Small amount of blood after intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Small amount of blood after intercourse

The past few times I've had sex with my boyfriend there has been a very slight discomfort and a tiny amount of blood after. Just a drop - then it's gone. It seems the the skin seems to tear a little - perhaps its very dry? I've been with him for 2 years and no one else, and this is a new problem. Also - there has been some sore and dry skin around my anus. Sometimes it alsmost feels when I'm having sex that the skin in that region is what is causing the pain and drop of blood. I'm wondering if it's just sensitive skin? Last time I had sex was a week ago, and since my skin has been very sensitive and bowel movements have been causing sharp pains.
I'm going into the doctor in a week or two - but am wondering what is going on???
Thanks for any help in advance.
If you suspect dryness is the problem, which is very well could be, then you'd be smart to invest in some KY Jelly and see if that feels better.  You can also apply vaseline to your outer skin, like around your anus, to help with dryness or irritation there - like after you get out of the shower and are getting dressed for the day.
i have the same problem and went to my doctor and she found a small raw looking peice of tissue on my cervix.  she said it lokked like trauma or something.  if you take bc pills they can cause this too.  goodluck
Thanks for the feedback - I have been taking Seasonale for the past year and a half or so - perhaps it is from that...
FYI --- Just came back from the gyno - the problems were both a yeast infection and a hemherroid!

Not fun - but easy to fix.
Oooo, that sucks!  Sorry to hear that!  But at least now you have an answer and are on the road to recovery.  Good luck!
I bled a small amount after sex every time for about one year. I went to the doctor in Feb.2005 and was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I had a cone biopsy in March and a radical hysterectomy in May. Read up on cervical cancer and you'll see that it is a common symptom. Please go to the doctor right away. I hope you don't have it. It sure caught me by suprise!
Hi - Just got results back from the Pap Smear and all was normal.
No abnormalities - just the yeast infection I guess...
uhm hi... i just red all your comments,, and i dnt know if it is really related to my case... coz after i sex with my BF i do had a small drop of blood.. im so scared to know if ever im pregnant,,i thought i do have my period after doin that without using condom.. this the first time and im so scared:( please help me too..
hi,

i experienced bleeding after sex..it mixed the semen after sex..i dont feel any pain or discomfert at all.i think its not bleeding..it just a little blood that mix semen after sex..im worried coz my husband is afraid to make love to me.his worried something is wrong with me..ive been experiencing this for the last 2 months..plss help me..god bless.
hi, i've experience a small amount of blood a night after i've sex with my boyfriend. is it normal?
Bleeding after sex could be related to many different things. Different women experience different things. If you are really concerned you should visit your doc so that he can tell you what is really going on and if it is something serious then you can get help.