Smelly Vaginal Discharge: Verry Worried!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I've been having smelly, brown discharge for a couple of weeks. It's really bothering me now, to the point where I don't want to have sex anymore. I must have some type of nasty infection. I've even seemn dischage coming from my clitoris, along with an UNCOMFORTABLE burning sensation.

What could be causing my problems?
When you say the discharge is brown, coming from your clitoris and there's a burning sensation, this makes me think you have a severe urinary tract infection.  The brown color could be caused from blood.  You need to see a doctor ASAP.
It has been difficult to get any treatment. My job didn't offer health insurance for part-time workers. I haven't been to a gyno since July 2004. Big reason is money. I was told that I was not eligible for Medicaid because of my income. I have no money to go to a doctor.
Let me clarify:

I meant to say that the brown discharge was coming from my vagina, not my clitoris. The discahrge coming from the clitoris is milky white.
Is there a clinic in your town or a Planned Parenthood?  I hear
they will work with you and let you make payments on what you
can afford based on your income.  It sounds like you might
have vaginal or bladder infection.  Don't delay!
I know what you mean about not being able to afford healthcare when you don't have insurance.  The burning and foul discharge could also mean that it's a yeast or bacterial infection.  You may want to try over the counter medications for yeast infections.  Of course, if you think you have a medical emergency or are in severe pain, you can go to the emergency room and they cannot turn you away for not having insurance.  Good luck to you and may God bless you!
Hi. I dont know if i would be any help but for the meantime till you can see a doctor - drink plenty of clear fluids or cranberry juice. Also I dont know if you ever had this tip but after you have sex immediately go to the bathroom to pee. sex juices can go up your urinary tract and cause infection unless you empty your bladder (it'll push it all out) and of course wipe clean. Also I do something every day - after i shower i fill tub with bath water and      you lay on your back - bring your knees up to your chest and (you gotta touch yourself for this!) put your middle finger inside vagina and push the muscle down so water enters JUST the canal. then you push the water out and it will probably be cloudy from discharge. Do it a couple of times untill its clear. then of course get out of the gross water. This is better than douching because water doesnt go far inside and no fragrances to get stuck in there. i do it everyday and it keeps it from smelling funky. Hope I helped :)
i know this is gross but can you describe the odor you are having? certain odors point to certain infections. i am thinking bacterial vaginosis? and yes, check out your local planned parenthood clinic. its the best.
Well definately get seek some kind of medical intervention..a hospital cannot refuse to treat you ..go to the ER if have to , alot of hospitals offer some sort of financial help to those low of income. Also yes check into free clinics too..family planning , planned parenthood whatever it is called where you are. All else fails check out some of the homeopathic sites for suggestions but whatever the cause it doesnt sound good...anything from miscarriage to bladder infecion (infection) could be your culprit either case please get medical help.
Is it possible you left a tampon in there?  If so, get medical
help immediately, you don't want to contract toxic shock syndrome.  The above posters are right, ERs can't refuse to
help you!  Good luck!
help you!  Good luck!
I don't use tampons
My period is overdue. I know I'm not pregnant. I haven't had sex unprotected. Is ther some kind of infection that's keeping my period from coming?
help please i'm 20 years old and i have been having this weird brown and white discharge i don't know wha it is
I used to wonder what kind of women would forget their tampon in their vagina until it happened to me.  It had been in there at least a week long if not longer.  I thought my period was over, didn't realize my old tampon was still inside (I must have shoved another one in after it and forgot the first one).  I started to spot and there was a funny odor with it.  Finally I stuck my fingers inside and found an old tampon in there!  I am worried and will call my doctor first thing tomorrow morning!  Yikes!