Small dark lump on pelvic area, what is it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

The lump is located on the crease where the thigh meets the genital area, kind of on top of the pelvic bone. It is NOT located on the lips of the vagina or inside it and is only on one side and is about the size of a pea. Unless you press on it, it is not painful but when I do press it it feels sore and very painful. I have had this lump for a while now and it hasn't gone away so I'm starting to get worried about what it could be.
The lump is not fixed in one place, you can move it around a little under the skin which makes me think it is possibly gland or skin issue? Also, I'm not sure why it is so dark in color...blood maybe? I have no idea what it is so if anyone could tell me what it might be and how to get rid of it I would be super grateful! Thanks.
ps- I do not think it is an STD because I was checked recently for them.
This is a guess, but check out Bartholin's cyst and see if that's it. Good luck.