WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Small lump on vagina lip
by thecitylights, Jul 27, 2006
I've had a hard lump on my left lip of my vagina for a half a year now. It's not painful at all and the only time it makes me worry is when I feel it. Tonight I tried to pop it and nothing worked to get it out. I steralized a pin and popped it and tons of blood came running out and then that was it. It's still there though and the same size. I'm starting to get worried if I should go to the doctors or not. I shave so it could be an ingrown hair but I'd think that it would be gone by now if it was.

What do you think it is?
Member Comments (16)
by justlittleolme, Jul 27, 2006
maybe it was a cyst? I always heard that its best to not mess with them and see the dr. I know I am in that boat right now... just waiting impatiently for my appt. LOL

Good Luck and I hope you get some answers!
by thecitylights, Jul 28, 2006
Thank you. I'm definitely nervous about it. I have a doctors appointment on Monday. Just a regular check up. I'm definitely nervous about it all. I don't know if I'm going to end up telling the doctor.
by happyflower, Jul 30, 2006
I think you should tell your doctor, just for peace of mind. Stuff like herpes won't last that long, so I don't think you should worry about it being anything like that. Maybe it's a boil that isn't draining? I bet your doctor could figure out how to make it go away :)
by marymk, Aug 16, 2006
I have what sounds like the same thing. I went to the GYN on Monday. Mine is a sebacous cyst. I felt irritation down there, and I sat in a sitz bath on Sunday. Monday morning, it drained blood and clear fluid -  then it felt better, but was still there, but much smaller. I was able to get in to have it looked at. She said it may never go completly away (yuk), but I guess as long as it feels OK, then I won't worry. At this time - 3 days later, I don't really notice it's there, unless I go prodding aroud.
Hope this helps -  you should still get it looked at, but it's probably nothing but a cyst. Also - soaking and warm washcloths will help if it's sore.

Mary
by Ronnie66, Aug 07, 2008
this has all been helpful and reassuring to me...thanks for the input...i too will also get to a doctor to be sure.  
by wen601, Jan 14, 2009
I have the exact same thing, it is almost like I wrote this myself. The only difference is that I tried to pop it and nothing happened. Does it feel like a bb from a gun or something. or a hard pea. I am afraid to to the doctor, I am afriad that its cancer.
by want2beamommy2387, Jan 14, 2009
i had something like that it eventually went away.. was horribly nervous.. but was just a lil cyst like what you guys are discribing best to get it checked out tho.. seriously better safe then sorry if it is cancer .. the sooner u find out the better.. so dont' post-pone it.. not saying it is but just health wise better get it checked..
by NOME1969, Jul 26, 2009
I HAVE HAD VAGINAL CYSTS IN THE PAST 2 OR 3+ TIMES, THEY ARE VERY PAINFUL, HURT SO BAD!! I HAVE THIS PROBLEM YET AGAIN, MY LEFT LIP IN SO HARD, PAINFUL, NOT YET HAS COME TO A HEAD??  BUT I CAN'T EVEN SIT OR DO MUCH AT ALL, JUST STARTED MY PERIOD?? DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO?? I WAS BORN WITH CEREBRAL PALSY & SCOLOSIS HAD 8+ SURGERIES @ SHRINER'S HOSPITAL, COULD MY DISABILITY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT??  MY OLD DOCTOR WAS VERY OLD AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS CAUSED BY A INGROWN HAIR AND ONCE HE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS CAUSED BY DIRTY SEX, I KNOW THAT WASN'T TRUE!!  IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S FOR ME I'D APPRECIATE IT!?  I COULD HAVE A BATH IN MY JET TUB WITH EPSOM SALTS THAT WILL MAKE IT STOP ACHING CONSTANTLY!!!  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, PLEASE HELP??  THANKS ALOT!
by question333, Nov 11, 2009
I have a small lump about the size of a pea on the top left side of my vagina. it is round and underneath the skin, it has a bit of a whiteish colour to it and close to the top it gets a darker colour almost like an ingrown hair maybe under the skin? I do shave, so im wondering could this be an ingrown hair.. I tried squeezing it but no luck. Just wondering if this could be some sort of cancer or STD, I am not sexually active and never have been ive just been felt down there. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!