Skin growth around vaginal opening
During the recent years, I've noticed a gradual growth of skin surrounding my vaginal opening. Pieces of it protrude out in different directions. A couple are as long as almost half an inch, and about the width of a soda straw. These pieces of skin are the same color and consistency of the rest of my inner vagina, and do not appear to be infected. They are sensitive to touch. I do not believe that they are genital warts or herpes. There aren't any lumps or bumps on my inner or outer labia. They surround the entire circumfrence of the vaginal opening, and as far as I can see inside. One in particular is causing problems- It is at the top of my vaginal opening, and covers my urethra. Recently, I've found that it's easier to urinate when I bend down. I suspect it's because of this vaginal "growth". Over the last year, I have suffered from multiple UTI's that won't go away. My urethra is very sensitive, and it is painful and uncomfortable during intercourse.

I don't know what this could be. I do not have insurance at the time, and cannot afford to see my OBGYN right now. Please help. What could this be?
I have this exact same problem. I have no idea what has caused it. I have no pain, just annoying 'skin tags' around my vaginal opening. I have yet to go to a doctor to get them checked out as they are causing zero problems; no pain, no swelling, no itching, nothing like that. Sorry I am no help, just wanted to let you know that someone else is dealing with this as well.
I just found one last nght and I have never been so freaked out or scared I as well can't go to the Dr. and the Cancer scare is overwhelmng If you find out anything please reply or if anyone knows what these can be...nine seems to look as though it has a whitish looking head on it also not like a pimple I can't tell from the pic if yours does or not?
i noticed that this post is fairly old. but i have the exact same thing. did you ever find out what it is???
I have had these growths for 5 years, so they aren't cancerous. I don't know anything else because I'm only 16 and never told my mom about it.
I have the exact same problem of skin overgrowth around vagina..with itching burning and rashes..
What is it?? Any way to reduce them..
I actually went to the doctor after being scared for a while about what this could be. They told me it was the inside of the vaginal wall, growing on the outside, possibly stretched after childbirth and it just didn't go back in. I was tested for STD's at the time, and I am clean. However, if you have any symptoms of an STD that accompany this, you need to go to the doctor. Although I didn't have any symptoms, I got checked anyway. And now I know that my octopus vagina is only a cosmetic problem, and not something like cancer or HPV.  Planned Parenthood will do a well woman exam for free if you qualify, and I thought I made too much, but I was able to be checked out. The STD tests come out to only about $50 all together (gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, herpes, etc.). If it weren't for them, I would have sat at home, pissed and depressed, and not wanting to ever have anyone look at my vagina ever again. Any other doctor I checked out would have cost me a few hundred dollars, which I do not have. Just go. The ease of mind is worth more  than anything.
I know it's been years but....

OB/GYN said it was 100% totally normal, and she saw nothing strange about it. Since then, they haven't grown at all... they are actually smaller. I think maybe from hormones? She said "It's just your vagina". Lol.

No, WomanfromWv, there was no white tip.
Thank you so much for clarifying this! I just gave birth vaginally six months ago, and my vaginal entrance looks JUST like this. I was seriously having a meltdown trying to figure out what was up until I found your post.
I also have the same issue, and have had these since I can ever remember first looking at myself in my teens. I have at least 15 of them from 3/4" long and over 1/8" wide. My Ob/Gyn said they are skin tags. I wish they could be removed just because I think they are unattractive.
To whom it may concern, I have them and they are completely numb. They have no feeling when I pinch or scratch at them. They're pretty small and don't hurt or itch or burn, they aren't obstructing my vaginal opening or my urethra. They don't contain puss or have white heads, have an unusual redness or are open like a sore. They're as pink as the rest of the surrounding flesh and just feel like little bumps. I also have small hard bumps under my skin just above my clitoris that don't hurt or contain puss. I'm only 22 and have been sexually active since I was sixteen with a total of 5 partners who were all clean, wore condoms and 3 out of the 5 were long term monogamous relationships. I've been checked for STDs/STI's every year and I'm always clean. I've only had vaginosis with pelvic inflamatory disease once a year ago after having sex on a kitchen counter. After a week or two of doxycycline antibiotics it cleared right up. I'm just now discovering these bumps since I have started exploring my own body and using manual masterbation. Although I have been tested and come back clear, I have not had any children like what I've read on here so far, and was wondering if this is normal even if I have not had children? It's concerning when you find such things on or in your own body. I currently do not have a gynecologist as I've just switched health insurance companies and am still looking for a general practitioner and will have to wait 3 weeks until I receive authorization for a referral to see a gynecologist. If anyone has any answers for me please email me at ***@**** I may not remember this exact page. Thank You
Sammy  Mungarro   at gmail *******
I had the exact same problem. Even got tested incase if it is STD's but the report was negative. Then i went to consult gynaecologist, she asked me to visit skin doctor as it seems like GENITAL WART.then, skin doctor confirmed it is genital wart. Doctor treated me with 'podowart-s' and he told that apply the medicine by the help of expert and also mention not to apply it on my own. But before taking any action please visit your doctor. Also,there are many home remedy for genital wart. So good luck and get it treated aa soon as you can. For more information, search in google about GENITAL WART MALE\ FEMALE. also get your partner tested.