Small, hard lump near clitoris... What is it???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the last 2 days ive had a small lump near my clit (the size of a small bead). Its a bit painful so its bothering me. Its happened to be before and has gone down by itself so im not really worried.

I just wanna know what this is and what causes it... Anyone can help me pls???
Okay first of all do you shave down there? If so it might just be a ingrown hair. I get them all the time and they are a little painful and once they pop it burns when you use the rest room. If you have baby wipes or a wet wash cloth I would use that to clean up with if it pops open. Try getting a mirror to look it might have a white head on it so you will know it is an ingrown hair. Some times they do not get heads on them but if you squeeze them something might come out they pop and you will feel it pop. I am not sure if you need to pop it or not but I always pop mine and them make sure I keep it clean so it heals faster. It takes a little while to make yourself pop it open because it does hurt a little. Just my thought on what it might be.
maybe its a cyst
i had something like this and it was a nabothian (spelling?) cyst.  it is benign - they cut it out right on doctor's office - it took 2 minutes.
i have a strange long lump beside my clitoris which has just appeared, what could it be?
i have a lump beside my clit n it bout the size of a small glass ball n it goes away on its own somtimes even by the next day but everytime it comes back its bigger n hurts more its been going on for 4 years everyone told me its nothing so i never worried but now i am... im scard to go to the doctors bc i dont want to find out its cancer
so i noticed this small lump/bump. It doesnt hurt, its probably smaller then a pea, and i tried popping it because i wanted to know if it would pop, all that came out of it was a little blood. It is not an ingrown hair because its not where i shave. I have no other symptoms. I have had this bump for about a week. and it hasnt spread or got bigger after i tried popping it either...I am just scared if it is something like genital herpes, or warts. Someone please respond to this. I need advice.
Im 17 and I had just had a feel around my clit when i noticed i had a little lump on my right flap of my vagina, near my clit. Feels like a small marble. Quite painfull. I dont know whether it could be a cyst or if its nothing to worry about. Do i book an appointment to see my doctor, im really stressing out about it!
xx
hi, ive had the same thing that comes and goes over the years and it is painful especially when u wipe. it is nothing more than a non-cancerous cyst and very seldom it can be nothing more than a pesky boil.. it comes and goes due to 2 different reasons. sometimes what u eat or due to changes in your menstrual cycle. it is not anything serious but the best way to deal with it until it goes away which it does on its own is after u urinate wipe over it with a warm rag or run a baby wipe under warm water b4 wiping. it is also helpful to take a warm bath with 1 cup of acv atleast twice a week. (Apple Cider Vinegar) hope this helps.

(My resource is my gynecologist)....    Good Luck Ladies...
Probably its an ingrown hair that's the first thing that came to mind
im 17 and also have a small lump (about pea size) on the left side of my clit, just under the outside vaginal 'lips'.  ive had it for two days now, and it doesnt seem to be changing.  it only hurts when i touch it or sit funny.  what is it? i cant tell my parents.
someone help me, im so scared :/
I'm in the same boat, just tonight I was scratching around my clit when I felt a lot of pain. I noticed a small bump just like everyone is describing :( I'm sooo freaked out!! I don't want to touch it because it really hurts if I do. Please help, I'm 15 and can't find an answer!!!
I, too, have suffered fron these bumps off and on over the years. I was curious...I read the above post regarding their recurrence relating to diet and/or periods, I have notice mine recur after periods of great sadness or particularly stress. Anyone else noticed a pattern in their breakouts?
i have the same problem im 14 and i had a small lump just above my clit and i got kinda worried but i just left it then it ended up bursting then started bleeding allot but then i found out i have another 2 more further down more nearer to my clit im worried about what it could be! cos im too worried & embaressed to tell anyone else!?
Help! Please help! I have discovered, three to four days ago, a small little bump (about the size of a pea) to the left of my clit, like far left. It isn't by my vagina or anything. I don't shave down there. I've been sexually active for about 4 months, but it's only been with one guy. I know he hasn't been cheating around and he has not discovered any bumps hear his 'area'. I can't go to my mom. She doesn't even know about my boyfriend. I'm extremely worried that it could be an STD. The bump doesn't hurt when i sit normally. It hurts like heck when i apply pressure to it. I hope nothing is wrong with me. Please help if you know what it could be! :(
just yesturday i felt this small hard thing on my right clit on the outside down there. it hurts and its burning right now b/c i was trying to pop it and theres no white spot or anything on it. and it grew a little bit b/c again i was trying to pop it. so i want to know do u know what it is? im stressing out about it?
Ive had this before and I believe it was a zit...i would squeeze it and leave it and it would be painful then id leave it and by the next day it would be at a head and ready to pop.  I had to pop it a few times before it went away though...
i tried to have my dad pop it and it wont pop b/c i was asking him if he knows what it is he doesnt know. now its stings and my right clit is swallon  b/c its rubbing when i walk. anyways it hurts real bad now. i never had this before. its irritating me. my dad was thinking on taking me to the doctor after he has my mom look at it and see what she says. do u know for sure its a zit?
can i put ice on it so the clit wont swell even though that lum thing is there? that i want to know
I get a cyst on my clit about once a year or so. I've gone to the doctor once for it and she just had me put a warm/hot cloth on the area and repeat the process when the cloth got cold and the cyst would pop. It works for me, but the cyst has to be 'ready' to pop for it to work. But if its not ready, it will speed up the process. Its gross when it oozes out, but it is instant relief.
Goethe past year after I have sex I get a pea sized cyst like bump on my left lip on my vagina right near my clit. It usually goes away by itself. But I have yet to figure out what it is. Can anyone help? I don't think it's an std cause everything I have looked up hasn't shown anything like this. It's really odd. And I just want to know what it is.
WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR FATHER DOING CHECKING YOUR PRIVATE AREA????????????????????
I had something similar a few times now. The first time it was about the size of a pea inside the skin of the lower left vagina lip. But I could also move it around withou it hurting. Then I tried to pinch it and it was extremely painful. I continued to pinch it and it felt as if it popped. Nothing came out obviously seeing that it was underneath the skin. The second time I noticed it was about the size of maybe to peas. I was able to move it around. I tried pinching it and it seemed to get a little smaller. Then I moved it around and while doing that I lost it. I'm curious to know what it is. I want to ask my doctor about it but u haven't had one for her to actually feel and examine. It's concerning me more and more now.
ok so this is the closest thing ive found to my problem in fact the post above mine is almost the same thing i think but anyway i just got done masturbating not that anyone wants to know that just seems relevant to my problem because i do believe i didnt have till afterwards idk ima gonna ask my bf when he gets home if he's noticed it before today anyways after i got done i was rubbin my clit a lil bit and a noticed this lil hard lump just underneath the skin and the left side of my clit and its right next to my clit on the left side and like the person above me i can move it around and grab it with my two fingers and pinch and it slightly hurts when i squeeze but not enough to really hurt hurt im real;ly not sure if its pain i feel or not when i squeeze it its so faint and i had it between my fingers and kinda squeezed the skin and grabbed it and tried pushin up into the skin its under to try and see throught the skin because like i said its right under the skin but not outside the skin and wheni  pushed it up and pullin the skin tighter it kinda looked like a hard clear oval shaped lump with fluid in it but idk if im right the skin isnt completely see through and it also chnges to a kinda white pink color when you pull it tight the only thing im for sure about is where the lump is that its oval shaped and very hard like a cyst which was my first thought on it and my second was cancer std ran through my mind for a split second but i know its not im too careful with myself and i know my bf doesnt have one so idk i suppose cancer cyst or possibly a calcium deposit i wish i knew someone please help me out here i would just go to the doc but i have no insurance in the meantime im gonna hope its a cyst and lay down watch a movie and stick a warm compress on it
You don't have a free clinic to go to. For me I am going to Adagio Health to get help.