Okay, so I have been doing lots of research on skipping the "sugar pills" in my birth control pack in order to be able to skip my period. I have only been on the pills for 2 packs, but only one cycle. I want to skip what would be second cycle. It's an important week. Classes start the following week and my guy who lives really far away, and who I haven't seen all summer will be comming back to town for school. We made some pretty elaborate plans and I don't want my period to ruin them. So.. my questions are:
1. Will I screw up my insides by not having a period?
2. Do I just start taking my next weeks pills on my new pack?
3. Do I have to use back up protection?
4. Will I get my next period on the next packet's placebo week?
5. Will this work using trinessa, or the type that varies in dosage through out the month?
1. No you won't screw up your insides. You're manipulating your hormones while taking the pills and the endometrial lining is much thinner than you would get on a normal, non medicated cycle. You have a withdrawal bleed when you take the sugar pills, not a menstrual period.
2. Yes, just skip the sugar pills and go straight to the hormones pills (however triphasic pills are different to monophasic, so read below).
3. No you don't need to use back up protection.
4. You should get your next period when you start the next lot of sugar pills.
5. It's better if you do it on a monophasic pill where the dosage of each of the hormones is the same. With a monophasic pill you just skip the sugar pills and go straight to the first hormone pill of the next packet.
If you use the triphasic pill to skip a period it's much more complicated and it has something to do with when you would normally take your sugar pills you need to take the highest level of progesterone pills from another packet instead (the dark blue pills). Then the following week you start another packet with the normal first hormone pills. So it gets very complicated and is more expensive because you end up throwing out a lot of your pills as you need more dark pills than any of the other ones.
However if you are only doing it as a one off, it's probably not an issue.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.