Skipped Period and Birth Control

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Skipped Period and Birth Control

I recently started birth control pills for the first time in January. I was getting normal periods on time for about 2 cycles and then when March 26 came around... i didnt get my period like i was supposed to.  I took a pregnancy test last week because i have had unprotected sex in the last month and it came out negative. Should i rule out pregnancy yet or no? And can birth control pills make you skip your period? and if so.. why?
also... i noticed my cervix has been really high up lately.. i would say for the last week or so.. not sure if that is normal or contributing to my missing period. I know its supposed to be high when your ovulating but i'm not sure how long its supposed to stay up there..
Avatar n tn
the pill can make you skip a period or be late. go to the doctors and tell them yor problem, if you are worried about possible pregnancy ask for a blood test. some hpt don't show positive for some people for a few weeks after implantation. it happened to me... i was on the pill (did miss a few though) missed my period and took a test (neg) then one 2 weeks later and it was positive, i was 6wk 4 days. it is possible. but as soon as we start to have sex we worry we are pregnant!!!its only natural.
hope this helps
emma
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals