Small lump on vagina lip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Small lump on vagina lip

I've had a hard lump on my left lip of my vagina for a half a year now. It's not painful at all and the only time it makes me worry is when I feel it. Tonight I tried to pop it and nothing worked to get it out. I steralized a pin and popped it and tons of blood came running out and then that was it. It's still there though and the same size. I'm starting to get worried if I should go to the doctors or not. I shave so it could be an ingrown hair but I'd think that it would be gone by now if it was.

What do you think it is?
maybe it was a cyst? I always heard that its best to not mess with them and see the dr. I know I am in that boat right now... just waiting impatiently for my appt. LOL

Good Luck and I hope you get some answers!
Thank you. I'm definitely nervous about it. I have a doctors appointment on Monday. Just a regular check up. I'm definitely nervous about it all. I don't know if I'm going to end up telling the doctor.
I think you should tell your doctor, just for peace of mind. Stuff like herpes won't last that long, so I don't think you should worry about it being anything like that. Maybe it's a boil that isn't draining? I bet your doctor could figure out how to make it go away :)
I have what sounds like the same thing. I went to the GYN on Monday. Mine is a sebacous cyst. I felt irritation down there, and I sat in a sitz bath on Sunday. Monday morning, it drained blood and clear fluid -  then it felt better, but was still there, but much smaller. I was able to get in to have it looked at. She said it may never go completly away (yuk), but I guess as long as it feels OK, then I won't worry. At this time - 3 days later, I don't really notice it's there, unless I go prodding aroud.
Hope this helps -  you should still get it looked at, but it's probably nothing but a cyst. Also - soaking and warm washcloths will help if it's sore.

Mary
this has all been helpful and reassuring to me...thanks for the input...i too will also get to a doctor to be sure.  
I have the exact same thing, it is almost like I wrote this myself. The only difference is that I tried to pop it and nothing happened. Does it feel like a bb from a gun or something. or a hard pea. I am afraid to to the doctor, I am afriad that its cancer.
i had something like that it eventually went away.. was horribly nervous.. but was just a lil cyst like what you guys are discribing best to get it checked out tho.. seriously better safe then sorry if it is cancer .. the sooner u find out the better.. so dont' post-pone it.. not saying it is but just health wise better get it checked..
I HAVE HAD VAGINAL CYSTS IN THE PAST 2 OR 3+ TIMES, THEY ARE VERY PAINFUL, HURT SO BAD!! I HAVE THIS PROBLEM YET AGAIN, MY LEFT LIP IN SO HARD, PAINFUL, NOT YET HAS COME TO A HEAD??  BUT I CAN'T EVEN SIT OR DO MUCH AT ALL, JUST STARTED MY PERIOD?? DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?? I WAS BORN WITH CEREBRAL PALSY & SCOLOSIS HAD 8+ SURGERIES @ SHRINER'S HOSPITAL, COULD MY DISABILITY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT??  MY OLD DOCTOR WAS VERY OLD AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS CAUSED BY A INGROWN HAIR AND ONCE HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS CAUSED BY DIRTY SEX, I KNOW THAT WASN'T TRUE!!  IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S FOR ME I'D APPRECIATE IT!?  I COULD HAVE A BATH IN MY JET TUB WITH EPSOM SALTS THAT WILL MAKE IT STOP ACHING CONSTANTLY!!!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLEASE HELP??  THANKS ALOT!
I have a small lump about the size of a pea on the top left side of my vagina. it is round and underneath the skin, it has a bit of a whiteish colour to it and close to the top it gets a darker colour almost like an ingrown hair maybe under the skin? I do shave, so im wondering could this be an ingrown hair.. I tried squeezing it but no luck. Just wondering if this could be some sort of cancer or STD, I am not sexually active and never have been ive just been felt down there. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!
ok so im not sexually active at all and i have a little ball on the right side of my vaginal lip it doesnt hurt or irritate me and it's not filled with anything either, the only thing is i have the same thing on my right pinky finger.
ok so i have this pea size lump on the left lip of my vagina. it only hurts when i press on it. i tried to pop it thinking it may be a zit or an ingrown hair but it just hurt really bad nothing came out. its the same color as the rest of the skin around it and you can barely notice it if you are looking. i found it yesterday idk how long its been there. i looked up sebaceous cysts but i'm not sure thats what it is.
Well I have the same thing on my right side its like a small hard pea I went to the doctor over about 3 years ago that's how long I have had it he said that it was just a cyst nothing to freak over he said that I could use some stuff over the counter if it got to me or he could just remove it him self I've had it for so long now its just like a part of me I even forget about a lot of time but u still need to go get it looked at hope this helped
this has happened to me a couple times, usually it goes away, i pop it and gradually it goes away. however, this time it's gotten a bit bigger, like a pea and i tried to pop it but nothing happened, just some blood. i think i'm going to wait a while before i do anything about it. i'm still very nervous though, i don't know why they happen.
a few days ago I noticed a fairly large lump on the left lip of my vagina. As the days have gone by it seems to be getting more and more irritated as well as uncomfortable. Sitting, walking and wiping is beginning to become VERY uncomfortable. So I took a sterilized needle to it and the first puncture a very little bit of blood & what I think is pus came out of it. I could no longer squeeze anymore out so I poked another hole and nothing but blood came out. But it's very nerve racking and even though it's a GYN's job to help.. I'm not comfortable going in there for this. Could someone please help me.. Any ideas on how to bring it to a head so I can pop it??
OKAY so i had this bump on the left side of my vagina lips & it started getting larger & harder but nothing was coming out it was just very swollen & hard for a couple of days i went to the EMERGENCY ROOM today 6/15/2011 cause I couldnt sit down anymore & the doc cut it open and drained it i was told it was a VAGINAL ABSCESS that could have came from shaving TRUTH be told it doesnt hurt anymore & the swelling went down a LIL bit but it's still there (YUK) I have too go back to the doctor in 2days for a wound check i hope the swelling is gone (STAY TUNE U GUYS)
I know this is  old, but what did the doctor say?