is about an inch and a half to 2 inches big . otherwise i wouldnt worry too much because stress can cause complications too ... just relax and go and see your doctor
I think i might be havin a misscarege. i found i was pregnant last wednesday n last night i started bleeding n clotting. n now iv been geting these really  bad stomach pains. there like period pains but worse. please help me n!
hi i discovered i was pregnant sat 6-18-2010, well ive been having off in on pains in my lower abdominal i also have and bladder infection, the doctors cant determine hoe far along i am yet because my count is still too low. saturday it was 160 but monday the checked again and its noe 485 is that normal? anyone help!!
i just found out i was pregnant on Thursday clear blue said 1 was 3+ my last period was in may - i have had no pain or symptoms till i took the test now i have slight cramp am a little brown spotting i went to the docs today to get the pregnancy confirmed i mentioned the spotting and was adivsed this ciould me noemal however far to ear to send for scan has any one eles felt or feel like this
I am five and a half weeks pregnant and yesterday when I went to the bathroom I noticed blood on the tissue but I had no abdominal pain at all  so I went to the hospital right away and the doctor took some blood and did a physical exam and also did an ultrasound.  In my blood test it showed that I still had a lot of the pregnancy hormone, and when he did the physical exam my cervix was still closed.  And today I still have a little bit of blood just a few drops every time I use the bathroom.  And I don't know if that is normal I still have to go back to the doctors tomorrow and they will test my blood to see if the pregnancy hormone has gone up or down.  He said it could be implantation bleeding or it could be my uterus just growing a little too fast, but I don't have any breast tenderness and I am not hungry all the time anymore.  So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if anyone has been through something similar?
H
Hi,just wanted to give some of you peice of mind if i can....I currently have 2 children and every pregnancy is different!My first was a normal pregnancy,my 2nd I had heavy bleeding that started at 3mths and continued throughout the whole pregnancy!! Intially i thought i had misscaried but nope i have a baby boy and was not pleased i had my period through the pregnancy haha I am current pregnant with my 3rd child and am 3mths along and low and behold im having the same annoying pink/brown watery bleeding!Lucky for me i have been through this before so am confident it is the same as the last pregnancy,I will say it is always best to see your doctor for peice of mind and dont beleive anyone who tells you woman dont get their periods during preganancy because im proof that they do and theres no known cause for it.I will also say if you have bleeding thats no painful dont be overly alarmed but do see a doc also cramps followed by blood is NOT a good sign....so good luck ladies I hope your pregnancy's go full term
I just had a baby almost five months ago. My period returned at my regular time after two months. But now after almos five months I am bleeding very very badly. I have been bleefing for about two weeks. Could I be having a miscarriage this soon? Or is my body still adjusting?
I am 11 weeks and I'm not getting any bigger AT ALL :( I'm worried somethings wrong. I have some very mild cramps sometimes. nothing serious. not even any bleeding. but I still have a feeling I had a miscarriage.
hi, i have had a flush of bright red blood on saturday just 2 days after i found out i was 4 weeks pregnant, this happenned just once. after that i have been mildly spotting for the last 3 days, could i have miscarried or is there hope? no specific cramps have i noticed.
my period finish fours day ago but i had sexx the day after my period couple days after i am having heavy bleeding constantly can u tell me what wrong
Hi All I wonder if you can help, reading some of these older post I feel bad asking as Ive had nothing like some of you :( Im 8 weeks and 2 days with my first baby,  I only found out 2 weeks ago I was pregnant.  I just "knew" something was happening (apart from the missed period).. My breast were tender and have deep blue veins appearerd,  Now they only hurt if i lie on them otherwise I feel nothing,  I do feel tired but I feel its mind games, I dont have morning sickness headaches etc but I also dont have bleeding which i know i should be thankful for.  I do on a daily basis however have cramping very low down, on and off and nothing I cant handle, it feels like im about to start my period any minute but luckily I havent...BUT i cant help but shift this horrible feeling nothing is happening, I feel like im getting obssessed with it and I cant sleep, I just feel like i should have cravings, sickness, the full lot but I have nothing :( can someone tell me if this feeling is normal??? I feel sick with worry :(
Okay so I found out I was 6 weeks about a week ago... One night after sex I started to bleed it was not like a noraml period and not around the time I was due for one. The bleeding was a little pick with no pain. I was scared so right away I went to the ER. They checked my pe and they told me everything was fine it was only normal to bleed like this after an intercourse. But then the next morning when i got up to use the bathroom the bleeding had only got worse but still there was no pain and did not look like a normal period it was a off red with not clots. I waited for it to get better through the day and it nec
Okay so I found out I was 6 weeks about a week ago... One night after sex I started to bleed it was not like a noraml period and not around the time I was due for one. The bleeding was a little pick with no pain. I was scared so right away I went to the ER. They checked my pe and they told me everything was fine it was only normal to bleed like this after an intercourse. But then the next morning when i got up to use the bathroom the bleeding had only got worse but still there was no pain and did not look like a normal period it was a off red with not clots. I waited for it to get better through the day and it never did so I went back to the ER the gave me a ultrasound this time but seen nothing no sack or baby they told me I had 90% chance I had already had a miscarriage or was having one then.. but I have had a miscarriage and I know how painful it is.. and this is day three of bleeding and I have slite but not harshful cramps.. I havnet passed anything no clots or baby.. just thick blood. Please help me figure out what is going on!
ok this is my frist baby an i am in pain so much it wont stop should i go to my drs if u have a facebook u can reach me at rechel_hillier***@**** plz let me know what to do i dont want nothin to happen to my baby
Yes Its a Miscarrage (miscarriage) Becuase I Had The Same Thing And I Hope Everything Gets Better Honey..
hi i had a miscarriage 2 years ago now my little boy would of been 3 this year. i wasnt using protection but i had been with my other half for nearly 2 years and we still together now. i put on a little bit of weight but nothing drastic to make me think i was pregnant, one day whilst at the bank i began to feel dizzy and immediatly knew i had to take a test so a few days after xmas i took a test which resulted in positive so i took another the day after just to be sure and it was positive same as hen i went to the doctors for a 3rd opinion. so i had jus found out i was pregnant 4 days before my 21st i was happy because i wanted a baby but scared after all i was only gonna be 21. we recieved a letter from the hospital to say i was booked in for a scan in the february, in the december i went for a check up ay my local gp where she gave me an ulttrasound scan and felt my stomach to make sure everything was ok,she couldnt hear a heartbeat but told me it was probably because we werent 100% how far along i was, then a week later i recieved another letter from the hospital to say my scan had been brought forward,i knew in my heart something was wrong but yet i had experienced no bleeding/clots or any stomach/back cramps, that is until teh day before my scan a sunday i woke up as i was due to work that day but i cudnt move my stomach was i absolute agony i cud barely make it to the toilet, i laid in bed most of the day. the next morning me and my partner went for our scan and my worst nightmare was confirmed my baby had died :(. no signs or anything was what got me i didnt even know i had lost my baby, never mind the fact didn't know i was pregnant till i was 19 weeks. i had to go through the traumer of labour and it was horrible something no-one should ever have to go through. i would of had a little boy and we name him jake,a few weeks after test to see whether to m/c was anything to do with genetic reasons we had a burial for him. i think about him everyday and miss him alot,but i know that he is safe where ever he is and that one day soon he will have a little brother or sister.
ok so i was supposed to get my period on feb 11 th but didnt, took three clear blue p.ts and they said pregnant. went to the hospital bc i was spotting, the took a p.t w my urine it came up negative, so they did blood. that showed elevated levals of the BHCG hormone, so now, i am having bleeding still and sharp pain in my bellybutton...??????whats going on? o and this is my second child.
I sat here and read all the posts, Im having a miscarriage right now. Ive been bleeding for 5 days now. Im around 10 weeks, and like someone else stated, I know my body and my breasts arent tender anymore, and I even feel better as far as the sickness, i feel more energized now and etc.. I know whats up. I'll be going to emergency tonight, during the day is just too busy for me. I waited because I thought the bleeding would stop but it got heavier..
   Best thing always is to go to the doctor or ER. I wish all of you the best...
I Had a miscarriage last year and now im (16 weeks pregnant ) and im having cramping and back pain ,No Bleeding does this mean I could be miscarrying ? Please help me I'm so scared.
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I have had a little spotting after intercourse and after a pelvic exam the doctors took blood and said my hcg levels were lower and that I was prob experiencing a miscarriage but I'm not sure...I haven't had any more bleeding or experienced any clotting so I'm kinda confused on if I should  believe I have lost my baby and I'm not in any pain any solutions
Hi i have recentley miscarried i started bleeding on the friday morning lightly my midwife said it could be the baby settling in my womb n getting rid of any old blood on saturday i was the same but alittle heavier, i woke up at 1am sunday morning to cramping pain alittle like contractions i just sat threw it counting to twenty everytime i got a pain it soon passed all the pain went by sunday morning i stud up and felt a big ball fall when i checked it was the baby. I hope this helps but everyone is differant i understand what every1 is going threw nwish you all well its a week tday for me x
Hi my 26 years old. last week i went for my first ultra sound app. i was 11weeks & 2 days pregnant.. the doctor couldnt find the heartbeat and said the baby stop growing. he told me ti make a app for a d&c but im scared.. Now today im bleedinh and feeling cramps.. i believe im having misscarried ... should i go to the er.. please help.. thanks ladys
Hey fora coupleof daysnow  I been spotting likea brownish /red colorbut no blood clots so yesterdayat worki was feeling kind of weird like I want to pass out anon top of that my head was hurting an felt  like   I had to vomit an I was crampingl like I'm having my normal periodcan someone tellme what's going on please
I am about 9weeks pregnant and been havin brown blood at first not heavy and now its gone red I have back ache but no vramps this is my second child and my first was born at 26 weeks should I be worried  2020
I am 22 me n my parthner are trying to get preggo in may I ave spotting bout 3 day then a week after by period ***. N june my period missed the hole month then july it *** on the 14 n the 14-15 only pink spotting. Then it *** heavier wit lil clots I'm I pregnant n having a M/c plz need
hi my last period was on the 22nd ov may 2012 i 4t i was 10 weeks pregnant till i went for a vaginal scan and the told me i was only 6 weeks pregnant, when they did the scan they told me that they wasnt a heart beat and 2 come back  or another scan n a week. when i wipe my self there is a bit ov blood there no a lot just a bit one min nothing then the next thing there is blood i feel fine in my self n pain no cramping or blood clots can anyone give me advice on signs ov misscarige thanks
I think im having a misscarriage right now, I wasnt even sure if I was pregnant or not I was in denial of the whole thing, I didnt come on my periond for a whole 3 to 4 months, then about a week ago I started bleeding during intercourse with my partner, I hadnt stopped bleeding yet, I have bad cramps along with the bleeding & the bleeding is heavy what do i do ???!!!
Hi, my name is Vanessa i am just a little over 3 weeks pregnant. I already went into meet with my OB/GYN and it was too early to get a heartbeat. Im so afraid of having a miscarriage.  I went out with a friend and had a couple drinks before i found out and got a little tipsy and bumped into something.  I have a little bruise on the right side of my tummy, so at that point I was probably only 2 weeks and some odd days pregnant.  I am having slight cramping sore breasts and a little bit more hungry than usual.  I am also needing to pee every 15 minutes! I am severely worried about the cramping. Also when i went in for my first ultrasound there was a little bit of blood on the condom when they pulled the ultrasound out but whenever i pee, which i mentioned is quite a bit lol i don't see any blood whatsoever   Can somebody please help me with some answers or some advice I am very very very scared.
Hi, I'm a little confused at the moment. I'm suppose 2 b 12 weeks pregnant on Saturday and last Tuesday I had some bleeding. I had no pain, cramps or clotting. It's more period like. It slows down then picks up again. I had a scan and they said the 'pregnancy sack' is there but they can't c a baby. They wanted 2 do an internal exam coz they said they couldn't c much coz the 'lining of my womb was to thick'. I refused to have it. They took some blood and took some more two days later. This was on Friday and i haven't heard back. Has anyone had a similar experience? I just want answers so me and my husband can move on. X
Reading all your stories have answered a lot of my own questions.

I missed my December period, and in January I took a pregnancy test, it came out positive.  2 days later, I started to bleed, I thought it was just some spotting, but then it became more heavy, and the cramps started to come.  For 1 1/2 days, I fought the painful cramps and aches.  I still went on with my day, I went to work, and suffered, driving was painful, every bump felt horrible.  Then I went to the bathroom at work, feeling cramps like I needed to push, so I did, then I heard a small splash in the toilet.  That night I was still cramping but they were tolerable, and today I am still bleeding but not more pain what so ever.  I plan to take another pregnancy test and plan to go see my family doctor.  I have prepared myself to hear bad news, but I hate to tell the news to my partner and father of my 3 children.  This would be our 2 miscarriage, the last one I didn't even see my doctor because it was just to painful to come to grimpsed of it.  I want to make sure everything is ok, but I just don't want to hear that I miscarriaged again.

My heart goes out to you all.. your stories have helped me.... thank u
I just found out that I'm pregnant,I'm 5weeks pregnant. I did my home pregnancy test on the 11th and came out positive,I had my blood tests done to confirm since it wasn't visible on the sonar. My problem now is,I started bleeding on sunday like I'm having periods until today,went to see my doctor again he took some bloods to the lab because he suspects I'm miscarrying. I did my home pregnancy test again it said I'm negative,I can't lose my baby. I feel like breaking down
My name is ariel i have been bleeding for about 7 hours now straight and its very heavy im cramping very bad and its hurting me worst then my contractions did when i had my little girl. Before I started I missed two months of my period. What is wrong with me im having shooting pains threw my legs my vag and my stomach..... help ?
I had unprotected  sex with my boyfriend in march during the time i was most fertile an i my period was due in 18th march but it was early the 16th march but it didnt seem like a normal period as the first day it was bright red but only there wen i went to the toilet tinyest bit of blood all day on my pad an nect day same an then it was dark brown with stringy mucusy stuff wen i wipe an odd bit of my pad but nuffin all nite an ive been urinating alot latley an havin back pain an few cramps any advice
Hi ladies!!! I am 9 weeks pregnant in 3 days. i have been bleeding for 9 days now, when i first started bleeding my heart was in my throat. i went to docs to c midwife and she booked appointment for altra scan and i was thinking the worst but baby was fine had a healthy heartbeat.  :) 3 days later i started to bleed heavely and having cramps, like period pains. im passing small dark clots aswell. went to ANE, was waiting ages and she checked my uterus and it was closed so thats good but it could of opened up and miscarried and closed back up :s i still have sore and tender breasts. i was told i had a water infection and bactiria . so im thinking that could be the cause of pains and bleeding. i have scan tomorrow i just hope i havent miscarried... good luck to all u ladies out their who is going threw all this worrying... just think possitive,  women have been threw worse and still have baby. fingers crossed xx
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I'm so glad you have a scan tomorrow.  Hopefully you will get an answer then as I'm sure you are worried sick!  I will tell you that I had heavy bleeding in the latter part of my second trimester with clots being released.  I was scared to death!  Had a healthy baby boy.  Some women do bleed.  Bleeding can occur with an irritated cervix and the pain could indeed be from the UTI/water infection.  Have they give you an antibiotic for the UTI?  Anyway, the scan tomorrow will be great to see how things are going.  But so far, every time they've checked, baby has been fine.  Fingers crossed for you that it remains this way.  Please come back and let us know, okay?  Peace and luck sweetie
I had sex like 4 weeks ago and today ibwoke up with really bad ovary pain and alot of heavy bleeding and lower abdomen pain that's really sharp and it really gets me dizzy I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive I dont know if I should be worry